Reggie Nelson's 4.35 40 Pro Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first post.

Count me in with the guys that would take a safety in the first. Safety play for the Giants this season was pretty poor. I admit corner play wasn't much better.

However, at least with better safeties and an improved pass rush (let's hope the new scheme works) you can use bracket coverages to improve CB play.

Comment

Originally posted by Da KO King View Post
      My first post.

Count me in with the guys that would take a safety in the first. Safety play for the Giants this season was pretty poor. I admit corner play wasn't much better.

However, at least with better safeties and an improved pass rush (let's hope the new scheme works) you can use bracket coverages to improve CB play.
      Welcome to the board. Thank you, you understand the Xs and Os of the scheme. We can mask deficiencies at CB, but its much harder to do with safeties, unless you have a killer CB duo, something we do not have.

Toonster is really good at evaluating talent, and this is what he said about Nelson:

Originally posted by toonsterwu
      Agree. I like Landry a lot, but Nelson has more "dynamism", if that's the right word for it, and has immense upside. Landry will likely be solid and steady for many years.
      And I agree with it. Landry is the better "prospect" and safer pick, but Nelson has more dynamism if you will. I really like the kid's potential.

Unfortunately, I highly doubt we get him anymore. With Jacksonville losing Deion Grant, its almost a foregone conclusion that theyre gonna get a safety in the draft. The only hope we have is if Landry falls to Jacksonville, that would require ATL to pass him up, and thats asking alot. The only way I see them doing that is if they move Jimmy Williams to FS.

*crosses fingers*

Comment

lets be honest though were not going to sign edwards.. i rather have him too. edit: oops wrong topic

Comment

I was one to say we need a safety a couple months ago, but now i feel the holes we have at Linebacker and are need at corner is more important than grabbing a safety even though Nelson is a better ballhawk than Demps or Gibril.

Im a bigger Gibril fan than most, and feel we underrate him compared to who else we have back there, and even Pasquarelli feels he is worth a second round pick for a team looking for a safety. Now if someone want to give us a 2nd i said i wouldnt match it, but Gibril makes plays, he is always around the ball and although he is not great in coverage we could do worse. I just feel like a Demps/Gibril combo is a capable safety tandem and we need to take care of other positions before we look at safety. If Gibril leaves then I have no problem with it.
          Orlovsky, Fincher - UConn football '05 Draft
          Deon Anderson, FB - 6th Round 195th overall 07' Draft - Cowboys
          2008 UConn draft picks - Tyvon Branch CB - 4th Round 100th overall - Raiders and Donald Thomas G - 6th round 195 overall - Dolphins
          2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
          2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue58KiperIII View Post
            I was one to say we need a safety a couple months ago, but now i feel the holes we have at Linebacker and are need at corner is more important than grabbing a safety even though Nelson is a better ballhawk than Demps or Gibril...
            I agree the holes at LB and CB need filling quickly. With that said, there just aren't really any CB's or LB's that will likely be available at 20 unless the Giants "reach" on a guy and take him earlier than projected.

Comment

Originally posted by Da KO King View Post
              I agree the holes at LB and CB need filling quickly. With that said, there just aren't really any CB's or LB's that will likely be available at 20 unless the Giants "reach" on a guy and take him earlier than projected.
              i strongly disagree with that statement- i think chris houston, darelle revis, lawrence timmons, paul poz would not be reaches @ 20 and would b perfectly acceptable to take there

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

bigbluekiper- itotally agree with gibril. one of my favorites(actually talked to him on the phone today!!!!) i think he is one of the few good players in the secondary, he and nelson would be nice, but gibril and demps with speedy, better CBs would be very nice. i feel spags likes gibril and wants him around and gibril would fit nicely in his system. i feel we shouldnt pass up revis if he falls, houston is good as well

my bold prediction- gibril wilson will be a pro bowler under spags this year!!
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information