Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Wow, I didn't know that. Parcells would probably get him to bulk up to about 295ish. He's around 270 now.

    Ratliff and Tuck on the same dline in any scheme would be beastly. 4-3 line, 3-4 line, doesn't matter. That would be ridiculous.

    Imagine lining up those 2 on the same side of the dline and stunting them? Who do you block?

    Im actually surprised Dallas doesn't do that with Ware and Ratliff in 4 man nickel fronts now that I think of it.

    Yea I wish I could find that link, you guys took him before we could get a chance, but I definately remember reading how impressed he was with Tuck and wanted him to be a base DE and pass rushing DT on passing downs. Scouts Inc even redid that draft for us in 2008 and since Ware went #2 in the redone draft they gave us Tuck at #11 actually. Tuck is really versatile so he'd probably only have to adjust his weight a little here or there to make the switch.



    We try to get Ratliff in those positions too, but people have started to double him alot more then usual, Ware just moves around so much from side to side so you'll see some stunting with him but he is always on the move.


    Sintim is the only guy other then Tuck I would love to see in a 3-4, he's looked great for you guys as is, but I think he'd be a monster OLB too. We have the same arguments in our forum too though about possibly going to the 4-3, thing is you always have to 'assume' certain guys can make the change without problems and you just never know. I'd hate to see Osi end up like Kampman, losing all his trade value and being a non-factor in a new defense.





    Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      Yea I wish I could find that link, you guys took him before we could get a chance, but I definately remember reading how impressed he was with Tuck and wanted him to be a base DE and pass rushing DT on passing downs. Scouts Inc even redid that draft for us in 2008 and since Ware went #2 in the redone draft they gave us Tuck at #11 actually. Tuck is really versatile so he'd probably only have to adjust his weight a little here or there to make the switch.



      We try to get Ratliff in those positions too, but people have started to double him alot more then usual, Ware just moves around so much from side to side so you'll see some stunting with him but he is always on the move.


      Sintim is the only guy other then Tuck I would love to see in a 3-4, he's looked great for you guys as is, but I think he'd be a monster OLB too. We have the same arguments in our forum too though about possibly going to the 4-3, thing is you always have to 'assume' certain guys can make the change without problems and you just never know. I'd hate to see Osi end up like Kampman, losing all his trade value and being a non-factor in a new defense.
      I think Sintim would be very Woodley-esque in a 3-4. I don't know if he'll realize his true potential in our 4-3. So far though, he's looked pretty good even though he's not being used to his maximal ability.

      Yeah, I was one of the advocates of you guys going to a 4-3 :)

      I really wouldn't mind a 3-4 in NY. We all know I love the 34 front. Our best base would be a 4-3 base with a Spags like coordinator, but if we can land a 3-4 guy who brings pressure, I rather have that then a Bill Sheridan.

      I don't think our front 7 would need as big of an overhaul as ppl think it would.

      Comment


      • I don't see Tuck as a 34 DE. If anything he would have to get moved to LB if at all possible. But I am interested in what our next system will be.

        Comment


        • Tuck can play End in a Phillips 3-4, which is a 1 gap scheme. Not in a traditional 2 gap scheme though.


          If Javhid Best falls to the 2nd round, I would give him serious consideration. I like Best. He'd make a great spread offense back. And we're becoming more of a 3 WR offense nowadays. We could use another back in that mold.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            Tuck can play End in a Phillips 3-4, which is a 1 gap scheme. Not in a traditional 2 gap scheme though.


            If Javhid Best falls to the 2nd round, I would give him serious consideration. I like Best. He'd make a great spread offense back. And we're becoming more of a 3 WR offense nowadays. We could use another back in that mold.
            Could he play in Phillips scheme? Yes. Will he be nearly as effective as a 4-3 DE? I doubt it, personally. Seems like a waste to take such a versatile and unique player in Tuck and force him to adjust to a different scheme.

            I'm with you for Best though. I love him. Only thing that scares me is his size and injury issues. Still, has a scat back and member for a three headed monster with Bradshaw/Jacobs/Best I think he'd be able to stay healthy.

            The question is would we utilize him properly? Depends who our OC is if Gilbride goes to coach the Raiders.

            Something tells me after Best runs the 40 he won't be lasting until the second round, even with injury concerns. He is going to destroy the 40 considering he's a track star too.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Forenci View Post
              Could he play in Phillips scheme? Yes. Will he be nearly as effective as a 4-3 DE? I doubt it, personally. Seems like a waste to take such a versatile and unique player in Tuck and force him to adjust to a different scheme.

              I'm with you for Best though. I love him. Only thing that scares me is his size and injury issues. Still, has a scat back and member for a three headed monster with Bradshaw/Jacobs/Best I think he'd be able to stay healthy.

              The question is would we utilize him properly? Depends who our OC is if Gilbride goes to coach the Raiders.

              Something tells me after Best runs the 40 he won't be lasting until the second round, even with injury concerns. He is going to destroy the 40 considering he's a track star too.
              I think Tuck could thrive in that scheme. Phillips is great at getting the most out of all his front 7 guys. Its actually always been his secondary that he's had trouble with.

              Look at Jay Ratliff. The guy is an absolute monster, and is waaay out of position as a 3-4 NT. But look at how Phillips puts him in positions to make huge plays and dominate.

              He would do the same thing for Tuck.

              I could see Best as a late 1st, possibly 2nd round guy. I don't know if we're going to have two 1st round RBs this year. And if we do, will they both be scatbacks?

              Best is going to come in at around 190 lbs or maybe 200 if he packs on weight. He'll run a 4.3 though. I guess we'll wait and see what his deal is. I like Spiller too. But both those guys are probably going to different teams, bc we have more pressing needs.

              I wouldn't mind the selections if they were made though.

              Comment


              • Was gonna post this anyway, but since we're on RB's here, seems appropriate, but I am STOKED for Andre Brown next year. Let's not forget about him. I think he can really help us out and be a very nice addition to our O next year.
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                Comment


                • I know hindsight is 20/20, but I'm kind of upset with our Travis Beckum selection last year.

                  I like the player, but I just see no spot for him on our offense. What is he gonna do? He's not big enough to replace Boss as a full time TE, he's not big enough to be a FB, and he's not good enough to replace one of our big 3 WRs.

                  And even in redzone situations, I rather have Barden out there over him.

                  So where does he fit? I feel like he may have been a wasted draft pick.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    I know hindsight is 20/20, but I'm kind of upset with our Travis Beckum selection last year.

                    I like the player, but I just see no spot for him on our offense. What is he gonna do? He's not big enough to replace Boss as a full time TE, he's not big enough to be a FB, and he's not good enough to replace one of our big 3 WRs.

                    And even in redzone situations, I rather have Barden out there over him.

                    So where does he fit? I feel like he may have been a wasted draft pick.
                    he absolutely DOMINATES as a 2nd TE in Madden. Trust me.
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                      he absolutely DOMINATES as a 2nd TE in Madden. Trust me.
                      that alone makes the selection totally worth it.

                      I also bench Jacobs for Bradshaw when i pick the Giants.

                      Oh yes. yes i do.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Tuck can play End in a Phillips 3-4, which is a 1 gap scheme. Not in a traditional 2 gap scheme though.


                        If Javhid Best falls to the 2nd round, I would give him serious consideration. I like Best. He'd make a great spread offense back. And we're becoming more of a 3 WR offense nowadays. We could use another back in that mold.
                        Yeah maybe, but we are not running the 50 defense which is what Philips defense is. 1 gap 34 defense. I think if we change it would be a true 2 gap 34 defense.

                        Comment


                        • If could be possibile to use 3-4 fronts (or mix in 3-4 fronts with 4-3 fronts)


                          I wouldn't completely rule out Tuck as a 3-4 DE, but will it get the best out of arguably our best defensive lineman. I think Tuck could be a good 3-4 DE much like Bruce Smith.

                          Or perhaps he could be used in some DE/OLB hybrid, much like Willie McGinest.



                          Basically the defense as it stands could be in for a complete overhaul. Everything is up for grabs at the moment.

                          Realistically even if we keep the 4-3 as expected, there is alot of work needed in the front seven.

                          Does the prolific passing attacks mean that we need to consider the more mobile options?


                          I think my preferred option would be to sign Ryan Pickett and draft Dan Williams.

                          Comment


                          • I hope we pick up James Starks, he's going to go way later than he should because of his injuries. He's got very good and speed with quick feet and nice vision. Plus despite transferring away I'd love to see a UB Bull make a positive impact on the g-men.

                            BK

                            Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                              If could be possibile to use 3-4 fronts (or mix in 3-4 fronts with 4-3 fronts)


                              I wouldn't completely rule out Tuck as a 3-4 DE, but will it get the best out of arguably our best defensive lineman. I think Tuck could be a good 3-4 DE much like Bruce Smith.

                              Or perhaps he could be used in some DE/OLB hybrid, much like Willie McGinest.



                              Basically the defense as it stands could be in for a complete overhaul. Everything is up for grabs at the moment.

                              Realistically even if we keep the 4-3 as expected, there is alot of work needed in the front seven.

                              Does the prolific passing attacks mean that we need to consider the more mobile options?


                              I think my preferred option would be to sign Ryan Pickett and draft Dan Williams.

                              So basically a hybrid defense? 3-4 and 4-3 fronts? So... Tim Lewis all over again? Remember he came from a 3-4 Steeler defense, and brought that non sense to us. How did that turn out? And now we want to revisit that again? Why don't we use the blue print Spags used and find a coach who can execute that? or.. Just get an experienced DC who can lead this defense. No more newbies as coordinators on this team. 3 is enough for me. We hit on one, Spags, but the other two, Hufangel and Sheridan were Epic Failures.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                                So basically a hybrid defense? 3-4 and 4-3 fronts? So... Tim Lewis all over again? Remember he came from a 3-4 Steeler defense, and brought that non sense to us. How did that turn out? And now we want to revisit that again? Why don't we use the blue print Spags used and find a coach who can execute that? or.. Just get an experienced DC who can lead this defense. No more newbies as coordinators on this team. 3 is enough for me. We hit on one, Spags, but the other two, Hufangel and Sheridan were Epic Failures.
                                I was thinking more along the lines of what teams like the Patriots and Ravens have done with various combinations of the two. The key though is to get quality guys up front.

                                I agree on needing a vet DC though

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information