No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah it's really bad even for a slow track.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• So like i was saying before:

1. (Trade down pickup mid/late 2nd) Sean Weatherspoon OLB

Clearly this draft is alot deeper than most are used to seeing every year. We clearly don't need to stay at our pick for any reason, McClain would be our only exception. I fully realize that Reese has not traded back yet in a draft, but he likes getting fair value, and at our pick there are alot of players who can fall and alot of playoff teams with major holes to fill.

2a. Terrence Cody NT

Yes i fully realize no one is going to agree with me, this is a huge risk pick. He has shown little to no ability to passrush, which makes him completely useless on 3rd down. However on 1st and second and goalline situations he will be absolutely clutch. His ability to handle double teams is amazing, and will free up linebackers to move freely while still making tackles and closing up holes. If the other team does pass, he can push the pocket and still free up the other three DL to make plays.

2b. Brandon Spikes ILB

He's slow. Zone coverage linebackers dont have to be fast, quick is more like it. With Spikes's ability to read plays and his great instincts he can still be a good option in coverage. He is very good at blitzing and against the run, pair him with Weatherspoon and Cody and our run defense is considerably improved.

3. Tony Washington OT

He did his sister, he's a sex offender, he probably does have some mental issues, but he is a great prospect with very good potential at RT. He showed nice fluidity in the drills at the combine and improved his stock.

4. Matt Tennant C

No explanation needed, most giants fans are high on him and see the connection

5. George Selvie DE

No talk about him recently, but he still has very high potential at the next level when at the right weight.

6. Rashawn Jackson

Add another dimension to the FB position, even if he doesn't take over the FB position, he would still improve our special teams while being an insurance if another year of our runningbacks all being injured

7. PUNTER

Comment

• Why both Spikes and Spoon? Also, I want Cody, we don't need him for 3rd downs, we have Canty, Cofield and Alford. If we can have him in on downs 1 and 2 with the occtional 3, he can take up to 2 blockers freeing up Kiwi, Tuck and whoever else is in the front 7.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
          Here's a pipedream I like
          NYG Trade: Osi Umenyiora, 3rd round pick and conditional 2011 pick
          NYG Receive: Ryan Pickett and AJ Hawk

It'll never happen but if the packers have trouble working out a long term deal with Pickett I think this trade would help everyone involved. The packers re-coup some picks, get a talented veteran pass rusher to play opposite Matthews while giving him advice, the move HAwk so that they can get a more traditional and cheaper 3-4 ILB to fill his spot, Osi get's to play in a 3-4 were he can focus on just rushing the passer. We get a vet who can start with Canty while we bring along some youth at the position and we get Hawk, who's very versatile and can let us do some different things with our 4-3.
          I would cream my pants. One of my fave OSU players on the Giants!

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
            So like i was saying before:

1. (Trade down pickup mid/late 2nd) Sean Weatherspoon OLB
            2a. Terrence Cody NT
            2b. Brandon Spikes ILB]
            3. Tony Washington OT
            4. Matt Tennant C
            5. George Selvie DE
            6. Rashawn Jackson
            7. PUNTER
            I really don't like this draft. That's too much of an invest into the LB position and I really dislike Cody. Washington has a lot of talent but we need more help at DT than RT, we have Canty, but we have no idea what Alford will be able to give us, he very well could suck it up like Osi did this year and Cofield's mediocre, we need 2 DTs to really be solid at the position.

I do like Tennant though and Selvie can definitely get after the passer, although I'm hoping Hardy falls hard and if he's not there Austen Lane should be. Instead of Jackson I'd rather grab James Starks, who's going to be a major steal and who knows what our big back situation will be, Jacobs gets banged up, Ware's in the doghouse and Andre Brown's coming off knee surgery. At FB Jackson won't supplant Bushpenis and we've got Beckum to be a receiving H-back type.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
              I would cream my pants. One of my fave OSU players on the Giants!
              Pity he's lost that 6th sense for the ball that made him such a monster at OSU. The ball just gravitated to him.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• Spikes 40 Time

I could see him being there in the 3rd round

Comment

• Originally posted by touchdownmaker View Post
                  Spikes 40 Time

I could see him being there in the 3rd round
                  i really dunno at this point, part of me believes that some teams considered him a late first, and this may only knock him down to a late 2nd

Comment

• My dream first 3 rounds:
                    1) 'Spoon
                    2) Dan Williams or Brian Price
                    3) Tony Washington

SPLOOSH

Comment

• Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                      My dream first 3 rounds:
                      1) 'Spoon
                      2) Dan Williams or Brian Price
                      3) Tony Washington
                      No way are either Williams or Price available for our second pick, I'm willing to bet my sig on it.

As for Tony Washington I'd much rather have Troup, Joseph, Tennant or Atkins.

BK

Comment

• 1. MLB Sean Weatherspoon - Not saying we're going to run it all the time, but the most important player in a cover 2 is arguably the middle linebacker. They need to be fast, quick and aggressive. Weatherspoon is just that. He was a productive player in college. He put up great numbers at the combine and showed off his athleticism. He's a leader. Sounds like our sollution at MLB.

2. RB Jahvid Best - Probably not a popular pick considering we have Jacobs and Bradshaw. But, both are coming off offseason surgeries. Bradshaw is quick, but he lacks top end speed. Best gives us that top end speed, like a Felix Jones or Chris Johnson. He will also be a good receiving back out of the backfield for Eli.

3. OC Matt Tennant - Ohara is our oldest offensive linemen. Tennant is a BC product, which is a school that has produced a long list of quality NFL starters, including our own Chris Snee.

4. DT Linval Joseph - Every great MLB needs a space eater in front on him, and Joseph is just that. 6'4" 330 pound guy. 39 reps, and actually moved well at the combine for a guy his size. 5.12 forty.

5. FS Myron Lewis - Tall, rangy safety. Coughlin mentioned earlier today that he hopes KP is ready for the season. Not training camp, the season. That's a bit worrisome to me. I don't want to see CC Brown of Michael Johnson starting ever again for the Giants.

That's how it's going to be. Don't ask questions.

Comment

• in regards to Jahvid Best, he probably will be gone, we can't afford to pick a RB that high anyway.

Also i would take anything with a grain of salt before we go and say anything more about KP's injury. My brother, my friend's mom, and a very good physical therapy center in new jersey (considered one of the best in the state) where my brother is going to inter all said that his injury shouldnt be that bad and he'll likely be able to play and that this arthritus is not career threatening.

Comment

• God I hope not, I'd love to add Joseph in the 4th but after adding someone like Price or Houston first.

BK

Comment

• DT isn't nearly big enough of a need to be spending two draft picks at that position.

Chris Canty - Missed training camp and dealt with two separate injuries
                              Barry Cofield - Was coming off offseason knee surgery
                              Rocky Bernard - Dealt with torn labrum all season
                              Fred Robbins - Was coming off offseason knee surgery
                              Jay Alford - placed on IR before the season started

We were banged up pretty bad at DT last season. We'll replace Robbins' big body with another big body. But the rest of the guys should be back healthy, and that in itself will improve our interior D-line play.

Not to mention Tuck, who usually provides a good interior passrush, but couldn't last year because of a bum shoulder.

Comment

• Canty's legit, if he stays healthy. Cofield is a JAG, a solid rotational guy but not much better. Bernard is done, washed up, a has been. Robbins is gone and Alford is coming off of the same knee injury that turned Osi into a mediocre player from one of the league's best so we can't depend on him. So basically we have Canty, whom I like, a mediocre backup in Barry Cofield and maybe Jay Alford. Tuck helps on passing downs but our run D is another concern. So we need a starter to pair with Canty as well as a big NT type guy for our rotation.

BK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information