• Show
Clear All

• Getting a first for AR. Sweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
      Getting a first for AR. Sweet.
      Eh? Did I miss something?
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
        Eh? Did I miss something?
        Chris_Broussard‎ NYK will trade Anthony Randolph for 1st round pick within next 2 weeks, sources say. Minny, Indy, Portland among likeliest destinations

Comment

• Oh yeah, I saw that. I thought you meant it was a done deal with someone. Hopefully we can get something done. Getting a first round pick for him would be a steal at this point..

Comment

• *shrug* I think he's just not a very cerebral player so he's trying to make an impact instead of just being a part of the offensive flow, that's why AR looks so terrible for most of the times he's on the court. With his potential I think he's still got some value even if it looks like we won't be the team that happens for. I'm praying for AR, Douglas and whatever picks we can trade them for Rubio's rights in the summer after Minnesota's had to pick Kyrie Irving. But I know that's never going to happen...
            Last edited by Rosebud; 01-15-2011, 12:18 AM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• That was a classic trap game. They played like crap from the first whistle. It's ok though, it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                That was a classic trap game. They played like crap from the first whistle. It's ok though, it happens.
                I hate to do this but since you did bring it up before unprovoked: we've played quite ****** since Gallo has gone out of the lineup. Chandler has struggled more, and the offense has been woefully inconsistent as a whole. I mean, other than the Spurs game we really haven't looked impressive thus far. I'm not saying Gallo was the difference maker every game with his play, but there is something to be said for the spacing he gives guys by being a threat from 3pt land. Amar'e and company seem to need that spacing to be more effective, and it also creates open looks from three for other guys.

That and the fact he gives is automatic points from the FT line.

And while I do defend Gallo when you call him a bum (because it's down right BS), most people know I'm pretty objective when it comes to his play. I don't think he's going to be a star, nor would I hesitate to trade him if I thought it would benefit the team, but I think it's pretty obvious he's important to the construct of this team.

That might change if we bring in Melo and he's struggling to find playing time or a position, but right now we've really looked mediocre for the most part.

Comment

• We miss his size. That's what we're missing. We have no other big body to sub in when Turiaf hits the bench.

So D'Antoni in all his wisdom decides "F it, let's just come out with 5 guards"

And we get killed when we do that, we get no rebounds, we can't defend anybody and give up a ton of easy buckets underneath etc.

So for those 5 minutes a game when we have to run with 4 Guards and a PF or 4 Guards and a SF, we get dominated and if we're not up or playing an inferior opponent, it'll cost us the game.

That's all there is to it. We need another big body.

Gallo is an average player. My hatred for him stems from the fact that he's thought to be more than that, when he's clearly not. He does add to our team, but he's not as important as we make him out to be.

If Gallo is a deal breaker for us when it comes to trading for Melo, I'm going to be PISSED. Gallo will never be anything more than mediocre, holding on to his "potential" is a waste of time.

Get him outta here while his stock is high. If Gallo was viewed as a guy who is a solid role player than I probably wouldn't have a problem with him. But bc he's viewed as a #2 guy, I can't stand him. He's no where close to being at that level, and he never will be.

Comment

We miss his size. That's what we're missing. We have no other big body to sub in when Turiaf hits the bench.

So D'Antoni in all his wisdom decides "F it, let's just come out with 5 guards"

And we get killed when we do that, we get no rebounds, we can't defend anybody and give up a ton of easy buckets underneath etc.

So for those 5 minutes a game when we have to run with 4 Guards and a PF or 4 Guards and a SF, we get dominated and if we're not up or playing an inferior opponent, it'll cost us the game.

That's all there is to it. We need another big body.

Gallo is an average player. My hatred for him stems from the fact that he's thought to be more than that, when he's clearly not. He does add to our team, but he's not as important as we make him out to be.

If Gallo is a deal breaker for us when it comes to trading for Melo, I'm going to be PISSED. Gallo will never be anything more than mediocre, holding on to his "potential" is a waste of time.

Get him outta here while his stock is high. If Gallo was viewed as a guy who is a solid role player than I probably wouldn't have a problem with him. But bc he's viewed as a #2 guy, I can't stand him. He's no where close to being at that level, and he never will be.
                    I don't see that many Knicks fans that are in love with him. In fact, I'd say the vast majority of Knicks fans despised the Gallo pick and most just fell in love with him because he was the one player who tried and showed up on ****** Knicks teams the past couple years. Rosebud is really the only one I know, but he usually only discusses Gallinari when someone feels to need to knock him (which happens far more than anyone praising him).

I view him as a great #3 scoring option on a good team (with a couple stars like Melo/Amar'e). If Gallo is your third scorer on a team like that, he could be pretty special in that role. There aren't a lot of guys who can get to the line and be automatic points, as well as give the team a much needed sharpshooter.

I mean think about it. If we bring in Melo at some point, who the hell is going to shoot the 3 for us? Even in systems that aren't like D'Antoni's which rely on the 3, being able to shoot from behind the arc is critical in the NBA today. Chandler has improved from deep, but I'm still not a huge fan of his jump shot. Douglas is kind of a chucker. We could bring in some role players who can shoot from 3, but usually they're inconsistent and one dimensional.

Comment

• Gallo is not a smooth shooter though. He's a rhythm shooter. If he had touch like Ray Allen, that's a different story. But he doesn't.

Comment

Gallo is not a smooth shooter though. He's a rhythm shooter. If he had touch like Ray Allen, that's a different story. But he doesn't.
                        But you have to admit that he gets a lot of attention because if he does get into a rhythm at 6'11" there aren't many guys who can bother him. So even when he's not hitting shots he's helping keep teams from packing the paint on AmaRay.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• Look Gallo isn't a first option right now and likely never will be. What he is is a 6'11" player who's a very good perimeter defender, and an exceptionally versatile offensive player who's sharing the #3 role right now and doing well in his second season on tiny usage, evne Dougie has a higher usage rate than Gallo.

Gallo can become a deadly scorer if he develops his midrange game, he's also got quite a bit of potential as a playmaker who could ease Felton's work load while also letting Felton get into a rhythm as an off of the ball shooter. He's shown he can make some exceptional passes and that he's a smart guy who understands how a player can open up his team-mates for passes. He's a smart kid who's shown he'll put in the work to be a guy like Lee or Chandler who'll consistently improve unlike those failed projects who never improve.

In a year or to he can be a guy like Ginobli who can take over a game offensively but is also a very smart player who helps the team when he's not fire. With him, Felton, Chandler and couple more guys like Nene, Fields and Douglas?, we could absolutely contend for a title if Amare can keep up his newly improved passing when his scoring efficiency returns. Especially if Fields can develop his 3-ball and Chandler can keep working on his jumper, learn to go left and keep working on his passing.

In the playoffs what matters is your best 5, with Felton, Fields, Gallo, Chandler, Amare and Nene we can put out 5 guys that'll match up against any 5 in the league and stands a chance to win every time. Amare has absolutely blown me away this year, his passing has even been improving. If that keeps up and his confidence in his team-mates grows he can be that unstoppable #1. We don't have a clear cut #2 option, but neither did the Spurs, with Gallo, Felton and Chandler we've got 3 guys who can take that mantle on any night, we'd have an exceptional #3 and #4 option and between Fields and Nene we'd never have a guy out there in crunch time who teams can ignore. If we can become just an above average defensive team with that offense our team will make a couple Eastern Conference Finalses and a chance to win a title if the right guys get hot. We'd also have the depth to keep those key players fresh for the playoffs.

BK

Comment

• I think Manu is the perfect comparison. Obviously not their size or play style, per se, but I could easily see Gallo becoming that third scorer who on any given night can put up big numbers or help the team in a number of different ways. He can block a shot, get a steal, grab some boards, and pass too if needed.

Every team needs those types of players. No one is saying he's going to be a star BBD, it's just there a lot of people who see that he's a pretty useful/good player and could really be an asset on a team with a couple of great players.

Comment

• Style wise I think Gallo's really similar to Paul Pierce, not a great athlete, not a great shooter, but a really crafty and clever player who can shoot the lights out when he's in a rhythm, a guy who can get to the hoop and line with his craftiness and who'll make good passes and open up team-mates. I don't think Gallo will ever be quite as good as Pierce but style wise their games have a lot of similarities. I think Manu is just the best example of a championship winning player that does what Gallo can do for us.

BK

Comment

• I wouldn't mind the guy as a solid role player, but if he's a piece we need to move to get a Carmelo Anthony or a legit Center, I'm moving him.

He's not an untouchable guy on our team. If you expect us to win a championship any time soon with Gallo as our #2, you're in for a rude surprise. It's never going to happen, no matter how good the rest of the pieces are.

If we want a championship, we need a better #2 option. It's that simple to me. If we can keep Gallo while getting that #2 option, sure, sounds great. But chances are it won't happen unless we move him. So move him. It's a no brainer to me.

Or if we do get a #2 option I rather move Gallo for a legit Center. I think that would make the team better. I think holding onto Gallo's stock is just going to hurt this team in the long term. His stock won't get any higher than it is now, sell him while it's high.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information