No announcement yet.

2007 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true forenci, i dont knowmuch about how, but he played fairly well at michiganand i feel using a 2nd day pick on him wouldnt be too bad(depending how the rest of the draft went of course)
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

so has anyone heard whats up with or LT position? are we draftingsomeone or sliding diehl or did we pick up someone in FA i missed? if we do draft i dont think anyone worth anything will be available at our pick in the 1st. tell me wats up bbd.

Hitman D

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post
        I feel we will add a WR in the first 2 rounds now, I'm not a big fan of it, but Gilbride's past shows he uses a lot of spread looks.
        a wr in the 1st 2 rounds...

Comment

Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
          a wr in the 1st 2 rounds...
          Get that idiotic smirk off your face. A WR is round 1 or 2 is very much possible, and i'm all for it. In case you haven't realized, we have only 3WRs. Two of the WRs are 30 or above, and the other one hasn't proved anything in his one year of NFL experience. I've been chirping this for months, but I guess you haven't been around all that long. We need a WR in round 1 or 2.

Reese isn't making predicting the draft any easier for us. He hasn't made any FA signing and predicting who he will take in the draft is a crap shoot. I'm going to list the Giant's many needs by tiers

Tier one:
          - Outside Linebacker, WLB preferably
          - Corner back - We didn't get any help in FA with Hood off the market
          - Wide Reciever - Read above

Tier two:
          - Tight End - Shank is gone (almost forgot)
          - Running Back - Droughns is OK, but we need a speedster
          - Offensive Guard - Not sure about Suebert at LG
          - Defensive tackle - Need one more in the rotation, unless Ian Scott is signed

Tier three:
          - Safety - Demps, Wilson, Butler and one more late round rookie
          - Offensive Tackle - One more is needed for depth
          - Kicker - Compete with Huston
          - Full back - We were interested in Mughelli, which means Finn is on the hot seat. Maybe Droughns can be our FB?

If we hope to fill these needs, we would need to trade down in the draft and pick up as many picks as possible. Reese is looking to build a team with depth, youth, and speed. I don't agree with Number 10's idea of trading our 2nd and 3rd round picks to get an extra 1st round pick. Two players will not put us over the top. We are in a rebuilding mode (whether you want to admit it or not) and we need as many picks as possible to rebuild our roster.
          Last edited by ricky bobby; 03-11-2007, 12:04 PM.

Comment

only 3 wrs? plax, toomer, moss, jennings, tyree. thats 5. lets just neglect our DFence which has holes at lb and db.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
              Get that idiotic smirk off your face. A WR is round 1 or 2 is very much possible, and i'm all for it. In case you haven't realized, we have only 3WRs. Two of the WRs are 30 or above, and the other one hasn't proved anything in his one year of NFL experience. I've been chirping this for months, but I guess you haven't been around all that long. We need a WR in round 1 or 2.

Reese isn't making predicting the draft any easier for us. He hasn't made any FA signing and predicting who he will take in the draft is a crap shoot. I'm going to list the Giant's many needs by tiers

Tier one:
              - Outside Linebacker, WLB preferably
              - Corner back - We didn't get any help in FA with Hood off the market
              - Wide Reciever - Read above

Tier two:
              - Running Back - Droughns is OK, but we need a speedster
              - Offensive Guard - Not sure about Suebert at LG
              - Defensive tackle - Need one more in the rotation, unless Ian Scott is signed

Tier three:
              - Safety - Demps, Wilson, Butler and one more late round rookie
              - Offensive Tackle - One more is needed for depth
              - Kicker - Compete with Huston
              - Full back - We were interested in Mughelli, which means Finn is on the hot seat. Maybe Droughns can be our FB?

If we hope to fill these needs, we would need to trade down in the draft and pick up as many picks as possible. Reese is looking to build a team with depth, youth, and speed. I don't agree with Number 10's idea of trading our 2nd and 3rd round picks to get an extra 1st round pick. Two players will not put us over the top. We are in a rebuilding mode (whether you want to admit it or not) and we need as many picks as possible to rebuild our roster.

I agree with you that CB and OLB are in tier one but WR is not- thats tier 2- ya gotta say OG/OT is the 3rd among tier 1
              WR/HB/DT is tier 2
              I would say K, S, and backup TE/FB is 3rd tier
              I am also against that Number 10- we need as many picks as possible and wit timmons dropping stock i think we should trade down like 5-6 spots, still get him and pick up an xtra 3rd rounder or something- or move up in the 2nd round liek last year

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

only 3 wrs? plax, toomer, moss, jennings, tyree. thats 5. lets just neglect our DFence which has holes at lb and db.
                So tell me what happened last year when Toomer went down. We completely lost our passing game. Jennings, Tyree or Carter did not step up. Moss was injured, so i'll give him a pass this time. Tyree is a special teamer nothing more, Jennings will not make our roster next year, Carter is already gone. I'm not saying ignore our holes on defense. If you read the rest of the post, you'd see that I have WR, OLB, and CB at the same level of need.

Comment

So tell me what happened last year when Toomer went down. We completely lost our passing game. Jennings, Tyree or Carter did not step up. Moss was injured, so i'll give him a pass this time. Tyree is a special teamer nothing more, Jennings will not make our roster next year, Carter is already gone. I'm not saying ignore our holes on defense. If you read the rest of the post, you'd see that I have WR, OLB, and CB at the same level of need.
                  lets draft a wr just because 2 of them were hurt last year thats just stupid. if a good wr falls in the second round id be fine with it. be realistic we have shockey plax toomer and moss. we dont need a wr in the first 2 rounds. we have too many other holes.

Comment

We shouldnt depend on Toomer fellas, who knows how he is going to come back from an ACL injury and he is getting up there in age to begin with. Tyree has a good rapport with Eli and i think he is a decent 4th WR. However i have said for a while that i think we need a WR on Day 1 if a good enough one falls to us. For me the top 3 positions we need to fill in the draft on the first day, barring any great players dropping are LB, CB, and WR in that order but we will see come draft day. However there is a cahnce one of the very good WR drop to us in the 2nd in which case we should take one, there are alot of good ones out there this year that can be solid #2-1A recievers in this league
                    Orlovsky, Fincher - UConn football '05 Draft
                    Deon Anderson, FB - 6th Round 195th overall 07' Draft - Cowboys
                    2008 UConn draft picks - Tyvon Branch CB - 4th Round 100th overall - Raiders and Donald Thomas G - 6th round 195 overall - Dolphins
                    2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
                    2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue58KiperIII View Post
                      We shouldnt depend on Toomer fellas, who knows how he is going to come back from an ACL injury and he is getting up there in age to begin with. Tyree has a good rapport with Eli and i think he is a decent 4th WR. However i have said for a while that i think we need a WR on Day 1 if a good enough one falls to us. For me the top 3 positions we need to fill in the draft on the first day, barring any great players dropping are LB, CB, and WR in that order but we will see come draft day. However there is a cahnce one of the very good WR drop to us in the 2nd in which case we should take one, there are alot of good ones out there this year that can be solid #2-1A recievers in this league
                      i disagree i think we need o-line depth b4 we take a wr or eli isnt going to have enough time to throw to anyone.

Comment

lets draft a wr just because 2 of them were hurt last year thats just stupid. if a good wr falls in the second round id be fine with it. be realistic we have shockey plax toomer and moss. we dont need a wr in the first 2 rounds. we have too many other holes.
                        I know you're like 13 years old, so i'm going to make this simple for you.

Plaxico Burress - Solid #1, but already 30 years old. Doesn't always run great routes, not overly reliable.

Amani Toomer - 33 years old and coming off a bad injury. We can't count on him anymore. If he gets injured agian and we don't have a solid backup, we will lose our passing game completely because teams will double Burress, Shockey.

Sinorice Moss - Injured his rookie season, but i'm sure he'll step up and be a great slot WR. Not #2 material quite yet.

David Tyree - Couldn't step up as our #2 last year, there is no reason we should think he'll miraculously do it this year. Specail teamer, nothing more.

Jennings - Saw absolutely no time last year, he's 28 years old, hasn't done anything in his entire career. He's not making our final roster.

I'm sure even you can follow that simple logic. We need a reliable WR that can do the little things and go over the middle. I propose
                        1. Meachem 1st
                        2. Bowe - trade down in first
                        3. Jarrett - trade down in first
                        4. Gonzalez - 2nd
                        5. Craig Davis - 2nd
                        6. Laurent Robinson - 3rd
                        7. Steve Smith - 3rd
                        8. Mike Walker - 4rth

Comment

I know you're like 13 years old, so i'm going to make this simple for you.

Plaxico Burress - Solid #1, but already 30 years old. Doesn't always run great routes, not overly reliable.

Amani Toomer - 33 years old and coming off a bad injury. We can't count on him anymore. If he gets injured agian and we don't have a solid backup, we will lose our passing game completely because teams will double Burress, Shockey.

Sinorice Moss - Injured his rookie season, but i'm sure he'll step up and be a great slot WR. Not #2 material quite yet.

David Tyree - Couldn't step up as our #2 last year, there is no reason we should think he'll miraculously do it this year. Specail teamer, nothing more.

Jennings - Saw absolutely no time last year, he's 28 years old, hasn't done anything in his entire career. He's not making our final roster.

I'm sure even you can follow that simple logic. We need a reliable WR that can do the little things and go over the middle. I propose
                          1. Meachem 1st
                          2. Bowe - trade down in first
                          3. Jarrett - trade down in first
                          4. Gonzalez - 2nd
                          5. Craig Davis - 2nd
                          6. Laurent Robinson - 3rd
                          7. Steve Smith - 3rd
                          8. Mike Walker - 4rth
                          actually im 24 and i played 4 years at the university of notre dame. we are not drafting a wr in the first round get that through your head. not unless cal johnson drops and pigs fly.

Comment

I like Steve Smith in the third, he's a possession WR with some speed

Sig thanks to the amazing jackalope

Comment

I Imagine that we are gonna draft a WR in round 2 if we don't sign someone. I would imagine that one of the elite WRs (Meachem, Jarrett, Bowe, Gonzalez, Ginn Jr., Hill, or Rice) is gonna fall down to our pick in the second round. Theres about 9 first round quality WRs in this draft, so they are gonna fall a bit.

You can tell that management thinks WR is a big need. One of the only guys who has interviewed with us is Kevin Curtis, a pretty big name/good WR.

Comment

Wide Receiver is NOT an option in the first round. I wouldn't consider it an option in the second either, but I can live with it. I mean, think about it, what cost us so many games last year? It was poor defense and lapses in our offensive line which led to pressure on Eli. Sure Tim Carter cost us a game or two, but I don't need to remind you that he is gone. I'd much rather wait until the 6th or 7th round and pick up Steve Breaston of Michigan. I think he was extremely underated at Michigan and will help on special teams.

If Gilbride is even somewhat intelligent he will put Shockey in the slot if we need a good extra wide out. Our defense should at the very least consume the first two picks, and my hope is in the third we'll grab an offensive linemen. Hopefully at Tackle.
                                (shameless self-promotion)
                                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information