Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reggie Nelson's 4.35 40 Pro Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Wilson will have a better year because we're not gonna run so much Cover 2. But he does not have the speed to excell at FS. If anything, he should just add weight and get stronger for the SS position. He's simply too slow for FS.

    I'll be interested in seeing his production next year. It should improve. It will give us a better idea of what to do with Demps in 2009.

    But if someone offered a 2nd rounder for Wilson, I wouldn't hesitate to give him up.
    I would be a bit upset if we lost Wilson. We should have put first round compensation on him.

    Here's idea. Trade Wilson for Michael Turner. I know that Turner recieved much higher compensation, but I think SD was bluffing. They will have to dish out mad money to keep him as just a backup. SD was hoping that somebody would trade for him, but those teams have already found RBs. There were rumors about the Browns and Jets were interested in Turner, but they just got Jamal Lewis and Thomas Jones respectively. There is suddenly no market for RBs, and SD needs a safety. I think that Wilson for Turner straight up would be reasonable. Wilson is more proven than Turner despite the compensation difference. I think that the Dom Rhodes and TJ Duckett interest was created to light a fire under San Diego's ass.

    Comment


    • #17
      bigbluedefense- gibril is really the only good player in our secondary- better than demps. a combo of wilson at SS and nelson at FS would make an incredible, young duo.

      gibril will be a pro bowler under spags' new system!
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
        bigbluedefense- gibril is really the only good player in our secondary- better than demps. a combo of wilson at SS and nelson at FS would make an incredible, young duo.

        gibril will be a pro bowler under spags' new system!
        To be honest, he's been pretty average after his first 8 games as a rookie. I haven't seen anything out of him to lead me to believe that he will be anything more than a solid SS. He simply doesn't have the coverage skills to take his game to the next level. And like I said, in the box SS are dime a dozen. I just don't see whats so special about him.

        Ricky Bobby, Id do that trade. I think we'd make away with the better of it. I question whether the Giants would make anymore trades with SD though. And Im not sure if SD wants that trade with the depth at Safety in the draft this year.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
          I would be a bit upset if we lost Wilson. We should have put first round compensation on him.

          Here's idea. Trade Wilson for Michael Turner. I know that Turner recieved much higher compensation, but I think SD was bluffing. They will have to dish out mad money to keep him as just a backup. SD was hoping that somebody would trade for him, but those teams have already found RBs. There were rumors about the Browns and Jets were interested in Turner, but they just got Jamal Lewis and Thomas Jones respectively. There is suddenly no market for RBs, and SD needs a safety. I think that Wilson for Turner straight up would be reasonable. Wilson is more proven than Turner despite the compensation difference. I think that the Dom Rhodes and TJ Duckett interest was created to light a fire under San Diego's ass.

          The Chargers don't have to dish out "mad money" for Turner, little over $2 million.
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
            The Chargers don't have to dish out "mad money" for Turner, little over $2 million.
            If that is the case, He and his agent are going to want out. SD has two options; Trade him, or give him a Hefty contract.

            Comment


            • #21
              wilson avgs 7 tackles a game hes our best player in the secondary and hes a solid ss. i dunno i think nelson is too good to pass up if hes there. i think the best approach is to draft the best football player on the board not what your needs are.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                If that is the case, He and his agent are going to want out. SD has two options; Trade him, or give him a Hefty contract.
                They don't have to worry about that this year.
                Originally posted by Paul
                Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                  bigbluedefense- gibril is really the only good player in our secondary- better than demps. a combo of wilson at SS and nelson at FS would make an incredible, young duo.

                  gibril will be a pro bowler under spags' new system!
                  Gibril has a loooooong way to go before he is a pro bowler.
                  Originally posted by Paul
                  Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                  Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                  These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                  MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                    They don't have to worry about that this year.
                    In this day and age, if you want to be traded, you get traded. There is nothing worse than a player who doesn't want to play for you. They end up being a cancer in the locker room, holding out, and creating a lot of negative publicity around the team. Turner realizes his value right now. He nows that he is worth more than 2 million, and that he can be a starter somewhere else and get big money. He also realizes that he has only 5 or so years left before RBs start to slow down. He won't want to waste a single year playing for 2 million as a back up. He will want out (unless he doesn't like money), trust me.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                      In this day and age, if you want to be traded, you get traded. There is nothing worse than a player who doesn't want to play for you. They end up being a cancer in the locker room, holding out, and creating a lot of negative publicity around the team. Turner realizes his value right now. He nows that he is worth more than 2 million, and that he can be a starter somewhere else and get big money. He also realizes that he has only 5 or so years left before RBs start to slow down. He won't want to waste a single year playing for 2 million as a back up. He will want out (unless he doesn't like money), trust me.

                      And where exactly are you pulling this from? Not a word has come out of Turner or his agent regarding his situation and if they were going to create a fuss, they would not have waited this long.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        number 10, his numbers were pretty good this year. i am biased because he is one of my favorite giants. he will get an extension passed this year, and no1 will take him(if so we will match). nelson and landry will be great players, but i feel we still go CB or LB round 1, combo for those 2 postitions rounds 1and2
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                          And where exactly are you pulling this from? Not a word has come out of Turner or his agent regarding his situation and if they were going to create a fuss, they would not have waited this long.
                          To be quite honest, i'm pulling it out of my logical a$$. Free Agency is not over that is why you haven't heard anything from his agent or him. They would be stupid to make the slightest peep about it right now. I'm sure San Diego has told them that they will move him. Once FA is over and Turner is still on the Chargers, you'll hear a grumbling or two.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                            To be quite honest, i'm pulling it out of my logical a$$. Free Agency is not over that is why you haven't heard anything from his agent or him. They would be stupid to make the slightest peep about it right now. I'm sure San Diego has told them that they will move him. Once FA is over and Turner is still on the Chargers, you'll hear a grumbling or two.
                            They would be "grumbling" as you put it, right now. The vacnancies are closing by the day and with every RB move that occurs, his chances are getting smaller and smaller.

                            Until I actually hear anything out of him, I assume he is fine with the role he is on knowing that he'll make back next year.
                            Originally posted by Paul
                            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                              They would be "grumbling" as you put it, right now. The vacnancies are closing by the day and with every RB move that occurs, his chances are getting smaller and smaller.

                              Until I actually hear anything out of him, I assume he is fine with the role he is on knowing that he'll make back next year.
                              Fair enough.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                To be honest, I love Gibril, but if we could get a second round pick for him, I would also be very happy. If we could get Nelson in the first round, then draft an outside linebacker and cornerback in the second we'll have made a great foundation for our defense. I'm happy if we keep him or trade him.

                                I'm weary of Nelson. It doesn't matter if he ran a 4.35 in snow to be honest. It's one of those things that will be overblown like when Kyle Boller through the ball 50 yards on one knee at the Combine. It boosted him to a point where he shouldn't have been in my opinion.

                                Still a great playmaker, and if we get another second round pick from Gibril and he's available, I say we grab him. If not, take an outside linebacker.
                                (shameless self-promotion)
                                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information