No announcement yet.

The Official New York Knicks Team Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really hate D'Antoni's brand of basketball. It's a regular season system. You're not winning a championship with this style of basketball.

We're winless at home when trailing after 3. That's sad. You can't try to outscore opponents when you're losing. It's a flawed system.

And our rebounding is sad too. A lot of it is bc we constantly throw a small lineup out there and we don't have enough big bodies in the paint, but it's also effort. Amare had what, 7 rebounds today? That's not enough.

And we can't keep playing Felton like this. The man is going to break down soon if we don't get a legit backup PG.

2 losses in a row now. It's looking like we're going to be the 6 seed if we keep the status quo.

Comment

• At least our coach isn't Jerry Sloan. Now that's a guy who's system can't win in the playoffs...

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        I wouldn't mind the guy as a solid role player, but if he's a piece we need to move to get a Carmelo Anthony or a legit Center, I'm moving him.

He's not an untouchable guy on our team. If you expect us to win a championship any time soon with Gallo as our #2, you're in for a rude surprise. It's never going to happen, no matter how good the rest of the pieces are.

If we want a championship, we need a better #2 option. It's that simple to me. If we can keep Gallo while getting that #2 option, sure, sounds great. But chances are it won't happen unless we move him. So move him. It's a no brainer to me.

Or if we do get a #2 option I rather move Gallo for a legit Center. I think that would make the team better. I think holding onto Gallo's stock is just going to hurt this team in the long term. His stock won't get any higher than it is now, sell him while it's high.
        If you really want to get a good player back you'll have to give up Chandler at the very least. With Gallo's injury it's going to take some time before he can work his value back up again. And he can't do that until he can play.

I like Chandler a lot though, so I wouldn't deal him for a mediocre center. If we're getting a Marc Gasol type of player though I'd likely ship him out, but otherwise it's not worth trading him off for a short term solution like Marcus Camby.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• We just have to be patient I guess. We're not going to be contenders this year, but I would like to win at least 1 playoff series.

Regardless, we have movable pieces, if we can't package them for Melo then we have to do something with them. You figure the expiring contracts alone should at least net us a backup PG moving forward.

Comment

• 5 in a row. How's that great supporting cast now? We need Melo.

You win in this league with stars. I've been saying it forever. Don't get a hard on for these mediocre players, bc that's all they are. When you have a chance of getting a star, you go get him.

We're a playoff team the way we are now. Even if we get that Center and backup PG, we're still nothing more than a playoff team. If we want to be championship contenders, we need Melo.

I'm hoping the current situation regarding Melo is a good sign for us.
            Last edited by bigbluedefense; 01-22-2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, the team needs someone else. I'm just not sure if a ballstopper is what's going to make it click. For as good as Anthony is, I'm not sure it works.

Comment

• My thinking is, even if Anthony isn't a good fit, he's still a commodity. You can always trade 1 star for another star. So perhaps down the road we trade him for a star that actually fits our lineup.

But trading a bunch of scrubs for a star is not easy to pull off. This is an unusual circumstance for us bc this certain player pretty much only wants to play for the Knicks so we have leverage. This opportunity won't present itself again.

That's why it's a no brainer to me. Worst case scenario, you have a movable star player which will yield either a top draft pick or another star who can fit your lineup.

Comment

• Our team might be the worst rebounding team in the league. It's pathetic. And as much as I love Stat, he's a horrible rebounder. We need a rebound machine at Center so bad.

I love how Fields plays the game. If he just worked on his jumpshot, he could be so much better. Chances are we lose him in a package for Melo though, which sucks, but hey, as much as I like Fields he can't be a dealbreaker in a Melo trade.

Comment

• I know we lost the game, but I like the fight in this team. We haven't seen this from the Knicks in awhile. It all starts with Stat. He's been such a great leader for this team.

And the toughness seems to be coming back. I like what Shaun Williams did, it reminded me of the old school Knicks.

This team isn't scared and doesn't back down from anybody. I love the fight they have now. I can't overstate how much Stat has meant to this team.

Comment

• psh, ****** gallo. 29 points on 12 FGA, what a bum...

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                      Originally posted by JBCX
                      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• http://empiresportsnow.com/2011/01/2...-is-overrated/

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this turd is overrated.

Btw, we went so long and peacefully without talking about Gallo, I guess all good things come to an end sooner or later.

Comment

http://empiresportsnow.com/2011/01/2...-is-overrated/

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks this turd is overrated.

Btw, we went so long and peacefully without talking about Gallo, I guess all good things come to an end sooner or later.
                          Wow you found 1 writer who works at fanhouse to agree with your opinion. I guess you 2 are right and everyone else is wrong all is right in the world again.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                            Wow you found 1 writer who works at fanhouse to agree with your opinion. I guess you 2 are right and everyone else is wrong all is right in the world again.
                            Except that it's not just 2 people. The only people who think Gallo is the greatest thing since sliced bread are dellusional knick fans.

Gallo is a solid #3 option on a team, nothing more, nothing less. He's not a star, and he'll never be a star.

I can't believe how much hype this guy gets. I say it over and over again, but I still don't get an answer: If Gallo is SO good, why doesn't he take over games when Stoudemire is on the bench? Why does he look so mediocre?

Bc he IS mediocre. Good 3rd option, but that's it.

Comment

Except that it's not just 2 people. The only people who think Gallo is the greatest thing since sliced bread are dellusional knick fans.

Gallo is a solid #3 option on a team, nothing more, nothing less. He's not a star, and he'll never be a star.

I can't believe how much hype this guy gets. I say it over and over again, but I still don't get an answer: If Gallo is SO good, why doesn't he take over games when Stoudemire is on the bench? Why does he look so mediocre?

Bc he IS mediocre. Good 3rd option, but that's it.
                              Really where are all the other people you have quoted that says Gallo is over rated. No Knick fan is comparing him to Lebron or MJ so where is the delusion in saying Gallo is a good player.

He is a clearly right now the 2nd option no one else on the team is scoring like him and he is doing a pretty good job at being a 2nd option so if he was the 3rd option it would be even better for us so I am not seeing the problem.

Ever think its cause the opposing team adjust their D to focus on making sure to limit the Knicks best offensive threat when Amare isnt on the court?

No that's crazyness cause b/c Knicks fans talk about a player BBD doesn't like so we should hold him to some crazy standard.

Can you name 1 2nd/3rd option that "takes over" the game every single game when the star player is on the bench. I doubt you can(and no guys like Wade or Pierce don't count as #2 options). There are games were he does well when Amare is on the court and games where he does well when he isn't on the court nobody is perfect every game.

How is he look mediocre? saying someone is mediocre or looks that way doesn't make it a fact why don't you actually try to prove a point for once instead of waiting for Gallo to fail so you can comment. Honestly thats all you do is say ooo hahah Gallo sucks if he has a bad game or you wait for someone to post something with similiar opinion as yours.

We really don't hear you say much when he has a good game hmmm I wonder why?

Comment

• How the **** is Gallo a #2? #2 guys are Russell Westbrook, Manu Ginobli, Tyreke Evans (not good enough to be considered a 1 at this point).

Star #2 options are the Gasols of the world.

Putting up good numbers on a 500 team doesn't make you a #2. David ******* Lee puts up better numbers for Golden State, is he a great player? **** no.

I bet you guys were saying the same crap about David Lee when he was a Knick. Please. Mediocre talent is mediocre talent. There are such thing as compilers in the NBA, putting up numbers doesn't make you a great player. You see it all the time, a player puts up 20 and 10 on a bad team, goes to a good team and disappoints. Why? Bc he was never that good, he was compiling numbers on a bad team.

That's what Gallo is. You go to the NBA forum and you ask all those people what htey think of Gallinari. I guarantee you more people agree with my description of him. He's not that good. Get over it Knick fans. He's a marginal player.

I know we sucked for a long time so we'll prop up good players on our team, but jeez, this is getting ridiculous. I never seen a more overrated Knick in my life time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information