No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who would you compare Price too? Kevin Williams maybe?
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Part of me likes Washington more than Spoon. Washington is SOO fluid in coverage. They might have timed the same, but Washington plays faster.

Both play fast, Spoon has more power, Washington is a pure 4-3 WILL in my eyes.

If we didn't have Boley, Washington would be a no brainer in my eyes. He's going to make a team who needs a 4-3 WILL very happy.

Spoon would be fine with me at 15. I like Spoon.

Anyone know what McClain ran?

Comment

• McClain wasn't running either. I don't think McClain did any drills actually.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• wth?

do both of them want to see their stocks plummet?

I'm starting to think McClain will be there at 15. I expected him to run slow, like a 4.8 flat so i can't say im entirely surprised.

Comment

• Washington also ran well. He postes a 4.56 the first time around, but then ran a 4.60 on his second. He has looked silky smooth in the agility drills. So has Spoon. Washington does look really light though. Spikes is doing the agility drills and looks a bit stiff. His feet look quick though.

Dekoda Watson posted the fastest 40 time, and looks somewhat fluid in teh agility drills. I would def kick the tires if he is there is the later rounds. He could fit as a future Will.

And Yes Mclain is not doing any drills.
            Last edited by touchdownmaker; 03-01-2010, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
              Who would you compare Price too? Kevin Williams maybe?
              That's really tough. Kevin is insane how well he's maintained his pass rushing skills while bulking up. If Price is also able to add another 10-15 pounds while maintaining his burst and penetration that would be incredible. He's got the natural ability to do it but I don't want to put that sort of expectation on the kid. Kevin is also a lot longer and taller than Price which I think is part of the reason the additional weight hasn't slowed Kevin down like it would many DTs. Maybe a more explosive Cullen Jenkins or Brandon Mebane with a ceiling of a stronger Tommie Harris.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Part of me likes Washington more than Spoon. Washington is SOO fluid in coverage. They might have timed the same, but Washington plays faster.

Both play fast, Spoon has more power, Washington is a pure 4-3 WILL in my eyes.

If we didn't have Boley, Washington would be a no brainer in my eyes. He's going to make a team who needs a 4-3 WILL very happy.

Spoon would be fine with me at 15. I like Spoon.

Anyone know what McClain ran?
              See I think Washington has the nose for the ball to play MLB under Fewell, especially if we upgrade our DT situation with a starter and another rotational guy.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
              Originally posted by JBCX
              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Having Washington and Boley is a little too finesse in the LB core for my liking.

We got our speed guy in Boley, I want a thumper to stop the run inside, which is why I always preferred McClain and Spikes.

But if we truly run a Tampa 2, its probably almost a lock we take Spoon at 15, and if not him, Washington.

I could see the Colts drafting Washington.

Comment

• There was a time when I thought Selvie would be a decent mid round pick up....not anymore. I am officially off his bandwagon.

There was also a time when I was a huge Greg Hardy fan...i think im ready to hop off that bandwagon as well.

He timed slow and along with his injury and character concerns, I think we should stay away. I wouldn't consider him until the 5th round at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Having Washington and Boley is a little too finesse in the LB core for my liking.

We got our speed guy in Boley, I want a thumper to stop the run inside, which is why I always preferred McClain and Spikes.

But if we truly run a Tampa 2, its probably almost a lock we take Spoon at 15, and if not him, Washington.

If our DTs are a lot better I think we can survive with Washington and Boley, especially if the other LB is a thumper like Goff or Sintim. But you're right that Washington might not even make it to our pick.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    There was a time when I thought Selvie would be a decent mid round pick up....not anymore. I am officially off his bandwagon.

There was also a time when I was a huge Greg Hardy fan...i think im ready to hop off that bandwagon as well.

He timed slow and along with his injury and character concerns, I think we should stay away. I wouldn't consider him until the 5th round at this point.
                    I still like Hardy, the offseason has not been good to him but he's still been one of the most dominant DEs in the college game whenever he's stepped on the field. I think he'll be a little like to TO in that whenever he's on the field he's a soldier and going to be dedicated and ferocious but between sunday's you've gotta hope he's being a good boy, that and you've always gotta keep you're fingers crossed that he doesn't get banged up. I think he's fallen out of the top 2 rounds and for some teams I'm sure he's off the board altogether or a late rounder, but I still think there will be teams that look at the tape, see that dominant end and think they can handle him leading him to get picked in the 3rd.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                    Originally posted by JBCX
                    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• I am starting to jump on the Wheatherspoon bandwagon. He is a thickly built kid, and he moves so well. I would also have to agree with those that see Washington as a Will. He looks too light for a Mike. Compare the legs on Spoon versus Washington, the difference is telling. Don't get me wrong I like Washington.

Comment

• FYI

The Giants have one of their coaches running the agility drills. If I remember correctly, the did the same things when they took KP and Ross in the first. Not earth shaking just something to consider.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Having Washington and Boley is a little too finesse in the LB core for my liking.

Washington looked SO athletic doing drills at the combine today. Really looked great. Spikes scares me because of how stiff and unathletic he looks though. Spoon was pretty solid though, but not amazing by any means.

I'm starting to love Washington in the second if he's around for our pick, regardless of the scheme we run.

I can't wait to see Earl Thomas tomorrow. Mike Mayock, whom whether you like or dislike, is pretty damned knowledgeable when it comes to safeties and he said earlier today Thomas has range he hasn't seen from a safety in ten years. I love safeties with elite range so I'm going to be rooting hard for us to take Thomas if he's on the board at 15.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by touchdownmaker View Post
                            The Giants have one of their coaches running the agility drills. If I remember correctly, the did the same things when they took KP and Ross in the first. Not earth shaking just something to consider.
                            I know youre correct for Ross, we took him off of his good times in the 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle.

As for Weatherspoon, ive said that he could play all 3 positions well for quite some time, and he is EXACTLY like Jon Beason. Spoon would be best fit for SLB i believe, but he is a guy that could easilly be a Tampa 2 MLB or a Spags SLB with some help in the blitzing category.

I hope that Weatherspoon catches our eye because we really can trade down, we should and probably will to help in transitioning our defense, and could possibly get Dan Williams, Sean Weatherspoon, Earl Thomas, or Brian Price while getting a 2nd or 3rd.

I dont think people realize how depleted our LB's will be starting the season. We have essentially Boley, Goff, Kehl, DeOssie. I see only 1 worthy starter there. Like previous discussions revealed, Sintim's hips arent fluid enough for coverage, he is too stiff, he isnt agile enough to cover a back.

We should draft 2 LBs, 1 NT, 1 Safety, 1 DE barring signing a FA to fill a need.

FA Candidates:

Carlos Dansby- going to be too overpriced, is nothing but a SLB in Spags system

DeMeco Ryans- is not incredibly special, but would be a good fit at SLB for us IMO

Aaron Kampman- probably wont cost too much, is worth it, will create competition

Antoine Bethea- decent in coverage, better at run support.

Antrell Rolle- going to be too much money

Nick Collins- personally my favorite safety out of the bunch, would be great at FS (not sure if hes a UFA or RFA)

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                              I can't wait to see Earl Thomas tomorrow. Mike Mayock, whom whether you like or dislike, is pretty damned knowledgeable when it comes to safeties and he said earlier today Thomas has range he hasn't seen from a safety in ten years. I love safeties with elite range so I'm going to be rooting hard for us to take Thomas if he's on the board at 15.
                              Me too, but not at 15, i want another 2nd/3rd

Comment

• Btw these are Jon Beason and Sean Weatherspoon's profiles as done by scott

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...5&#post2006485

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information