Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official 2009 NYK Draft Discussion Thread

GO KNICKS!

So who are we gonna draft? I know its a "reach", but I'm a big Ty Lawson fan. I hate Tabeit, I really hope we don't go after him or the Euro point guard everyone loves.

I wouldn't mind Stephon Curry, but his frame scares me. He's so small. But if we can get a guy like Stoudemire in FA, maybe even Lebron (im dreaming), a guy who can demand a double, we need to surround that kind of player with shooters.

As much as I loathe him, Galanari can be one of those 3 ball shooters, and Curry could be another.

I don't think Rubio or Thabeet will be ther at 8 so the Knicks would have to trade up to get them and I'm not sure how much firepower they really have. It is possible they use Lee or Robinson as trade bait but I'm not so sure a team would bite. As of right now I think Curry and Flynn are the 2 options with Lawson having an outside chance. I'm a UNC fan so I really like Lawson as well as he's gotten a ton better since his freshmen year and really steps it up when it matters. I'm not sure why he doesn't get as much hype.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      I don't think Rubio or Thabeet will be ther at 8 so the Knicks would have to trade up to get them and I'm not sure how much firepower they really have. It is possible they use Lee or Robinson as trade bait but I'm not so sure a team would bite. As of right now I think Curry and Flynn are the 2 options with Lawson having an outside chance. I'm a UNC fan so I really like Lawson as well as he's gotten a ton better since his freshmen year and really steps it up when it matters. I'm not sure why he doesn't get as much hype.
      I love Lawson. The only concern I have is his height. We won't have an answer to that until he gets measured. We already have Nate Robinson, so I don't know if we need another 5 9" point guard.

But if he can measure in at 6", Id love him. He has speed, good passing, he can hit a jumpshot, he can drive to the hoop, he can D up, I really have no complaints with him.

Im not sure how good of a point Curry can be. He's more of a shooting guard. We need a true point.

I wouldn't mind trading Nate Robinson while his stock is still relatively high.

Comment

Nate Robinson isn't really a PG at all. He's a me first player while Lawson looks to always pass but can shoot really well. I would trade Nate in a second but I still they are looking to deal Lee which sucks. Curry is a SG all the way and in D'Antoni's system he would have plent of socring opportunities. Curry needs to put the ball on the floor and drive a little better but overall he'd be a good fit.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I don't mind letting go of Lee. I love Lee, but he can't block shots, he can't score, all he could do is rebound.

He's Kurt Thomas.

And he'll demand decent money, and we need to save as much money as we can. I honestly wouldn't mind us cleaning house of everyone except Chandler. He's the only player I like on our team.

I personally hope DAntoni is gone too. I hate his brand of basketball. Curry will need someone to pick and roll with to be successful. If we can land Amare, him and Curry on pick and roll will be deadly.

If they defend Curry, pass it off to Stoudemire and let him drive to the hoop. If they pick up Stoudemire, Curry will hit that mid range all day.

My problem with Curry is I don't know if he can create his own shot. He'll need another guy to demand attention away from him.

Comment

Stoudemire wants to come here because of D'Antoni so it's either one or the other.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The two most likely scenarios are Curry at 8 or trading for Rubio.

We screwed up not trading Nate last year fresh off the slam dunk contest and while he was filling up stat sheets because we had no one else to score.

I loved Lee but his defense is just terrible. Sign and trade would be ideal, but we need a big and no one wants to trade good ones.

Francessa (who nailed the CC to the Yankees signing before last season even ended) seems to think Bosh will come to NY in 2010 and that will help lure Wade or LeBron as well. I just hope we don't end up with a 40-something year old Steve Nash.

I loved what I saw from Galo last year, especially defensively. We need to remember he's like 20 years old.
              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                The two most likely scenarios are Curry at 8 or trading for Rubio.

We screwed up not trading Nate last year fresh off the slam dunk contest and while he was filling up stat sheets because we had no one else to score.

I loved Lee but his defense is just terrible. Sign and trade would be ideal, but we need a big and no one wants to trade good ones.

Francessa (who nailed the CC to the Yankees signing before last season even ended) seems to think Bosh will come to NY in 2010 and that will help lure Wade or LeBron as well. I just hope we don't end up with a 40-something year old Steve Nash.

I loved what I saw from Galo last year, especially defensively. We need to remember he's like 20 years old.
                Not for nothing but every one knew CC was going where the money was and that the Yanks were going to throw a ton at him. The Knicks will be going after every big FA in 2010 but Amare has said he wants to play for D'Antoni again. I'd take Amare over Bosh.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Not for nothing but every one knew CC was going where the money was and that the Yanks were going to throw a ton at him. The Knicks will be going after every big FA in 2010 but Amare has said he wants to play for D'Antoni again. I'd take Amare over Bosh.
                  Not me. Amare is a headcase with injury problems. Bosh is under the radar because of where he plays but in reality hes one of the game's top bigs. He'll give you 20-10 without blinking and doesn't have the injury concerns and foul trouble you get with Amare. Plus he's a better shooter which fits the scheme.
                  "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I rather have Amare. My concern is injuries, but the man is a beast. Bosh is too frail and finesse. We need toughness. This is the Knicks. None of that ***** **** on our team.

Which is why I hate Galo so much.

With the Cavs proving that theyre an absolute joke outside of Lebron (Mo Williams is garbage), I think our chances of getting him are slightly higher now. More realistically, we'd just land Stoudemire, but hey, its a start.

Comment

Is it really possible they can sign both Wade and Lebron?
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

everything ive read said we can afford 2 max contracts.

would we want Lebron and Wade though? Id just want 1 of them and compliment em with Amare. Theres not enough basketballs on the court for both Lebron and Wade.

Im pretty sure Wade wont sign with the Knicks either.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          everything ive read said we can afford 2 max contracts.

would we want Lebron and Wade though? Id just want 1 of them and compliment em with Amare. Theres not enough basketballs on the court for both Lebron and Wade.

Im pretty sure Wade wont sign with the Knicks either.
                          I'm not really sure if he'd want to come to NY but I think both of them are pretty unselfish. I think they could work together because they'd want to make history. They aren't as selfish as Kobe.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I'm not really sure if he'd want to come to NY but I think both of them are pretty unselfish. I think they could work together because they'd want to make history. They aren't as selfish as Kobe.
                            Is Chris Paul's contract up in 2010 also?

Id walk on lava barefoot to get Chris Paul in a Knick uniform.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                              Is Chris Paul's contract up in 2010 also?

Id walk on lava barefoot to get Chris Paul in a Knick uniform.
                              On Rotoworld it says he's a FA in 2010/2011.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information