X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I still don't count out OT.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Since there is no DT that would be of value at the 15 spot, and since we know Reese rarely ever moves up or down in the 1st 2 rounds, its all but a mortal lock that our pick will be either

Rolando McClain

or

Sean Weatherspoon

If both are available, it will be interesting to see who we choose. McClain is the better player (maybe...i have reservations), but Weatherspoon fits Fewell's system better.

Chances are McClain won't be available, which pretty much means Weatherspoon is a Giant.
      I really wouldnt count out trading down and taking a DT instead of either. Although Weatherspoon is probably the best right now and his skillset probably projects the best for this new defense, Daryl Washington might be who we're targeting for MLB. I personally would agree with you though, we need a MLB the most, Goff is not great in coverage.

Another thing is, Kehl might actually be best fit for SLB in a Tampa 2 defense, although he really isnt worth starting from his performances in the past.

Originally posted by Damix View Post
      I still don't count out OT.
      Only if Bulaga or Davis falls would it be warranted. Williams might solve our RT problems for a long time, but is an RT worth a 1st round pick? Not at all.

Comment

• What exactly makes Franklin Weatherspoon a better prospect than Brian Price than Dan Williams? I think they're on a similar level while DT is a bigger need that's harder to fill since Daryl Washington in round 2 will make a much bigger impact than Cody, adkins or Houston.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
          What exactly makes Franklin Weatherspoon a better prospect than Brian Price than Dan Williams? I think they're on a similar level while DT is a bigger need that's harder to fill since Daryl Washington in round 2 will make a much bigger impact than Cody, adkins or Houston.
          Aren't Adkins and Houston really UT's? I can agree with you here, after Dan Williams and Cody (who wont be there in the second for us) theres a significant dropoff in NT NFL ready talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
            Aren't Adkins and Houston really UT's? I can agree with you here, after Dan Williams and Cody (who wont be there in the second for us) theres a significant dropoff in NT NFL ready talent.
            I think we need a NT type and an UT type, Canty's more of a run stuffer than penetrator and we still have no clue how well Alford has recovered.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

I think we need a NT type and an UT type, Canty's more of a run stuffer than penetrator and we still have no clue how well Alford has recovered.
              Agree, hopefully Canty put on some more weight. Let's say we rule out Alford as a starter or big contributor, we still have Cofield who really isnt all that bad even though hes not all that good either.

I really dont want to spend a first round pick on a DT that isnt spectacular.

Comment

• screw it, let's just trade our entire draft for Suh <3333
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• You know, I was actually thinking of that earlier today. What if we traded the farm for Suh or McCoy?

It would take ALOT to do it, but maybe its just what we need. We won't do that obviously, but having a stud DT is something we've been missing since Keith Hamilton.

Its been a LOOOOOOONG time.

And our dline won't ever be as good as it could be until we find that presence inside.

Having that said, we need a NT, not a UT. Reese already said Canty is our 3 tech, and we have Alford to spell him.

So we really need a NT.

But we all know the Giants MO, they don't go after DTs early. So I doubt we get a guy like Dan Williams at 15. Weatherspoon is the guy.

Comment

• I find it interesting that people write off finding good DTs after the top end of the draft.

This year's group is exceptionally deep, there are some good value DTs in the mid-late rounds.

Linval Joseph, East Carolina (6-5, 328, 5.11, 39 reps)

Mike Neal, Purdue (6-3, 294, 4.88, 31 reps)

Cam Thomas, North Carolina (6-4, 330, 5.28, 31 reps)

Torell Troup, Central Florida (6-3, 314, 5.12, 34 reps)

Jay Ross, East Carolina (6-3, 313, 5.12, 30 reps)

and there are others; personally I am a fan of Jospeh and would like to see the Giants pick him up.

This year there is plenty of good DT prospects in the mid to late rounds
                    Last edited by Big_Pete; 03-07-2010, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• I would trade our first, second, third and a first and second next year for the #1 pick and the rams' 4th rounder this year.

BK

Comment

I would trade our first, second, third and a first and second next year for the #1 pick and the rams' 4th rounder this year.
                        Not a fan of that at all, putting so much into one player is a recipe for disaster. If he bodes well there may not even be much of a supporting cast to help out, if he fails well obviously the franchise takes a dip for a little.

Theres little to no chance Suh escapes the top 3 picks. McCoy could only drop to...yeah no both of them would be taken even if it was out of BPA.

Still dont know why everyone here wants no part of Cody...

Comment

I would trade our first, second, third and a first and second next year for the #1 pick and the rams' 4th rounder this year.
                          If you want to trade for Suh, what about trading Osi Umenyiora and #15 to the Rams for #1?

That would reunite Umenyiora with Spagnuolo and allow them to still get a quality player at #15. It will also be a heck of a lot cheaper in $$ terms.

The #1 pick is worth a contract around 6 years, $72 million ($41.7M guaranteed)

whereas #15 is worth a contract around 5 years, $18 million ($10.435M guaranteed)

and Osi's vale to the Rams would be around 3 years, $11.5million (no guaranteed)
                          [Osi's salaries: 2010: $3.1 million (+ $1.1 million in roster bonuses), 2011: $3.125 million, 2012: $3.975]
                          Last edited by Big_Pete; 03-07-2010, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Not a fan of that at all, putting so much into one player is a recipe for disaster. If he bodes well there may not even be much of a supporting cast to help out, if he fails well obviously the franchise takes a dip for a little.

Theres little to no chance Suh escapes the top 3 picks. McCoy could only drop to...yeah no both of them would be taken even if it was out of BPA.

Still dont know why everyone here wants no part of Cody...
                            Because Cody is a fat lard who'll produce no pressure and is destined as a 2 down...hell, maybe 1 down, 3-4 NT. He's out of breath after 2 straight plays. He'd be awful here.
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                              If you want to trade for the #1, what about trading Osi Umenyiora and #15?

That would reunite Umenyiora with Spagnuolo and allow them to still get a quality player at #15. It will also be a heck of a lot cheaper in $$ terms.
                              To go from #15 to #1 would entail:

Give
                              Pick #15 (1,050 )
                              Pick # 46 (440)
                              Pick # 79 (195)
                              Osi (Early/Mid Second and Early/Mid 4th round value = 480 + 82= 562)
                              2010 Pick estimated #24 (740)

= 2987

For
                              Pick #1

Comment

To go from #15 to #1 would entail:

Give
                                Pick #15 (1,050 )
                                Pick # 46 (440)
                                Pick # 79 (195)
                                Osi (Early/Mid Second and Early/Mid 4th round value = 480 + 82= 562)
                                2010 Pick estimated #24 (740)

= 2987

For
                                Pick #1
                                Traditionally that is the case, but there has been a genuine reluctance to pay the kind of contracts the top picks get. These teams want to trade down.

Plus Umenyiora is a pro bowl DE and knows Spagnuolo and his system well; plus Osi would be a bargain price $$ wise.

Looking at the frenzy around Julius Peppers, I think Umenyiora has more trade value than many people expect, particularly with the limited group available in free agency.
                                Last edited by Big_Pete; 03-07-2010, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information