The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SKim172 View Post
    What do people think about the theory that Anthony Davis purposely sabotaged his stock to avoid getting picked by Oakland?

Just throwing that out there.
    Eh, Bruce Cambell and JPP were going to put on a show for Al either way. Davis was ahead of Ash going into the combine, but he should've known Bruce was going to shoot past him on Oakland's bored either way. If he did take a dive it's a gamble that falling past Oakland will lead to a better second contract, but I think he's turned a lot of teams outside of Oakland off to him.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• if Davis falls to 15, we should give him some thought.

Theres nothing wrong with having bookend Tackles for the next 10 years to protect your qb.

Comment

• imagine if the Giants told him to do bad so he falls to us, we sign Dansby, and draft a DT 2nd round, Myron Rolle round 3, Tennant round 4? oh dear lord, I'd cream EVERYWHERE
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• What's great about this is we can make a move like that and not worry about cap ramifications. Bc we stole Beatty in the 2nd round, we can easily move him to full time RT (although I think he's better suited at LT) and draft a guy like Davis to play LT and not worry about investing too much money on our OTs.

OT should be the only offensive position we consider at 15 though. Other than that, defense defense defense.

I hope the rumors of McClain slipping are true. As much as Ive said I like Spikes just as much as McClain, I still would love to have McClain on the Giants so if he's the pick at 15, I'd be a happy camper.

Of course if he's not the pick, then I want us to grab Spikes in round 2. Spikes in my eyes is just as good, and could potentially be even better than McClain.

I have them rated equally, actually I have Spikes rated slightly higher.

Comment

• The only thing that scares me about McClain is the fact he's essentially come out and stated that he wants to play in the 3-4, more so than the 4-3. It isn't a big deal and I'm sure he'd be happy here, but it's something to at least consider.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
              The only thing that scares me about McClain is the fact he's essentially come out and stated that he wants to play in the 3-4, more so than the 4-3. It isn't a big deal and I'm sure he'd be happy here, but it's something to at least consider.
              I don't mind that statement. If we run the same pressure based scheme we ran under Spags, his role at MIKE for us would be the same as his role in a 3-4 anyway, so its a moot point.

And if we aren't running Spags scheme, if we're running some variation of the Tampa 2, then neither he nor Spikes should be taken by us anyway bc neither fit the scheme.

Comment

• Weatherspoon is ballin out

40 in vertical, 34 reps on the press, and 4.57 40. I think that might be the best showing of the marquis backers.

and Spikes is not running the 40.
                Last edited by touchdownmaker; 03-01-2010, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Well I had McClain and Weatherspoon as my top 2 LB's so that's good news. I wonder if Weatherspoon could play Mike.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• why isn't Spikes running?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      why isn't Spikes running?
                      Because he knows he'll time slow?
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        Well I had McClain and Weatherspoon as my top 2 LB's so that's good news. I wonder if Weatherspoon could play Mike.
                        He can, but I'd rather grab a DT in round one and then take Daryl Washington in round two. He's just as fast and fluid as Spoon and has a simply crazy noze for the ball. He reminds me of a more athletic Demeco Ryans, Ryans has gotten more passive over the years but early on he was fantastic at finding the ball and getting there, something Washington does even quicker.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

Because he knows he'll time slow?
                          he can't be any worse than a 4.83, which is what i was expecting of him anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            he can't be any worse than a 4.83, which is what i was expecting of him anyway.
                            Who knows. Maybe in his prep time he was running real slow so he decided to wait untill his pro day.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                              He can, but I'd rather grab a DT in round one and then take Daryl Washington in round two. He's just as fast and fluid as Spoon and has a simply crazy noze for the ball. He reminds me of a more athletic Demeco Ryans, Ryans has gotten more passive over the years but early on he was fantastic at finding the ball and getting there, something Washington does even quicker.
                              I think I said it before but I love Washington also. If that's the route we ended up going I'd be more than happy. I still haven't decided if I like Price of Williams more though.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think I said it before but I love Washington also. If that's the route we ended up going I'd be more than happy. I still haven't decided if I like Price of Williams more though.
                                I've got Price a little ahead of Dan Williams just because his potential is unreal, I've said it elsewhere but he has more potential than McCoy in my eyes, but I'd be ecstatic if we end up picking one of them. And he's having a good combine himself coming in at 303, putting up 34 reps on the bench press alongside his freakish explosion.

BK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information