No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2010 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It will come down to the best player available at each pick.

Seriously, we have good young depth at almost every position

It may depend on whether there is a new CBA; without it guys like Cofield, Dockery, Whimper, CC Brown, Wlkinson, Hixon and Moss are not free agents.

With the way Robbins is playing, he could be brought back if the price is right.
    Even if Robbins and Cofield leave, the cupboard is hardly bare with Canty, Alford and Bernard, but I get the feeling the Giants keep Cofield around at a reasonable price.

Yes we could use a DT and a S to develop to add into the rotation for the future; other than that we have capable young guys in the system, so we can cherry pick the best possible upgrades at a range of positions.

Two guys I am keeping an eye on for the Giants are S Nate Allen and DT Dan Williams; I think both could be good fits for the Giants system

Comment

• I do not want us to resign Coffield, unless its for cheap and as a backup player. He is not starting caliber imo, he's a very average player.

He's durable, but he's so average. A NT who can plug in the holes inside vs the run would do wonders for this defense. Whenever teams want to run inside on us over Center, its like our DTs part like the red sea. The NT has to do a better job of holding his anchor and clogging those run lanes.

Coffield even with all the attention our DEs get, doesn't do that. Hes a very average player.

Im hoping for the short term, Canty can replace him (when he finally gets healthy) but I think for our long term future, Canty is better at UT. So if we can find an anchor in the draft, I'm all for it.

I wouldn't resign Hixon unless its for cheap as a 4th WR, maybe not even then. He's only good for returning punts and kicks. I rather see Barden on the field honestly over him.

CC, Id be open to resigning him. Let's see how he does, so far he's doing better than I thought, but he hasn't really played anyone worth a damn yet either.

With Bruce Johnson showing potential, Id let Dockery walk unless the price is right. Id like to keep us 5 deep at CB if possible. Only for the right price though.

I think resigning Whimper is a must. The guy has potential as our future RT, and I think at the very least, he makes for a very solid backup swing tackle. Id like us to extend during the season to be honest.

Comment

• I repeat Vince Oghobaase bbd, he's a big strong kid who always gets the push and often is able to use his long arms and strength to get through and break plays up. Him and Canty with Alford and Bernard on the bench would be awesome. Although I'd also love to see us bring in a guy like Reshad Jones who is a versatile safety who can do a lot of things from that SS position.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
        Originally posted by JBCX
        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          I think resigning Whimper is a must. The guy has potential as our future RT, and I think at the very least, he makes for a very solid backup swing tackle. Id like us to extend during the season to be honest.
          Agreed on Whimper,

actually he came in at RG in the raiders game and did really well, in fact he was perhaps more powerfull than Snee

He is very athletic, so I expect he would do ok on pulls and traps

Whimper can play RT for sure, but I wonder if he could learn LG and push Seubert...

Comment

• Our offensive line is set down the road with one more young lineman. Starting next season I expect to see
            LT - Beatty
            LG - Diehl/Seubert
            OC - O'Hara/Seubert
            RG - Snee
            RT - Diehl/Whimper

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• If O'Dowd from USC comes out and he's available, I really want us to draft him, I like him way better than Alex Mack, who was getting hype as one of the best C prospects in last few years. O'Hara is good, but he's getting old and I have seen him get pushed around by bigger DTs like Haynesworth way too much for my liking.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• Im very open to us going after a Center. Id welcome that.

We can go in a number of directions this year.

Comment

• Alright, mock draft is over. I traded Manningham to the Rams for their second and 4th round picks and here's who I got:

32. Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois
                  33. Arthur Jones, DT, Syracuse
                  64. Earl Thomas, S, Texas
                  96. Daryl Washington, ILB, TCU
                  97. Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
                  128. Ryan Mallet, QB, Arkansas

Comment

• no! we're gonna sign Ryan Blaszczyk as an UDFA and keep the awesome streak of RU UDFA centers alive!
                    We ALL bleed scarlet
                    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I love me some Earl Thomas.

Longhorns Legend got me up on him (i think it was him, or Thule, or both), and I think he's going to be a very good player.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        I love me some Earl Thomas.

Longhorns Legend got me up on him (i think it was him, or Thule, or both), and I think he's going to be a very good player.
                        It was LL. We've been talking about him, but there are thoughts that he won't declare yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          It was LL. We've been talking about him, but there are thoughts that he won't declare yet.
                          That's the beauty of having all juniors and redshirt sophomores declaring. :)

Comment

• I want Myron Rolle. Always been a fan of his, but I think he could be a steal for us in the 3rd, hell maybe even the 2nd. I love his game and he's a smart kid obviously. If any coaching staff can get him on top of his game and back in shape physically, it's ours. I think if the BPA in the 1st isn't safety, it's a deep enough class we can grab one in the 2nd or 3rd and be perfectly fine
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                              I want Myron Rolle. Always been a fan of his, but I think he could be a steal for us in the 3rd, hell maybe even the 2nd. I love his game and he's a smart kid obviously. If any coaching staff can get him on top of his game and back in shape physically, it's ours. I think if the BPA in the 1st isn't safety, it's a deep enough class we can grab one in the 2nd or 3rd and be perfectly fine
                              I liike the kid as a man, but as a football player he's very mediocre and I'd be disappointed if we spent more than a 4th or 5th pick on him, and that's not considering he might not even pursue an NFL career.

BK

Comment

• I saw on a mock draft on another site, where the person had us taking Brian Price DT from UCLA. I saw him play against Oregon this week and I was pretty impressed. What do you guys think of this pick?

Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information