Browns trade RB Reuben Droughns to NY Giants for WR Tim Carter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    You want to worship a guy because he traded for a runningback that would struggle to make most NFL rosters? Cleveland didn't want him. Think about that.
    You don't know how badly we wanted Carter to get cut a year ago.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      How does this affect your draft plans? Does that move RB a day 1 need to a day 2 need? If so, I think this was a bad move for you guys.
      why? now we can draft d# in round 2 jacobs is going to be fine as our rb. so id say rb will be a day 2 need.

Comment

You want to worship a guy because he traded for a runningback that would struggle to make most NFL rosters? Cleveland didn't want him. Think about that.

Where is someone worshipping Droughns?

We got rid of a WR that may have been cut himself and we got a good backup that is not overpaid. We are a better football team now than we were this morning....thats all there is to it. Not by a big margin, but this was a decent move and by no means was this a wrong move.
        Originally posted by Paul
        Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
        Originally posted by Vikes99ej
        These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
        MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
          Where is someone worshipping Droughns?
          Said ugly sig guy:
          If this is true, which it may very well be, I think anyone who doubted Reese should drop down and begin the worshipping.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
            why? now we can draft d# in round 2 jacobs is going to be fine as our rb. so id say rb will be a day 2 need.
            I'm lost. What is d#?

Comment

its a fence haha

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                I'm lost. What is d#?

defense aka D Fence

-sig by jkpigskin

Comment

Very good trade from our perspective. I have been yelling about Carter forever so to be able to deal him for a back that was a starter last year, who will be a nice complement to BJ is great. He is a capabe, experiened back and the most important thing is that we didnt have to give up any picks for him and were able to get rid of a WR who got way too many chances on our team IMO. This now gives Moss and other WR a greater chance to establish themselves and most likely means we will add another wideout in the draft. There is no negative in this move for the Giants
                  Orlovsky, Fincher - UConn football '05 Draft
                  Deon Anderson, FB - 6th Round 195th overall 07' Draft - Cowboys
                  2008 UConn draft picks - Tyvon Branch CB - 4th Round 100th overall - Raiders and Donald Thomas G - 6th round 195 overall - Dolphins
                  2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
                  2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                    You don't know how badly we wanted Carter to get cut a year ago.
                    Exactly. I meant it as more of a, "Reese, thank you getting rid of Tim Carter and actually getting someone who helps our team out a bit." as opposed to, "Great job getting a running back who hasn't done that much for an amazing player!".
                    (shameless self-promotion)
                    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

This is a trade of "I will take your garbage if you take mine."

The Giants come out slightly ahead. Not by much. Rueben Drones is not a breakway back and most likely will average less than 4.0 per carry. He is better than Tim Carter, but Tim Lewis could have played better than Tim Carter.

Comment

Thank you. Don't get excited about this guys. We traded crap for crap. Its just resorted and packaged with a new label. But its still crap. We still need a day 2 RB.

We still come out slightly ahead considering Carter wouldve probably gotten cut. But by no means does this fill a "need". It was beneficial, but we still need a day 2 RB.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Thank you. Don't get excited about this guys. We traded crap for crap. Its just resorted and packaged with a new label. But its still crap. We still need a day 2 RB.

We still come out slightly ahead considering Carter wouldve probably gotten cut. But by no means does this fill a "need". It was beneficial, but we still need a day 2 RB.
                          I disagree and agree.. I think it's a great move on Reese's part.. Cost efficient move, and we keep all our picks. And considering their, the browns situation, I think RD will do better for us... Their team sucks, their oline sucks, lost Bentley, and Fry is a young qb. Now that play 3 top teams in Pittsburgh, Ravens, and Bengals that can do well against the Browns, more often than naught.

Good move, and factor in versatility, for once RD played on special teams, returning kickoffs, and played FB as well at one point. So sticking with Reese's love for versatility, I think this is a great move in terms of a good fit for us.

I also believe a 2nd day pick can be good, though now I'd wait and see if anyone of the undrafted FAs can make an impact and leave that "rb pick" for a wr or defensive player.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
                            I disagree and agree.. I think it's a great move on Reese's part.. Cost efficient move, and we keep all our picks. And considering their, the browns situation, I think RD will do better for us... Their team sucks, their oline sucks, lost Bentley, and Fry is a young qb. Now that play 3 top teams in Pittsburgh, Ravens, and Bengals that can do well against the Browns, more often than naught.

Good move, and factor in versatility, for once RD played on special teams, returning kickoffs, and played FB as well at one point. So sticking with Reese's love for versatility, I think this is a great move in terms of a good fit for us.

I also believe a 2nd day pick can be good, though now I'd wait and see if anyone of the undrafted FAs can make an impact and leave that "rb pick" for a wr or defensive player.
                            It has potential to work great, but I wouldn't put all our eggs in this one basket.

Remember, he got some miles on him, and he's only getting older. He's not really a threat in the pass game either.

If he pans out, great, Im all for it. But we still need a day 2 RB (insert Darius Walker). This should not be a valid reason to not address RB in the draft. I hope Reese isn't thinking that way.

Comment

It has potential to work great, but I wouldn't put all our eggs in this one basket.

Remember, he got some miles on him, and he's only getting older. He's not really a threat in the pass game either.

If he pans out, great, Im all for it. But we still need a day 2 RB (insert Darius Walker). This should not be a valid reason to not address RB in the draft. I hope Reese isn't thinking that way.
                              i agree- i think this move guarentees we dont take HB 1st day and most def not in the 1st 2 rounds
                              i personally think this was a fabulous move by reese really- we didnt give up anything if u think bout it, carter blows, and rather than signing some 1 as a FA its very price effiecent as well
                              Droughns ran for 1500 yards for the broncos and 1200+ for the browns 2 years ago so we know he is capable in different systems

What would u guys think of pluggin him in @ FB?

sig by jkpigskin

2007 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

2011 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Comment

True, but on the same token, I wouldnt cast him off either..He is not a threat in the passing game, but thats what makes it better for us. If teams dont suspect a pass to him it can catch them by suprise. Also lets not forget, if the mentality of 2 battering rams wearing a team down is accurate, than perhaps as the game goes on his presence even in the passing game will become significant.

I am not impressed with Walker at all.. I'd take Booker with much better hands than him any day. Even in the all star skills competition they were ripping booker and his hands but being natural even snagging it out of the air. Factor in the good praise for Booker, and how he wants to play in NY, and replacement for Barber, I'd lean towards him.

But that's neither here or there, I still love this move, from a logistical standpoint, and we can go the undrafted FA route as well too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information