No announcement yet.

Running Back issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even with Droughns, I think we need a scat back.

Comment

i guarantee jacobs is going to stun people next year i predict 1350 13 td.

Comment

actually maybe 1250 lol

Comment

I love Jacobs, as if the bright and blinded sig I made did not indicate such. I believe he'll be an excellent player, and once he has some more practice at being a starter, he might very well be one of the top five running backs in the league in a few years. That's just my personal opinion though. I also like his attitude. He has some fire in him..kind of the opposite of Tiki.
          (shameless self-promotion)
          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
            Even with Droughns, I think we need a scat back.
            with droughns we dont need to address HB day 1- i would still strongly consider a guy like brandon jackson in round 4 or 5 tho we still need a fast, shifty back and im pretty sure he ran an impressive 40

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by hugegmenfan View Post
              with droughns we dont need to address HB day 1- i would still strongly consider a guy like brandon jackson in round 4 or 5 tho we still need a fast, shifty back and im pretty sure he ran an impressive 40
              Oh yes we do. Droghns is 28, averaged less than 4 yards per carry last year. He is not a breakaway back and is not very elusive. He is not a change of pace from Jacobs.

I never saw such excitement from a trade of one teams garbage for another teams garbage.

Comment

How could u compare Droughns, w has rushed for over 1000 twice to Tim Carter? Droughns isnt the Giants savior but if u think this is trash for trash you're wrong. Drougns has done something in this league, Carter has sucked the big one. Carter made me want to kill myself everytime i watched him, he sucked so much. No Droughns doesnt have blazing speed but he is a good receiver out of the backfield and allows BJ to pace himself into the starting role. EACant draft are u even a Giants fan because, this is a good football move and i dont know how u could say this is crap for someone elses crap when he was their starter the last 2 years. If they didnt just sign Lewis he would still be their #1 back, until they drafted Peterson.
                Orlovsky, Fincher - UConn football '05 Draft
                Deon Anderson, FB - 6th Round 195th overall 07' Draft - Cowboys
                2008 UConn draft picks - Tyvon Branch CB - 4th Round 100th overall - Raiders and Donald Thomas G - 6th round 195 overall - Dolphins
                2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
                2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title

Comment

Ok, if he wasn't going to be their starter next year than that means that he wasn't that great, he had two good seasons and now he is plummeting, he has eight seasons on his belt, plays like Brandon Jacobs, and he has a criminal record. Tim Carter wasn't good, but he helped us when Toomer was out and Moss was out, we are losing some of our key players, I predict the giants go 5-11. Its a rebuilding season.
                  Droughns is a little bit better than Carter

Sig thanks to the amazing jackalope

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher28 View Post
                    Ok, if he wasn't going to be their starter next year than that means that he wasn't that great, he had two good seasons and now he is plummeting, he has eight seasons on his belt, plays like Brandon Jacobs, and he has a criminal record. Tim Carter wasn't good, but he helped us when Toomer was out and Moss was out, we are losing some of our key players, I predict the giants go 5-11. Its a rebuilding season.
                    Droughns is a little bit better than Carter
                    I dont think u could b more wrong- carter actually did not help us when toomer was out- he failed to help us. he dropped way too many balls and could not get open. I would hardly call carter a 'key player' hes very expendable and droughns is much better than carter- he will have a bigger impact on the team and id actually say he is a better reciever than carter is also
                    I predict a 7-9, 8-8 season...we have an easier schedule than last year
                    also he wasnt going to b their starter because they signed lewis and he was due a 2 million dollar roster bonus next week which they didnt want to pay, if not they would have kept him to team up with lewis
                    he has a criminal record?

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

got arrested for assault and drunk driving, two different insidents, there might be one more

Sig thanks to the amazing jackalope

Comment

Difference between Carter + Droughns
                        Carter was supposed to be a #1 or #2, hes at best a 4. Huge Bust. 22 catches in a season where he was the #2 wr for half the year.
                        Droughns should be a backup rb/ mentor to Jacobs, Hes a proven commodity. He did poorly last season in Cleveland, but who exactly has excelled there? So as much as he was a product of the system in Denver, he was the same in Cleveland.
                        As for the mileage on him, less then 1000 carries in 8 years. Thats alot less the OJ Anderson had when we picked him up. All Giants need Droughns to do is spell Jacobs and get some yds, and help Jacobs pick up what he doesnt get yet. Not carry the team. Carter was a 2nd rd pick. He was supposed to be a vital part of the offense, at least a 50-60 catch guy. If he turned out to be what Accorsi thought, we might not needed to sign Plaxico.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information