No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If McClain doesn't fall into our laps, I'm thinking were going to have to pick a DT. I don't see us picking a DB or any other LB.

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      I like all our corners but I was just curious when value far outweighs need at a certain pick.
      Yeah. It would just be a waste to see such talent not play as much as they should.

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!

Comment

• You could trade Ross possibly as well for a position of need if we took Haden. I'm not advocating it but there are plenty of possibilities.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

You could trade Ross possibly as well for a position of need if we took Haden. I'm not advocating it but there are plenty of possibilities.
          I know what you're saying but it wouldn't really make sense to trade Ross and just spend a first rounder on a guy to replace him.
          (shameless self-promotion)
          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Taylor Mays might have run a faster time than his official

http://blogs.nfl.com/2010/03/03/uscs...icial-40-time/

Comment

• If we get Antrell Rolle, we probably shouldnt look to safety until the 3rd maybe 4th round.

Rolle is very similar to Byrd from the bills who Fewell really did a nice job with. I think this would be a good move utilizing Rolle's ability to cover the slot, play deep coverage, make plays and secure tackles. He definitely has a nose for the ball.

1. (trade down get 3rd) Sean Weatherspoon
              2. Brandon Spikes
              3. Arthur Jones
              3. Reshad Jones
              4. Matt Tennant
              5. DE
              6. Rashawn Jackson
              7. Punter

or

1. (Trade down get 3rd) Dan Williams
              2. Brandon Spikes
              3. Tony Washington
              3. Reshad Jones
              4. Matt Tennant
              5. DE
              6. Rashawn Jackson
              7. Punter

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                If we get Antrell Rolle, we probably shouldnt look to safety until the 3rd maybe 4th round.

Rolle is very similar to Byrd from the bills who Fewell really did a nice job with. I think this would be a good move utilizing Rolle's ability to cover the slot, play deep coverage, make plays and secure tackles. He definitely has a nose for the ball.

2. Brandon Spikes
                3. Arthur Jones
                3. Reshad Jones
                4. Matt Tennant
                5. DE
                6. Rashawn Jackson
                7. Punter

or

1. (Trade down get 3rd) Dan Williams
                2. Brandon Spikes
                3. Tony Washington
                3. Reshad Jones
                4. Matt Tennant
                5. DE
                6. Rashawn Jackson
                7. Punter
                We won't be able to trade down for Dan Williams or Brian Price. Either way you neglect our DT position. Hell I'd love to see us get a DT in the first and third.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                Originally posted by JBCX
                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                  2. Brandon Spikes
                  3. Arthur Jones
                  3. Reshad Jones
                  4. Matt Tennant
                  5. DE
                  6. Rashawn Jackson
                  7. Punter
                  I like this a lot. I would like to trade up in the second to pick up Mt. Cody. If that means giving up a pick next year or giving up this year's second and the extra third round pick(gained by trading down) this year.

Do you also see Reshad Jones dropping that far? Most mocks I have seen have him going in the mid second round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                    We won't be able to trade down for Dan Williams or Brian Price. Either way you neglect our DT position. Hell I'd love to see us get a DT in the first and third.
                    Both had decent to good showings at the Combine, but neither really improved their stock to break top 20 consideration. Dan Williams was only really rumored a high pick when people thought hed fit a 3-4 NT position, but he is definitely more fitted for 4-3. Brian Price showed his strength in the BP, but he certainly didnt show it vs Temple which was the last game he played in college.

Geno Atkins in round 3/4 would be nice, had an awesome showing at the Senior Bowl for the most part, but NT should be addressed with Dan Williams or Terrence Cody or if we dont manage either in the first two rounds Arthur Jones

Originally posted by touchdownmaker View Post
                    I like this a lot. I would like to trade up in the second to pick up Mt. Cody. If that means giving up a pick next year or giving up this year's second and the extra third round pick(gained by trading down) this year.

Do you also see Reshad Jones dropping that far? Most mocks I have seen have him going in the mid second round.
                    Cody is most likely going to be gone by pick 28, the Chargers just made that almost a given by releasing Jamaal Williams, so idk if thats possible. I dont really think thered be a problem, on Passing downs he'll be switched with a UT which we have plenty of.

And personally i think its hard to say, id peg him at an early 3rd rounder. Mostly because he's not consistent, lets up some big plays and doesnt have the speed to make up for that. His tackling has improved, and he certainly is instinctive and has good to decent ball skills. With Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Chad Jones, Taylor Mays, Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett (overrated really), and even guys behind him like Larry Asante, Major Wright, Myron Rolle, and Darrelle Stuckey he's not a guy someone has to reach for and his value is probably decreased by the fact that this class is deep.

Comment

• They where both top 20 picks before the combine and both did well. Price proving that he's got good strength at his size and DW proving he was still very quick for his size.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                      Originally posted by JBCX
                      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                        They where both top 20 picks before the combine and both did well. Price proving that he's got good strength at his size and DW proving he was still very quick for his size.
                        while both didnt do well in where they were expected, DW only put up 27 in bench press, Price only managed a 5.15. Neither are bad at all though. But theres no way both are top 20 picks. that means 4 DTs in the top 20 along with 4 or 5 OT's, thats just linemen. Both potentially could break the top 20, but they are both not secure picks there, there more likely to go 20-30.

Comment

• I think Everson Griffin is going to be high on our draft board. I'm not sure he'll be 15 but if he's there early 2nd I could see Reese looking to do something to get him.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think Everson Griffin is going to be high on our draft board. I'm not sure he'll be 15 but if he's there early 2nd I could see Reese looking to do something to get him.
                            Was just thinking about that too, would only really agree with that if we traded Osi because we cant afford to waste either of our first two picks on a DE really

Comment

• my thinking our top two picks in the draft at this stage is
                              MLB Sean Weatherspoon and FS Nate Allen

that would give us a defensive back 7 depth something like:

SLB (2): Clint Sintim, Brian Kehl

MLB (3): Sean Weatherspoon, Jonathan Goff, Chase Blackburn

OLB (2): Michael Boley, Gerris Wilkinson

CB (5): Corey Webster, Terrell Thomas, Aaron Ross, Bruce Johnson, Draft Pick

SS (3): Kenny Phillips, Michael Johnson, Aaron Rouse

FS (2): Antrel Rolle, Nate Allen

It also allows us to address our other positions of need through the rest of the draft
                              (I don't expect too much more in free agency other than a backup QB)

That would give Fewell plenty to work with
                              Last edited by Big_Pete; 03-06-2010, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• Since there is no DT that would be of value at the 15 spot, and since we know Reese rarely ever moves up or down in the 1st 2 rounds, its all but a mortal lock that our pick will be either

Rolando McClain

or

Sean Weatherspoon

If both are available, it will be interesting to see who we choose. McClain is the better player (maybe...i have reservations), but Weatherspoon fits Fewell's system better.

Chances are McClain won't be available, which pretty much means Weatherspoon is a Giant.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information