Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Spikes

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Its never too early. List some guys you have your eyes on.

As of right now, my main man is Brandon Spikes to play MIKE for us.

Brandon Spikes will be available for the Giants in the second round and be taken by them.

Comment

• Anthony Davis

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Just to start the Rutgers love for next year as well then watch Anthony Davis. He has NFL OT written all over him and will probably be a 1st rounder if he comes out early. He can def. be the LT of the future if we are looking tha way. Whimper, Beatty, and Davis would set us up beautifully on the O-Line.

Anthony Davis's draft stock took a beating at the combine. He was slow and lacked passion and his power lifting reps were low for a player his size.

Comment

• All i know is that when Jake Long was run blocking, he was as dominant if not more than Joe Thomas. Mike Hart is not really fast, but he earned alot of his yards because of Long's superb run blocking.

Chad Henne really benefitted from good receivers and their offense was geared around getting rid of the ball and having the reciever go out and catch it instead of waiting on a route really. So its not like Jake had to hold onto his guy for that long, but it was clear that he had the strength and his overall athleticism was decent to good enough to play LT in the NFL

Comment

• As far as the draft goes I see the Giants picks as:
          1st pick Rolando McClain ILB / MLB or Brian Price DT
          *** if the Giants trade Osi for a 1st round pick between #'s 16 and 20 I could see them taking both players. I knowing the McClain pick would be a long shot at # 15. This sets up 2nd round.

2nd pick Brandon Spikes ILB, Chad Jones SS, Donovan Warren CB or Sergio Kindle OLB / DE
          ***Pick of Spikes is if we miss out on McClain, also if Osi trade is done and Kindle is still available he would be pick.

3rd pick Nate Allen FS, Brandon Ghee CB, Morgan Burnett FS or Ricky Sapp OLB
          *** If the Giants get a sup pick for losing Ward add Mike Neal DT and Lamarr Houston DT to options along with other 3rd round picks above. Pick of Sapp OLB would be if the Giants missed out on Kindle in 2nd round.

4th pick Jared Veldheer OT, Trent Williams OT, Major Wight FS, Dominique Franks CB or Sean Lee ILB

5th pick Walter Thurmond CB, Akwasi Owusa - Ansah CB, Robert Johnson FS, or Zoltan Menhe P/K
          *** Zoltan Menhe P/K I am not sure of spelling of last name, he does both punting and kicking and has the strongest leg of any kicker in the last 10 years.

6th and 7th pick are best player at needed position.

*** as with all picks if a player falls into a lower round and still available add him to that rounds player option picks. Zoltan Menhe P/K is a must for the Giants for good field position and could be available in 6th round as well as the 5th.

Aside from all the picks needs can change due to free agent pickups.

Karlos Dansby OLB
          Gary Brackett ILB
          Bobby Williams OG
          Leigh Bodden CB
          Darren Sharper CB
          Last edited by jerseyjoehaven; 02-28-2010, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Davis 1st round??????

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
            What happened to Anthony Davis 'shining' at the combine to raise his stock, Scotty? Haha, just messing with you, but he did look pretty bad in every aspect of the combine sadly.

A lot of people are dropping him on his boards so it's a possibility he could drop to us, however I really don't want him. The combine has only proven what a lot of people thought which is he has poor work ethic and might not be dedicated to football. Something you don't wanted associated with your scouting report, especially at tackle.

Anthony Davis might drop out oh the first round

Comment

• Originally posted by jerseyjoehaven View Post
              Anthony Davis might drop out oh the first round
              I disagree with this, He will drop, but i cant see him being available any longer than early 20's. He is versatile, he is athletic, he has the feet, he is young yet has good football IQ, he doesn't look physically fit however which leads me to believe in the Beatty comparisons which make sense.

Originally posted by jerseyjoehaven View Post
              As far as the draft goes I see the Giants picks as:
              *** if the Giants trade Osi for a 1st round pick between #'s 16 and 20 I could see them taking both players. I knowing the McClain pick would be a long shot at # 15. This sets up 2nd round.

2nd pick Brandon Spikes ILB, Chad Jones SS, Donovan Warren CB or Sergio Kindle OLB / DE
              ***Pick of Spikes is if we miss out on McClain, also if Osi trade is done and Kindle is still available he would be pick.

*** If the Giants get a sup pick for losing Ward add Mike Neal DT and Lamarr Houston DT to options along with other 3rd round picks above. Pick of Sapp OLB would be if the Giants missed out on Kindle in 2nd round.

4th pick Jared Veldheer OT, Trent Williams OT, Major Wight FS, Dominique Franks CB or Sean Lee ILB

5th pick Walter Thurmond CB, Akwasi Owusa - Ansah CB, Robert Johnson FS, or Zoltan Menhe P/K
              *** Zoltan Menhe P/K I am not sure of spelling of last name, he does both punting and kicking and has the strongest leg of any kicker in the last 10 years.

*** as with all picks if a player falls into a lower round and still available add him to that rounds player option picks. Zoltan Menhe P/K is a must for the Giants for good field position and could be available in 6th round as well as the 5th.

Karlos Dansby OLB
              Gary Brackett ILB
              Bobby Williams OG
              Leigh Bodden CB
              Darren Sharper CB
              Dont think Osi is worth a mid first at the moment, but otherwise alot of what you said i can somewhat agree with. What forums do you come from?

Comment

Anthony Davis's draft stock took a beating at the combine. He was slow and lacked passion and his power lifting reps were low for a player his size.
                I posted that before the season even started and I'm right. Davis is not falling out of the first round.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                  Except that when he was coming out a lot of people felt Jake struggled with consistency and would struggle with speed rushers. Many people felt like he would be a Pro-Bowl right tackle, but were unsure of how he would handle being a left tackle in the pros. Also listing the 'awards' he's won isn't really an indication of his scouting report, nor his consistency. Try putting on the Ohio State game from a couple years ago where he and the entire Michigan offensive line got blown up.

Also Scotty, as JBond discussed on his radio show the thing about the 40 time and bench is it's not so much about how much you do, as it is about showing how much you've prepared. Clearly Davis didn't do much preparation because as you've said many times he should have been able to 'blow up' the Combine.

Plus he looked bad in mirror drills, and many of the other offensive linemen drills which are done at the combine which are actually fairly useful for scouts.

I know you guys want to be all defensive because he's a Rutgers guy but he's really not doing a good job of job of breaking the concerns of him being lazy and not dedicated to football.

If he improves as his Pro Day and still falls to us I wouldn't be opposed to taking him by any means though. Although if a good defensive player is on the board I think we can all agree that's the priority.
                  You're right he did do a terrible job going into the combine not fit. I thought he would be a big comebine winner and he was the farthest thing from it. He's still a machine on the field though and is going to be a good player. He just turned 20 I believe so it's no suprise he's still a little immature.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

As far as the draft goes I see the Giants picks as:

Karlos Dansby OLB
                    Gary Brackett ILB
                    Bobby Williams OG
                    Leigh Bodden CB
                    Darren Sharper CB
                    Are you saying that we should draft Mcclain, spikes then pick up dansby? Or are you saying if we dont get one to get the other and if that fails get the next guy?

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!

Comment

• I just have never taken too much stock into the combine. Maybe it's just me. I'll admit, Davis did not look good at all with his workouts, but I'm a guy, who although I love the combine and get pumped, don't care too much for it in terms of affecting a draft stock all too much. I mean, Raymell had a pretty bad 40 time, didn't he?
                      And ****, look at Andre Smith's combine from last year and he still went 7th overall and Davis is a better talent than him and much better suited at LT than Smith and you don't pick RT's top 10. Maybe I'm blindly defending my boy, but I've never taken all too much stock in the combine. It gives you a good feel for someone's athleticism i guess. And Jboogie's right, preparedness is huge in it, and maybe the young, immature Davis let all this top 10 stuff get to his head, but we'll see.
                      I just think his talent and 3 years of game work shouldn't be discredited because of a mediocre combine. I think there's just going to be a big initial reaction like ZOMG! I had him at the 2nd best OT and now because he waz slowwww and didn't have lotz of reps, he's my 5th! no first round for him! ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                        I just have never taken too much stock into the combine. Maybe it's just me. I'll admit, Davis did not look good at all with his workouts, but I'm a guy, who although I love the combine and get pumped, don't care too much for it in terms of affecting a draft stock all too much. I mean, Raymell had a pretty bad 40 time, didn't he?
                        And ****, look at Andre Smith's combine from last year and he still went 7th overall and Davis is a better talent than him and much better suited at LT than Smith and you don't pick RT's top 10. Maybe I'm blindly defending my boy, but I've never taken all too much stock in the combine. It gives you a good feel for someone's athleticism i guess. And Jboogie's right, preparedness is huge in it, and maybe the young, immature Davis let all this top 10 stuff get to his head, but we'll see.
                        I just think his talent and 3 years of game work shouldn't be discredited because of a mediocre combine. I think there's just going to be a big initial reaction like ZOMG! I had him at the 2nd best OT and now because he waz slowwww and didn't have lotz of reps, he's my 5th! no first round for him! ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG!
                        No need to trash Andre Smith to defend your boy scotty. Andre was a fantastic LT on the field. I loved Jason Smith and all, but Andre was more dominant on the field. Yeah he's fat, but he has great feet that are very quick, long arms and overwhelming strength. Jason Smith is more prototype and quicker as a pass blocker, but on a team that runs as much as it passes Andre'll be better. He's not just a RT despite what he looks like.

I don't think the combine is that big of a deal and still think Davis is going to make some team very happy, but I completely understand people who want to tab his lack of preparation onto the concerns about his drive. Personally I think his play sort of negates that, but it's a legit concern, the question becomes how important it is to any given GM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          I just have never taken too much stock into the combine. Maybe it's just me. I'll admit, Davis did not look good at all with his workouts, but I'm a guy, who although I love the combine and get pumped, don't care too much for it in terms of affecting a draft stock all too much. I mean, Raymell had a pretty bad 40 time, didn't he?
                          Actually as I recall, Ray Rice actually had a really good 40 (4.4 something?) time which a lot of people didn't think he'd do. It really helped his stock if you ask me.

I'm not discrediting him at all and as I said if he can show some improvement at his Pro Day I'll say no harm done, but if he doesn't even make an effort to improve that's pretty disheartening. I'm with you, Combine is fun but doesn't mean much but I'm not just going to ignore it.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Davis should have stayed in school. He's a talent, there is no doubt, but I've never bought into this top 15 hype. He's so young that he could have used to the extra year.

Comment

• I thought he should have stayed but that's more for personal reasons. Going into the combine Davis was rated as a Top 15 pick so you can't say he made the wrong decision. As it looks now the wrong decision was to show up at the combine unprepared.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• What do people think about the theory that Anthony Davis purposely sabotaged his stock to avoid getting picked by Oakland?

Just throwing that out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information