Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
    Me too, but not at 15, i want another 2nd/3rd
    Thomas is going to be a top 15 pick, it's just a matter if he gets taken before our pick or not.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• We really could pick just about anybody in the 1st and I wouldn't mind.

It's going to be awfully hard for Reese to screw up this pick.

I won't mind Earl Thomas at all. I've been on his bandwagon before the start of the college season. LonghornLegends got me on him, and I've been sold for a long time now.

Right now, I'm thinking Sean Weatherspoon is going to be the pick though. I still prefer a guy like McClain or Spikes inside for us, but with Fewell at DC, I don't see us taking either of those guys over Spoon considering his speed.

Id love Daryl Washington too, but I don't see him getting past Indy. Indy is going to get a steal in Washington. He's the perfect 4-3 WILL.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
        Thomas is going to be a top 15 pick, it's just a matter if he gets taken before our pick or not.
        with a height of 5'9 7/8'' thats very hard to believe despite the fact that he has great fluid hips, is very good at cutting off the ball carrier with closing speed, has excellent instincts. Ed Reed had all of those plus was two inches taller and played 4 seasons of great production even with a team that was stacked on defense and was drafted at pick 22.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        We really could pick just about anybody in the 1st and I wouldn't mind.

I won't mind Earl Thomas at all. I've been on his bandwagon before the start of the college season. LonghornLegends got me on him, and I've been sold for a long time now.

Right now, I'm thinking Sean Weatherspoon is going to be the pick though. I still prefer a guy like McClain or Spikes inside for us, but with Fewell at DC, I don't see us taking either of those guys over Spoon considering his speed.

Id love Daryl Washington too, but I don't see him getting past Indy. Indy is going to get a steal in Washington. He's the perfect 4-3 WILL.
        The only problem i have with Weatherspoon is that he is not a great blitzer, but otherwise i really can't say i dislike anything else about him.

By drafting him though, a pure SLB in a spags system, we only really have two more picks to address Safety, MLB, and NT. Which is why drafting down and being a competitor next season are reliant on eachother.

If we pick up a 2nd, which in this draft is very possible with the rookie 1st round salary increasing yearly, and the talent level available, even the fact that more teams are employing a 3-4 is an added factor that could net the giants good value compensation.

Players possibly slipping:

Anthony Davis- a legitimate LT prospect at 15 with his youth, versatility, and athletic ability doesn't come along every draft

Rolando McClain- would fill a need for us, since we could pick him a team would need to compensate us more, and thats without taking into consideration his leadership, physical freakness, and combo of being good in coverage and blitzing (high 3rd down value not just on 1st and 2nd)

JPP/Taylor Mays/Bruce Campbell- basically whoever Raiders dont take, are very high potential guys that late round teams can afford to take a chance on.

1. Trade down (late 2nd)- Sean Weatherspoon SLB
        2a. Brandon Spikes MLB
        2b. Trade up(our 4th) Terrence Cody NT
        3. Reshad Jones SS
        5. Chris Scott OG
        6. Rashawn Jackson FB
        7. PUNTER

Comment

• If we get Spoon, he's not playing SAM, he's gonna play MIKE for us.

Unless we nab Spikes later on, who may slip to us in the 2nd the way his current stock is plummeting.

Quite frankly, I'd LOVE for his stock to fall, bc if we really are interested in his skill set, he may be there in the 2nd for us and we wouldn't even have to move up to nab him.

Comment

• As much as I like Thomas, wouldn't it be a waste to have KP and him as FS?

If KP is done then if makes sense, but if he's good to go it would be pointless to draft two first round FS's in less than 5 years.

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!

Comment

• Reese on S Kenny Phillips: “Kenny’s doing great. He’s on schedule. There’s no pain right now with his knee. He’s got a great attitude about it. We expect him to come back and be 100 percent. I don’t think you can put all your eggs in Kenny’s basket right now because that’s a tough injury to come back from, so we’ll try to be prepared if he doesn’t come back 100 percent.”

Might as well get another safety just in case right? And wouldn't KP be a better fit at SS in the Tampa-2 as a tackler/ big hitter? Assuming that we run that.

Comment

• I completely understand getting another just in case, but a first round? Seems a little early to me.

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  If we get Spoon, he's not playing SAM, he's gonna play MIKE for us.

Unless we nab Spikes later on, who may slip to us in the 2nd the way his current stock is plummeting.

Quite frankly, I'd LOVE for his stock to fall, bc if we really are interested in his skill set, he may be there in the 2nd for us and we wouldn't even have to move up to nab him.
                  He COULD play Mike, but his skillset is far better as a SAM. If we pick him, he is a better blitzer than any LB we have right now, besides Sintim who is a DE. He isn't the greatest at shedding blocks, but his coverage combined with his decent to good blitzing ability would be wasted at MLB.

Our MLB should be a downhill thumper with good ability to shed blocks, read, and close in the hole. I believe Weatherspoon would be good at this, but he does not have the same instincts that Spikes has in the run game, and he cannot take on shed blocks nearly as well.

Getting Weatherspoon and Spikes would be my hell bent task as a GM, couple them with Boley and honestly i dont think we could do any better than that fitting players to scheme.

Basically, If you get Weatherspoon you need a legit blocker eater infront of him for him to play MLB to his full potential.

Comment

• If we pick Earl at 15 i will be upset at the value we are giving up, but happy that we get a good player.

Comment

• Agreed. If Reese can find a ballhawk in Round 2 ala Jarius Byrd, I'd be happy. Maybe Nate Allen?

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoGiants! View Post
                        I completely understand getting another just in case, but a first round? Seems a little early to me.
                        BEST SIG EVERzzzzz.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          We really could pick just about anybody in the 1st and I wouldn't mind.

100% right. Reese can nail this draft jst because there is a ton of guys he can take. Out of the Giants fans on here there are about 6 or 7 guys he can take we'd be happy with. Watch it be someone we haven't been discussing at all though.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                            If we pick Earl at 15 i will be upset at the value we are giving up, but happy that we get a good player.
                            To address this and your previous point, the value of the safety has gone up significantly since Ed Reed was picked and there have been plenty of safeties picked higher than 22 who weren't nearly as good as Reed coming out.

Thomas is an elite player who has elite range. Him and Kenny in the secondary would give us so much versatility with all he ground they can cover.

Thomas is a top 15 player easily and I wouldn't be surprised if was top 10 by the time the draft rolls around. Some even think he's better than Berry, which I'm pretty close to agreeing with, granted I'm not a huge Berry fan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                              To address this and your previous point, the value of the safety has gone up significantly since Ed Reed was picked and there have been plenty of safeties picked higher than 22 who weren't nearly as good as Reed coming out.

Thomas is an elite player who has elite range. Him and Kenny in the secondary would give us so much versatility with all he ground they can cover.

Thomas is a top 15 player easily and I wouldn't be surprised if was top 10 by the time the draft rolls around. Some even think he's better than Berry, which I'm pretty close to agreeing with, granted I'm not a huge Berry fan.
                              I like earl, but he's not on berry's level. Berry has just as fantastic range and ballskills with quite a bit better size and physicality. Basically Berry's weaknesses are the same as Earl's but to a lesser extent and earl's strengths are not advantages against Berry's. Earl's going to make so
                              E team very happy but Berry's a better prospect in pretty much everyway.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                                I like earl, but he's not on berry's level. Berry has just as fantastic range and ballskills with quite a bit better size and physicality. Basically Berry's weaknesses are the same as Earl's but to a lesser extent and earl's strengths are not advantages against Berry's. Earl's going to make so
                                E team very happy but Berry's a better prospect in pretty much everyway.
                                I don't really disagree, it's more of a personal preference than anything else. Berry is the better prospect but ultimately I'm just a bigger fan of Earl Thomas.

I'd still take Berry over Thomas if we were given the chance, but I don't think Thomas is as far behind Berry in terms of ability, as most people think.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information