No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whimper really wasnt that bad at LT, he just does nothing in the run blocking. I wouldnt mind us moving diehl inside and testing Whimper on the outside for preseason, Seubert is good but nothing great.

I like Anthony Davis but investing a high pick on a LT when we have guys who cant play RT seems like wasting money.

Whimper/Beatty-Diehl-O'Hara-Snee-Ciron Black

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
      Whimper really wasnt that bad at LT, he just does nothing in the run blocking. I wouldnt mind us moving diehl inside and testing Whimper on the outside for preseason, Seubert is good but nothing great.

I like Anthony Davis but investing a high pick on a LT when we have guys who cant play RT seems like wasting money.

Whimper/Beatty-Diehl-O'Hara-Snee-Ciron Black
      eh. I wanna see how we see Beatty. He seems like a LT, but needs development. Anthony Davis could EASILY play RT if need be.

Beatty-Diehl-O'Hara-Snee-Davis is a ridiculous line and young outside of O'Hara.

we need a backup center, a young guy that Shaun can tutor.
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
        eh. I wanna see how we see Beatty. He seems like a LT, but needs development. Anthony Davis could EASILY play RT if need be.

Beatty-Diehl-O'Hara-Snee-Davis is a ridiculous line and young outside of O'Hara.

yeah but if we had to give up lets say two first round picks for him, its pushing it.

Ciron Black should be close to our pick, probably lower. And i do like Beatty, but his upperbody technique is godawful.

We do need a center to groom and fast.

right now id probably draft like this:

1. DT
        2. (trade up to nab best RT probably suffer a 4th)
        3. S/C (wouldnt mind Rolle here either, he's a pretty good match for our defense, dont like his speed much though)
        5. C/S whichever we didnt draft
        6. P/FB
        7. doesnt matter

MLB i feel if Goff doesnt step up, Blackburn is adequate.
        WR hopefully someone shows up
        CB possibly but i hope Dockery stays, pray rather.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post

With Davis's size and style of play, he can realisticaly play any OL position, but it'd be best to take advantage of him on either Tackle position. He'd make a helluva RT, but he will be just as good at LT, and that is where the biggest impact is along the OL.

Agreed about Davis scotty. If that;d somehow happen I'd be one pissed off Eagles fan, because I like that set of Tackles.
          Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

yeah but if we had to give up lets say two first round picks for him, its pushing it.

Ciron Black should be close to our pick, probably lower. And i do like Beatty, but his upperbody technique is godawful.

We do need a center to groom and fast.

right now id probably draft like this:

1. DT
            2. (trade up to nab best RT probably suffer a 4th)
            3. S/C (wouldnt mind Rolle here either, he's a pretty good match for our defense, dont like his speed much though)
            5. C/S whichever we didnt draft
            6. P/FB
            7. doesnt matter

MLB i feel if Goff doesnt step up, Blackburn is adequate.
            WR hopefully someone shows up
            CB possibly but i hope Dockery stays, pray rather.
            I like Ciron Black, he can play either Tackle as well, but would probably play RT since Beatty is best suited for LT. You guys shouldn't get him, he is another guy that would piss me off, lol.
            Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Theres this big strong DT from Ole Miss. I forgot his name. But when I was scouting Greg Hardy and Peria Jerry, he stood out to me. He's a big strong guy, who doesn't really penetrate, but is great at occupying guys and pushing the pocket with his girth and strength.

I need to scout him more. He's a little fat though, so we probably wouldn't be interested. We typically don't like big DTs.

Comment

When looking at the draft, we really need to consider the likely needs.

Key factors will be the likely roster changes.

I think Pierce is gone plus Carr, Hixon, Moss, Whimper, Cofield, Robbins, Clark, Wilkinson, Dockery and CC Brown are all coming off contract (and could get better money elsewhere); Hixon and Cofield in particular could be in line for big pay days elsewhere.

The most obvious need is likely to be DT with both Cofield and Robbins off contract. Robbins won't be back and we haven't extended Cofield yet (and to be honest, I am not sure it will happen). If Cofield hits the open market, he will get good money to play for another team.

Hixon is probably in the same boat, if he hits FA, he will get good money to play elsewhere. Moss very likely will not be back (barring a huge breakout season). WR isn't likely to be an uregent need, but could surprise if a good talent is available.

Pierce is going to be a 2 down LB, he has been good for us, but I can't help thinking this is his last season in a Giants' uniform. Clark and Wilkinson are not likely to be back.

Carr will probably get a shot to be a starter with another team

I have to be honest, at this early stage, I think all these players will not be back next year.

I think it is reasonable to assume that MLB, DT, OL, CB, S and WR are the positions we are most likely to be looking at next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                  When looking at the draft, we really need to consider the likely needs.

Key factors will be the likely roster changes.

I think Pierce is gone plus Carr, Hixon, Moss, Whimper, Cofield, Robbins, Clark, Wilkinson, Dockery and CC Brown are all coming off contract (and could get better money elsewhere); Hixon and Cofield in particular could be in line for big pay days elsewhere.

The most obvious need is likely to be DT with both Cofield and Robbins off contract. Robbins won't be back and we haven't extended Cofield yet (and to be honest, I am not sure it will happen). If Cofield hits the open market, he will get good money to play for another team.

Hixon is probably in the same boat, if he hits FA, he will get good money to play elsewhere. Moss very likely will not be back (barring a huge breakout season). WR isn't likely to be an uregent need, but could surprise if a good talent is available.

Pierce is going to be a 2 down LB, he has been good for us, but I can't help thinking this is his last season in a Giants' uniform. Clark and Wilkinson are not likely to be back.

Carr will probably get a shot to be a starter with another team

I have to be honest, at this early stage, I think all these players will not be back next year.

I think it is reasonable to assume that MLB, DT, OL, CB, S and WR are the positions we are most likely to be looking at next year.

thats all very true. now the order of those needs will depend on who steps up/or doesn't within the roster this year.

our depth will take a serious hit after this year. we're going to have to have a solid draft to replenish our depth.

Comment

Hixon, Whimper, Cofield, CC Brown and Dockery are possible to come back. I'm sure if he does well in our system for one year he wont leave because i dont think many other teams would put him as a #1, provide a pro bowl caliber QB, and a consistent top 10 defense.

Whimper is believed to leave since Beatty was drafted, but he could beat Beatty out and allow Diehl to move inside, (our run offense would lose spark without a doubt though).

Cofield seems like a guy that would stay, he has a good personality and i just feel like he would.

Dockery probably will leave, but you never know, he has been with us since we signed him as a RFA and despite being tagged as a dimeback now he has seen starts in recent years.

CC Brown needs to prove he can still play with us, he wants to play, and if he cant beat out Michael Johnson with the experience he has maybe its not worth keeping him?

Comment

Hixon, Whimper, Cofield, CC Brown and Dockery are possible to come back. I'm sure if he does well in our system for one year he wont leave because i dont think many other teams would put him as a #1, provide a pro bowl caliber QB, and a consistent top 10 defense.

Whimper is believed to leave since Beatty was drafted, but he could beat Beatty out and allow Diehl to move inside, (our run offense would lose spark without a doubt though).

Cofield seems like a guy that would stay, he has a good personality and i just feel like he would.

Dockery probably will leave, but you never know, he has been with us since we signed him as a RFA and despite being tagged as a dimeback now he has seen starts in recent years.

CC Brown needs to prove he can still play with us, he wants to play, and if he cant beat out Michael Johnson with the experience he has maybe its not worth keeping him?
                      I don't see Coffield coming back. He's an average at best NT, he does nothing special at all. He doesn't take on 2 guys, he doesn't push the pocket, he's just there. There and solid. But very replaceable.

Whimper, Id like him to come back, but he'd come back with backup money. And I think he can get more elsewhere. I think that ultimately makes him leave, unless he tears it up and wins a starting job this year. But I don't see that happening.

CC Brown is a 1 year depth rental. Thats all he is. Our starters are locked in. He'll be gone or either sign for minimal money. Either way I wouldn't lose any sleep over it as of right now.

Dockery is probably gone. He's our dime guy, and can get nickel money elsewhere. We won't sign him back unless its for cheap. He'll leave for money.

As of right now, I honestly don't expect any of them to be back with our team in 2011. Thats a lot of missing pieces and loss of quality depth.

So our deep team will lose a lot of its depth after this year. We're going to need a strong draft class.

Also bear in mind, we might have to rework the contracts of Michael Johnson and Ahmad Bradshaw after this year. If Johnson starts, and Bradshaw tears it up, both will want renegotiated contracts. They make 7th round money each. You know they're not happy with that.

And I rather keep them and make them happy then overpay some of the other guys like Coffield or CC Brown.
                      Last edited by bigbluedefense; 05-29-2009, 04:07 PM.

Comment

I don't have your confidence. Hixon and Cofield will probably be worth at least contracts of $5mil+ per year. I don't think the front office will justify that considering the amount of talent at both positions. If either is going to stick, they should be extened now.

Dockery will continue the trend of 2nd round tender in our secondary and then leaving in FA. He is the #4 CB, he isn't going to be a priority. I think we draft more depth instead/

Comment

Thoughts on Mike McLaughin?

He seems like a similar player to Jonathan Goff.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            Thoughts on Mike McLaughin?

He seems like a similar player to Jonathan Goff.
                            He does seem like Goff; there is alot to like about him

I think he would be a very interesting option in the mid rounds

Comment

Well, now that the college football season is underway and Scott has put up new material for this year, I guess we can get this puppy rolling again.

In his first mock (which will obviously change dramatically come draft day), he has us pass on Brandon Spikes.

As much as I love Goff, if Brandon Spikes were to fall to us on draft day, at this moment in time, Id think we'd be foolish to pass on him. We need better MIKE play.

Jermaine Gresham is another guy Im interested in. He's a stud TE. If he has injury concerns this season, who knows.

Im also interested in DTs this year. Particularly a guy like Allen Bailey in round 2.

Comment

Did you guys check out Allen Bailey yesterday? BEAST!

He's a guy Ive been interested in, and after watching him yesterday, he's my #1 guy at the moment (this will obviously change). The guy is sooo strong, he demands a double on every play, he got a sack, he can penetrate even with a double team, and he's so lean at 290 lbs, it looks like he can easily pack on 20 more lbs to that frame.

And he's sooo fast. The guy is a freak of nature. Imagine him with Wauffle teaching him technique? Forget about it.

With Coffield and Robbins both possibly being gone after this year, Bernard getting older, and Alford coming off an ACL injury, I think DT is going to be one of our needs, and this guy would surely fit the bill.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information