No announcement yet.

The Official New York Knicks Team Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought Mozzie played alright, he's still a raw rookie getting acclimated to the NBA. Games like Detroit just reminds us of what tools he has, games like today remind us how much work he still has to go to properly utilize those tools.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• I'm not gonna give up on Mozzy just yet. He needs time. I do think he should get more minutes just to get his feet wet. 1 rebound in 10 minutes is pretty awful at 7 1" though. He's gotta get stronger.

I noticed our team is so eager to get going in transition that often they forget to get the damn rebound first, and they just get out hustled on the boards. It's so frustrating.

Our best rebounder is Fields, and he's a SG. That's sad.

Comment

• Yeah, we certainly need to get a rebounding/defensive center during the off-season. If we can't get a quality player like Gasol or Bogut, like Rosebud said, we're better off seeing if we can get someone on the cheap in the off-season via trade or free agency. Even if it's just a one dimensional center.

I agree with BBD that I'd rather have CP3 than Melo. I've always felt that way though. Can you imagine CP3 in D'Antoni's offense? He could put up 25-12 every night with ease.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          I'm not gonna give up on Mozzy just yet. He needs time. I do think he should get more minutes just to get his feet wet. 1 rebound in 10 minutes is pretty awful at 7 1" though. He's gotta get stronger.

I noticed our team is so eager to get going in transition that often they forget to get the damn rebound first, and they just get out hustled on the boards. It's so frustrating.

Our best rebounder is Fields, and he's a SG. That's sad.
          Read one of my last posts, Mike D wants the guards grabbing as many boards as they can. Plus Landry Fields just has sublime instincts when rebounding the ball, he is afterall one of the best rebounding wings in the league as a rookie. Not saying we don't need to rebound better, just saying I'd look at our team rebounds instead of getting to focused in on individual numbers since ideally on D our bigs would box out and one of the guards will come down with the board, letting everyone just start running the instant the board is secured.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• You know you love him BBD! Haha.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• That's so great, BBD, how can you not want to make cute Gallo babies after seeing stuff like that?

BK

Comment

• I tell you what, if he can consistently attack the basket the way he has lately, I'll like him a lot more.

That has always been my main beef with him. Now he's finally attacking.

Comment

• I'm so pissed we lost last night. How did that happen? The Sixers suck. It's like we came out flat bc we underestimated them, then came back, then let up, and before you know it, had to make a crazy come back just to potentially send it to OT, and we lose.

The Knicks don't do a very good job of winning close games. It all goes back to defense and rebounds. You will not be a successful playoff team if you can't win close games, and you can't win close games if you can't play defense and rebound the ball.

It's part players, and part coach. I really don't like D'Antoni's brand of basketball. There are elements of it that I do like, but his overall blueprint is just flawed.

Positive notes:

-Mozgov is developing. He's high effort, you can tell his teammates don't trust him yet on the offensive side of the ball. He posts up, he requests the ball, but they just don't give it to him. All his points are on put backs. That trust will develop with time. I like his rebounding as well. It's obviously too early to really expect much from him, but the progress is nice to see. I want him to get more minutes as the season goes on.

To be fair, I expected us to outrebound Philly. They're a very short team. The true test of our rebounding is when we go against the Dallas's of the world, the teams with some muscle up front. We were dominated on the boards vs them.

-Gallo is really attacking the hoop right now. I tell you what, as much as I kill the guy, if he can bring it like that every night, I'll turn a new leaf on him. That's exactly what I've been asking from him for so long. He's finally attacking the hoop on a consistent basis.

Comment

• Melo's agent informing teams he will only sign an extension with the Knicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                      Melo's agent informing teams he will only sign an extension with the Knicks.
                      That makes you wonder. If his agent is making it known he will only sign with the Knicks, then why on earth should the Knicks trade anything away for him? Why not just wait until next year and get him as a FA?

And if you're Melo, what do you gain by putting this information out? Now your chances of signing that extension is pretty much zilch. Why should the Knicks trade for you when they know you'll sign with them anyway?

It's all kind of confusing to me. I just hope we get him somehow.

Comment

I'm so pissed we lost last night. How did that happen? The Sixers suck. It's like we came out flat bc we underestimated them, then came back, then let up, and before you know it, had to make a crazy come back just to potentially send it to OT, and we lose.

The Knicks don't do a very good job of winning close games. It all goes back to defense and rebounds. You will not be a successful playoff team if you can't win close games, and you can't win close games if you can't play defense and rebound the ball.

It's part players, and part coach. I really don't like D'Antoni's brand of basketball. There are elements of it that I do like, but his overall blueprint is just flawed.

Positive notes:

-Mozgov is developing. He's high effort, you can tell his teammates don't trust him yet on the offensive side of the ball. He posts up, he requests the ball, but they just don't give it to him. All his points are on put backs. That trust will develop with time. I like his rebounding as well. It's obviously too early to really expect much from him, but the progress is nice to see. I want him to get more minutes as the season goes on.

To be fair, I expected us to outrebound Philly. They're a very short team. The true test of our rebounding is when we go against the Dallas's of the world, the teams with some muscle up front. We were dominated on the boards vs them.

-Gallo is really attacking the hoop right now. I tell you what, as much as I kill the guy, if he can bring it like that every night, I'll turn a new leaf on him. That's exactly what I've been asking from him for so long. He's finally attacking the hoop on a consistent basis.
                        Mozzie makes me really happy walsh took that gamble. He's clearly been putting in a lot of work in practice with the coaches and Amar'e. I think if he can actually become the player he has the talent to become he'd be one of the best fits at Center for this coach and roster. His athleticism, jumper and unselfishness make him a potentially good fit to not clog the lane for Amar'e on O. He can block shots on D even though his man D in the paint isn't very good, although that's because he doesn't have much experience with it since his teams in russia had him rushing out to meet the point guard on the perimeter. He's rebounding a lot better than I expected. Being a guy who was taught to focus on boxing out and not going after the boards I thought he'd struggle to rebound consistently although he seems to be making a much better effort on that front now than he was. I gotta give the coaching staff and Amar'e credit for what they've done with Mozzie so far, kid good get some real burn as a serious rotation piece now and I'm excited to see how it goes.

BBD this is the guy Gallo was in Italy, well he also was the primary playmaker for his team, but we haven't seen that yet, but as a scorer Gallo was a slasher who could hit some clutch shots and get really hot from three but it was his craftiness going to the hoop that lead to all of his success in Italy. Then he came to the knicks, hit a growth spurt and just showed up hitting every shot he could find, so the team mis-read him thinking that he would be a Dirk or Peja like perimeter sniper when that wasn't his game, it didn't help that on those god awful knick teams he actually was the most consistent 3-pt sniper we had. Now he's finally getting to play more like he did in Europe and I think the next step we'll see from Gallo is him running the PnR sometimes, be it when Felton's on the bench or even with Felton spotting up I think we'll start seeing Gallo and Amare raping some teams with that. If that happens before the playoffs start this year I'm going to be really excited for our matchup with the Bulls, might even get tickets to one of the games in chicago.

BK

Comment

That makes you wonder. If his agent is making it known he will only sign with the Knicks, then why on earth should the Knicks trade anything away for him? Why not just wait until next year and get him as a FA?

And if you're Melo, what do you gain by putting this information out? Now your chances of signing that extension is pretty much zilch. Why should the Knicks trade for you when they know you'll sign with them anyway?

It's all kind of confusing to me. I just hope we get him somehow.
                          Knicks lose at least Chandler and probably AR or Turiaf just to open up a full max to sign Melo this summer and lose the chance to use the MLE if it still exists in the next CBA. So there's that inherent cost to waiting for the summer, which is why I would trade Wilson Chandler, AR, Buike and Eddy Curry for Melo if Denver would take it but wouldn't up that offer. Which I think is somewhat close to what Donnie's doing as he waits it out.

BK

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                            Mozzie makes me really happy walsh took that gamble. He's clearly been putting in a lot of work in practice with the coaches and Amar'e. I think if he can actually become the player he has the talent to become he'd be one of the best fits at Center for this coach and roster. His athleticism, jumper and unselfishness make him a potentially good fit to not clog the lane for Amar'e on O. He can block shots on D even though his man D in the paint isn't very good, although that's because he doesn't have much experience with it since his teams in russia had him rushing out to meet the point guard on the perimeter. He's rebounding a lot better than I expected. Being a guy who was taught to focus on boxing out and not going after the boards I thought he'd struggle to rebound consistently although he seems to be making a much better effort on that front now than he was. I gotta give the coaching staff and Amar'e credit for what they've done with Mozzie so far, kid good get some real burn as a serious rotation piece now and I'm excited to see how it goes.

BBD this is the guy Gallo was in Italy, well he also was the primary playmaker for his team, but we haven't seen that yet, but as a scorer Gallo was a slasher who could hit some clutch shots and get really hot from three but it was his craftiness going to the hoop that lead to all of his success in Italy. Then he came to the knicks, hit a growth spurt and just showed up hitting every shot he could find, so the team mis-read him thinking that he would be a Dirk or Peja like perimeter sniper when that wasn't his game, it didn't help that on those god awful knick teams he actually was the most consistent 3-pt sniper we had. Now he's finally getting to play more like he did in Europe and I think the next step we'll see from Gallo is him running the PnR sometimes, be it when Felton's on the bench or even with Felton spotting up I think we'll start seeing Gallo and Amare raping some teams with that. If that happens before the playoffs start this year I'm going to be really excited for our matchup with the Bulls, might even get tickets to one of the games in chicago.
                            Mozgov makes you wonder, do we need that backup center or do we just gamble on Moz developing more in the offseason?

That's why I hope we really increase his minutes this year. So we get a better idea of what to expect next year from him. He needs reps.

I really like the matchup vs the Bulls. I think we should beat them if we play them in the playoffs.

To me, this year will be a success if we win the 1st round. Everything after that is gravy. But I do want to win a playoff series.

Comment

Mozgov makes you wonder, do we need that backup center or do we just gamble on Moz developing more in the offseason?

That's why I hope we really increase his minutes this year. So we get a better idea of what to expect next year from him. He needs reps.

I really like the matchup vs the Bulls. I think we should beat them if we play them in the playoffs.

To me, this year will be a success if we win the 1st round. Everything after that is gravy. But I do want to win a playoff series.
                              I want to win a playoff series, but this is the first time I've been able to tell people in Chicago that I'm a Knicks fan without feeling a little embarassed since 99, when I was all of 10 years old and the Michael Jordan statue could still teabag me from the United Center. If we can make the playoffs and our young guys can really get a good taste/make it a really tough battle. I want a win, but I will be happy if the Knicks can do what the Colorado Avalanche did in the NHL last year, which is put up a really tough fight before ultimately losing in 6 after losing an OT game in game 5 where they were a few inches away from a win.

BK

Comment

• As for Mozzie yep. That's why I don't want Dalembert or a guy like that who's not going to get more than 20 minutes on this team. If we could get a guy who'd get big minutes like Nene I'd be all for it, but he's almost the only guy we might be able to get who I'd be really stoked about.

BK

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information