The Official 2009 NYK Draft Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Everyone hear that one guy, I'm forgetting his name at the moment, the 19 year old who went to Europe for a year instead of college, talking smack about Rubio?

He supposedly shut Rubio down the time they met. Also questioned his athleticism. Thoughts?

I still love me some Rubio. But I need to see more on him before I officially certify him, I haven't seen enough, and getting your hands on his games is tough.
    Thats Brandon Jennings who I actually prefer over Rubio.

Comment

Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
      Thats Brandon Jennings who I actually prefer over Rubio.
      any particular reasons why?

i haven't seen any of his games.

Comment

any particular reasons why?

i haven't seen any of his games.
        Ya there a lot of reasons why I prefer Jennings Over Rubio. Brandon Jennings is faster then Rubio I question how Rubio's game will translate considering his game seemed slow to me in the European style which is slower then the NBA game. I think Jennings handle is better and his ability to create shots for others with his speed and floor vision will translate better to the NBA better then Rubio's game will. Also think Jennings is a much better defender then Rubio

Comment

Jordan Hill is the guy.

Thoughts?

I don't mind the pick. We could use a big man who can block shots and rebound. Pair him up with a Stoudemire/Bosh in the front court and we'll be ok. He's more of a role player than a star. But I'm ok with that. The Knicks need talent in every position, so I'm not upset with it.

He's basically our version of Brook Lopez. I was upset we didn't grab Lopez last year, we get our own version a year later.

But we still DESPERATELY need a point. I doubt Ty Lawson falls to us.

Comment

As far as our next pick, last I heard is that we are very interested in Jack McClinton from Miami.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Can't we trade our pick + David Lee for a mid 1st? that way we can nab Ty Lawson.

Comment

Jordan Hill is the guy.

Thoughts?

I don't mind the pick. We could use a big man who can block shots and rebound. Pair him up with a Stoudemire/Bosh in the front court and we'll be ok. He's more of a role player than a star. But I'm ok with that. The Knicks need talent in every position, so I'm not upset with it.

He's basically our version of Brook Lopez. I was upset we didn't grab Lopez last year, we get our own version a year later.

But we still DESPERATELY need a point. I doubt Ty Lawson falls to us.
                Jrue Holiday is still on the board so is Eric Maynor, Jeff Teague, Patty Mills, Toney Douglas, and Jack Mcclinton so I am pretty sure the Knicks will come away with either 1 of those guys or as you mentioned lawson.

Comment

Can't we trade our pick + David Lee for a mid 1st? that way we can nab Ty Lawson.
                  you cant trade david lee or nate until july 1st cause they are rfa.

Comment

I became a big fan of Toney Douglas during the ACC Tournament so I would be happy with him. I agree with bigbluedefense about Ty Lawson. He is the next Jameer Nelson. I also love McClinton because he is a sharpshooter.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

whats the chances that 11 more teams pass on Ty Lawson?

:(

Comment

whats the chances that 11 more teams pass on Ty Lawson?

:(
                        its possible of course the t wolves are on the clock right now and again at #28 so you dont know they may draft all pg's

Comment

There goes the steal of the draft.

Although he'll rot behind Billups for onw.

Comment

Come on Donnie!

Get Rubio!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information