No announcement yet.

2007 Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't need breaston for michigan because that's what mos takes care of. Speed wide out and a special teamer. Also we need to adress two major needs for our team. First if Levi Brown did drop to the #20 which is very very unlikely it would be absolutely insane not to take him after our left tackle luke petigout is in tampa. Next poz or timmons would have to be our second option in the first round. Lavaar is gone and now we need that dominant olb and poz will defintiely be available. I would love to see us get a great left tackle in this draft or eli will not get a lot of passes off and that will just fuse up everyone. So left tackle is clearly our by far biggest need but poz looks like he will be on our team next year

Comment

Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
      actually im 24 and i played 4 years at the university of notre dame. we are not drafting a wr in the first round get that through your head. not unless cal johnson drops and pigs fly.
      Did you read my post? You must be extremely ignorant not to see that WR is a need.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
        Did you read my post? You must be extremely ignorant not to see that WR is a need.
        So tell me what happened last year when Toomer went down. We completely lost our passing game. Jennings, Tyree or Carter did not step up. Moss was injured, so i'll give him a pass this time. Tyree is a special teamer nothing more, Jennings will not make our roster next year, Carter is already gone. I'm not saying ignore our holes on defense. If you read the rest of the post, you'd see that I have WR, OLB, and CB at the same level of need.
        i read you post, i think your the ignorant one claiming wr, olb and cb are at the same level of need.

actually im 24 and i played 4 years at the university of notre dame. we are not drafting a wr in the first round get that through your head. not unless cal johnson drops and pigs fly.
        read my post next time.

Comment

i agree WR is a need- not a 1st round need, its more of a 4th-5th round pick need imo. IF we trade down in the 1st which i hope we do and are still able to pick up like timmons 1st and gain 1 more 1st day pick i would do it but the fact of the matter is WR does not supercede OLB, CB, OT/G- these are more important positions that we need to get more depth at and just simply better at.

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

for wide receiver we can look like for a 3rd or fourth round pick, and same for corner. I like josh wilson for us in the later rounds though. He is a major runstopper and has very good speed. He would fit our need at the corner

Comment

ANTHONY MIX!!!! give him a shot, who know what could happen. WR shouldnt be drafted in the 1st 2 rounds. CB is our biggest neesd, with LB following. now say we sign june, MAYBE we pick up a WR who slips possbily a guy like bowe, rice, meachem etc. wr like smith in round 3 would be ok.
              We ALL bleed scarlet
              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                ANTHONY MIX!!!! give him a shot, who know what could happen. WR shouldnt be drafted in the 1st 2 rounds. CB is our biggest neesd, with LB following. now say we sign june, MAYBE we pick up a WR who slips possbily a guy like bowe, rice, meachem etc. wr like smith in round 3 would be ok.
                agreed, i think if we sign june and those guys fall to us in the 2nd we should draft them perhaps. only if there isnt any defensive talent with equal value. like merriweather.

Comment

Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
                  LMFAO!!

You're 24 and went to Notre Dame for four years? Are you kidding me. Notre Dame has very high academic standards, and you've proven that you have a room temperature IQ. You are dumber than a rock. Your grammer and punctuation are horrible, and you can't put up an argument if your life depended on it. I gave my reasons for why we should look into taking a WR on day one. All you can do is post that rubbish above? I've had better debates with my 10 year old cousin. Do us all a favor and become a Cowboys fan.

Comment

LMFAO!!

You're 24 and went to Notre Dame for four years? Are you kidding me. Notre Dame has very high academic standards, and you've proven that you have a room temperature IQ. You are dumber than a rock. Your grammer and punctuation are horrible, and you can't put up an argument if your life depended on it. I gave my reasons for why we should look into taking a WR on day one. All you can do is post that rubbish above? I've had better debates with my 10 year old cousin. Do us all a favor and become a Cowboys fan.
                    Last edited by hugepunch; 03-14-2007, 10:20 AM.

Comment

WR in the first round? Nope.

Day one? Wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

Get that idiotic smirk off your face. A WR is round 1 or 2 is very much possible, and i'm all for it.
                        your seriously an idiot this is what you said. not day 1.

Comment

we don't need a wide receiver in the first round!!!! at the start of draft season yes, that was our main choice at wide receiver but aarington and petigout are not on the giants anymore. We can't mess up in this draft or it will be long seasons to come, and wide receiver will be a main screw up if we choose one in the first round. I know Amani is old but he's not useless. he can still make a play and it's not until next year that we draft a WR in the first round. I think that for the first we would definitely have to get Levi Brown if he falls on our lap or Poz or Timmons. I would rather have a franchise left tackle than a mediocre wideout. Plus the 3 major wide receivers will probably not be around by the 20th pick. C. Johnson, D. Jarrett or T. Ginn Jr. I wouldn't put faith in Bowe or Rice at the 20th but we could trade down but still, defensive threat or left tackle. So Ricky Bobby, would you rather take a Dwayne Bowe or a Levi Brown?

Comment

Let's be honest...if Calvin Johnson fell to the Giants, which is impossible, everyone would want him. Only WR I think I'd take in the first.

Comment

definitely but that will never happen i dont even think that we would take jarrett or ginn if they fell to the 20.

Comment

Get that idiotic smirk off your face. A WR is round 1 or 2 is very much possible and i'm all for it.
                                Key word there is possible. If you look at my latest mock draft, you will see that I in fact have us taking a WR in round 4. If this class was weaker, i'd have us taking a WR in round 1 or 2.

Originally posted by grizmoandchodey View Post
                                we don't need a wide receiver in the first round!!!! at the start of draft season yes, that was our main choice at wide receiver but aarington and petigout are not on the giants anymore. We can't mess up in this draft or it will be long seasons to come, and wide receiver will be a main screw up if we choose one in the first round. I know Amani is old but he's not useless. he can still make a play and it's not until next year that we draft a WR in the first round. I think that for the first we would definitely have to get Levi Brown if he falls on our lap or Poz or Timmons. I would rather have a franchise left tackle than a mediocre wideout. Plus the 3 major wide receivers will probably not be around by the 20th pick. C. Johnson, D. Jarrett or T. Ginn Jr. I wouldn't put faith in Bowe or Rice at the 20th but we could trade down but still, defensive threat or left tackle. So Ricky Bobby, would you rather take a Dwayne Bowe or a Levi Brown?
                                If I had to choose Dwayne Bowe or Levi Brown, I'd take Bowe in a second. One guy you forgot to mention is Robert Meachem. He is the second best WR in this draft IMO, and if he falls to us, i'd take him.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information