No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, Im really starting to like McClain.

Im curious to see more of Eric Norwood. He intrigues me.

Comment

How long is Gresham's surgery keeping him out?

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!

Comment

Ok guys, I was wondering who you think the top three players the Giants have a legit shot at getting this season? Anyone want to share their thoughts?

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!

Comment

its impossible to say right now. the board will be completely different from now till draft day.

Right now im just scouting whatever individual players i can and forming opinions on em. i don't watch college football very much which is why my opinions of guys isn't exactly as accurate as it is with NFL players.

i feel like if i watched more college ball, id be pretty good at evaluating these guys. i just don't catch many games bc of my schedule.

Comment

One of the teams I have in the forum mock I'm doing is the Giants. I delt Manningham to the Rams for a 2nd (33) and a 4th (97). The Giants were projected to win the Superbowl so with picks 32 and 33 I took Arthur Jones and Arrelious Benn. I know S and MLB are more of a need than WR, but Benn was the highest rated prospect on my board by quite a few spots and I didn't have a S or ILB that I thought was worth it there (no McClain or Jones).

All of these guys won't make it to the end of round 2, but where would you rank them for the Giants?

Earl Thomas
            Darrel Stuckey
            Nate Allen
            Morgan Burnett
            Deunta Williams
            Sean Lee
            Daryl Washington
            Quan Sturdivant
            Chad Jones

Or anyone else to look out for?

Comment

i was at the Rutgers game today (obv) and got field level and there was a guy in a giants fleece and hat with papers everywhere observing George Johnson during warmups and writing a lot down. One can only assume he's a scout, checking out George Johnson, who had 2 sacks btw.
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                i was at the Rutgers game today (obv) and got field level and there was a guy in a giants fleece and hat with papers everywhere observing George Johnson during warmups and writing a lot down. One can only assume he's a scout, checking out George Johnson, who had 2 sacks btw.
                I was there also. I didn't see that guy though.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  I was there also. I didn't see that guy though.
                  where were you? you shoulda hit me up before hand!
                  and well it was well early on, like 40 minutes before the game started I think and he was literally 10 feet in front of me. He kept watching Johnson quite intently.
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                    where were you? you shoulda hit me up before hand!
                    and well it was well early on, like 40 minutes before the game started I think and he was literally 10 feet in front of me. He kept watching Johnson quite intently.
                    I didn't get in untill halftime. I then left before the 4th quarter started. Last, I have no idea how to hit you up haha.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      I didn't get in untill halftime. I then left before the 4th quarter started. Last, I have no idea how to hit you up haha.
                      I like to use carrier pigeons.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                      Originally posted by JBCX
                      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• With the way Jonathan Goff is laying wood, and after seeing his PS, I think right now Im gonna put DT as our biggest need.

We need a run stuffer inside. I know we signed Canty and Bernard, but remember, Alford is coming off an ACL, and both Robbins and Coffield both could be gone after this year.

I know some of that depends on the CBA, but its still a possibility that we could lose both, and quite honestly, I wouldn't mind if we lost Coffield. He's a very average NT.

I wouldn't mind some FA DTs either.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          With the way Jonathan Goff is laying wood, and after seeing his PS, I think right now Im gonna put DT as our biggest need.

We need a run stuffer inside. I know we signed Canty and Bernard, but remember, Alford is coming off an ACL, and both Robbins and Coffield both could be gone after this year.

I know some of that depends on the CBA, but its still a possibility that we could lose both, and quite honestly, I wouldn't mind if we lost Coffield. He's a very average NT.

I wouldn't mind some FA DTs either.
                          Strong Safety? I like Michael Johnson more than many giants fans, but he's god awful against the run and our SS needs to be able to play the run.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                          Originally posted by JBCX
                          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                            Strong Safety? I like Michael Johnson more than many giants fans, but he's god awful against the run and our SS needs to be able to play the run.
                            yeah definitely. but with this safety class, im thinking we can land a quality SS who fits our needs in round 2.

Honestly, its gonna come down to BPA by the time the draft arrives.

But a run clogging DT would help this team more than anything else right now. We could nab one in FA though.

Although Reese has shown that he doesn't like getting big DTs like Gabe Watson and Casey Hampton, both of whom will be FAs this year.

top 3 needs as of right now are

MIKE
                            run stuffing DT
                            run thumping SS

Basically, run defense. We need to shore up our run defense.

Comment

• I forgot to mention this, but Brandon Spikes looked studly against LSU.

He'd look good in Giant blue.

As much as I like Sintim, man it would be sweet if we got Malauaga instead. If only he fell just a little bit more... :(

Rey was the best blitzing MIKE ive seen in quite some time.

McClain and Spikes are the 2 best MIKEs in this draft. Another name that interests me is Eric Norwood.

I know he's not your traditional inside backer, he's more of a pass rushiing OLB, but I think he may have potential inside in our scheme. He's not fast enough to be a 4-3 OLB, and I don't think he's really a good 3-4 OLB either.

I think he'd make a solid 3-4 ILB or a blitzing MIKE in our scheme. Our MIKE really is just a run thumper who can blitz and chase backs out of the backfield. Play a soft zone once in awhile.

I think Eric Norwood has that potential.

Comment

• actually, no nvm.

Im way off. Eric Norwood is another Clint Sintim. We already have that.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information