No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wouldn't be opposed to a Center in the 1st. It depends on how the board shapes up.

Mays is an interesting guy. His measurables are to die for, and his range is unbelievable. He reminds me of Reggie Nelson though, a guy I was VERY high on that completely busted in the NFL. Like Nelson, I question his intelligence and ability to comprehend a complex defense. Its easy to play center field in college, just like Nelson shown, but what about reading and reacting to an NFL offense?

And he lacks ball skills. Physically you look at him and you think, we can make something of him but we just don't know that yet. He can be all pro, or he can be the next Roy Williams.

I loved Rey. I first loved him, then I hated him, then I loved him again right before the draft. He was the best blitzing MIKE ive seen in years. He'd be perfect for us at MIKE. If Nicks and Britt were off the board, or if we didn't need a WR, id love to take Rey in that situation. He was #2 on our board too. Reese said if Nicks wasn't there he wouldve taken Rey or Sintim. I personally think if Nicks was gone that Britt was a no brainer, but Reese wasn't high on Britt.

Comment

• I'm very glad we took Nicks but if we did take Rey and he played well for us I'd think we'd be happy with him as well.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• you can make an argument that at least for this year, Rey wouldve made a bigger impact for us than Nicks has.

after that though, I fully expect Nicks to make a much bigger impact in comparison.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          you can make an argument that at least for this year, Rey wouldve made a bigger impact for us than Nicks has.

after that though, I fully expect Nicks to make a much bigger impact in comparison.
          I think Maiava would've been "Maiava-lous". :D

He's been steady. Did you see him get in on that sack tonight?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            So I take it neither of you guys are high on Taylor Mays?
            I think Mays will be phenominal with a good staff, I just don't think he'll last until our pick in which case he becomes a steal like Kenny was for us.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              I think Maiava would've been "Maiava-lous". :D

He's been steady. Did you see him get in on that sack tonight?
              Maiava is the truth. I was real happy to see that. I wish he was starting though.

Part of me is upset with him being in a 3-4. He's much more of a 4-3 backer. But regardless, I'm just happy to see him make plays.

Comment

• If Earl thomas and Major Wright come out, where do they land? IMO Earl Thomas is mid-late 2nd because of his size. Wright i dont know much about, but i feel like he hasn't shown enough in coverage, he goes for big hits too much, and is pretty bad in man on man. I'd rate major wright as round 3, because although he has those negatives, he makes impact plays.

Comment

• it's official, I want to trade up for Anthony Davis and make him and Beatty our future stud bookends. Diehl and Snee at OG. I LOVE Seubert, but I think he's lost it. He's a tough, nasty SOB but he's lost his magic. Draft Tennant to replace O'Hara in the future. Win.

KP and a 2nd round safety also equals win. Or a FA safety.
                  DT is eh, I think we can find a diamond in the rough later in the draft
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                    it's official, I want to trade up for Anthony Davis and make him and Beatty our future stud bookends. Diehl and Snee at OG. I LOVE Seubert, but I think he's lost it. He's a tough, nasty SOB but he's lost his magic. Draft Tennant to replace O'Hara in the future. Win.

KP and a 2nd round safety also equals win. Or a FA safety.
                    DT is eh, I think we can find a diamond in the rough later in the draft
                    Trade up for Davis? I don't think so. We already have our LT of the future in Beatty and trading UP in the draft for a right tackle would be pretty dumb.

Not to mention we have way more pressing needs than a right tackle. Re-sign Whimper cheaply and he would do a more than an adequate job. Or I suppose you could always move Diehl to RT if needed.

Defense is the name of the game. For as bad as the offensive line has been at times it's still doing an adequate job. If we have to become more of a passing team with Eli and our young receivers since we can't run block I'm alright with that. Jacobs and Bradshaw should still be able to do a solid job.

DT, MLB (depending how Goff does), Safety, Center are all far more pressing needs than Anthony Davis, no offense Scotty.
                    (shameless self-promotion)
                    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I love Anthony Davis but Forenci is right. No need for him on the team. We'll have to wait for Sanu to finally get a new Rutgers player.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        I love Anthony Davis but Forenci is right. No need for him on the team. We'll have to wait for Sanu to finally get a new Rutgers player.
                        I'm down for Sanu whenever he comes out. I love him. He really looked impressive to me, especially for a true freshman.

Comment

• FINE!
                          McCourty as our nickel/4th CB?
                          R-Blaz as our future center? our current undrafted RU center has done pretty damn well, eh? ;)
                          George Johnson late for funzies would be sweet too
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                            FINE!
                            McCourty as our nickel/4th CB?
                            R-Blaz as our future center? our current undrafted RU center has done pretty damn well, eh? ;)
                            George Johnson late for funzies would be sweet too
                            I like McCourty too actually. Wouldn't be opposed to him if it was late in the draft. Right now corner is the least of our worries. Dockery is okay, Johnson is still young and has a chance to be good, and we all know Thomas and Webster are pretty damn good in their own right. That's not even including Ross who if we got a solid safety and KP is healthy he would be one of the best nickel CB's around.

Also as much as it pains me to say this I think Feagles is finally done. He's just too inconsistent with his punts. Might finally be the time to draft a new punter late in the draft. I'm not really familiar with who's a good punter and obviously it's not really a huge need but I've never been opposed to drafting one late if they can help with field position. It'd be nice if we could find a punter who could do kick offs too. Tynes is just awful at it.
                            Last edited by Forenci; 12-15-2009, 01:24 AM.

Comment

• Now that we don't have good field position Feagles can't punt for length. When we need that long punt he can't give it to us.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• We can probably just nab a punter as an UDFA. nobody drafts a punter if i remember correctly.

We shouldve nabbed Gano when we had the chance as a kicker. I heard he's been doing well for the Skins.

Right now I'm thinking DT and C. Safety is also a big need. I'm hoping we can address safety in FA though. There are some good FA safeties available, and considering the need for a high end DT and C, I rather spend our 1st 2 rounds on those needs opposed to using one of our early picks on a safety.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information