No announcement yet.

The Official New York Knicks Team Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unless the cap goes up with a hard cap we need to keep everyone except Chandler and AR from this trade because we wouldn't be able to sign Paul or Deron in FA the way we can Melo, in which case we'll actually have to make a strong trade offer to make that big 3 actually possible.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• If we do somehow pull of the big 3, I can't imagine Gallo being part of our future plans. He'll either be dealt in part of a package for CP3 or they'll let him walk in FA to clear room for CP3.

We're getting waaaaaaaaay ahead of ourselves though. Let's just focus on Melo right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        If we do somehow pull of the big 3, I can't imagine Gallo being part of our future plans. He'll either be dealt in part of a package for CP3 or they'll let him walk in FA to clear room for CP3.

We're getting waaaaaaaaay ahead of ourselves though. Let's just focus on Melo right now.
        No doubt, but if we've got Melo and Amar'e eating up 40 mil of the cap we won't be able to offer Paul or Deron more than 12 mil a year even if we dump everyone else, including Gallo, Fields, Mozzie, Turiaf, Dougie, Bill SkyWalker and Purple Drank. That's why it's important we keep as many assets as possible to be able to actually trade for that third star.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• Listening to Boomer and Carton, is it really true they want Gallo/Chandler/Fields/Felton/Curry and possibly a 1st?

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
            Listening to Boomer and Carton, is it really true they want Gallo/Chandler/Fields/Felton/Curry and possibly a 1st?
            Yeah. But I highly doubt they get it.

Typical negotiation tactics. They go high, we go low, and they meet in the middle somewhere.

Comment

• Or it's just Denver's way of saying "see Melo, they don't love you like I love you, we made them an offer of what you're worth and they wouldn't do it, so **** them, come on baby you know you want to..." while telling the Knicks that they're not serious about making a trade.

BK

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                Or it's just Denver's way of saying "see Melo, they don't love you like I love you, we made them an offer of what you're worth and they wouldn't do it, so **** them, come on baby you know you want to..." while telling the Knicks that they're not serious about making a trade.
                Wouldn't surprise me. The Nuggets have seemed like douche bags throughout this entire process, with the Nets and now the Knicks.

I hope he leaves in the off-season, signs with the Knicks, and we give them a **** deal for the S&T.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I swear if the Nets get Melo I'm gonna be pissed.

Comment

I swear if the Nets get Melo I'm gonna be pissed.
                    I just don't see him buckling and taking the extension from a **** franchise, with a **** fanbase that won't make the playoffs this year even with Melo, they are 8.5 games back with only 25 to go.

BK

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                      I just don't see him buckling and taking the extension from a **** franchise, with a **** fanbase that won't make the playoffs this year even with Melo, they are 8.5 games back with only 25 to go.
                      If the Nuggets go up to him and say "Look, we're not accepting any offers from the Knicks bc their offers suck, so either accept this trade to NJ or stick with us and get no extension"

And Carmelo thinks hard about 65m, I think he takes the deal.

Comment

If the Nuggets go up to him and say "Look, we're not accepting any offers from the Knicks bc their offers suck, so either accept this trade to NJ or stick with us and get no extension"

And Carmelo thinks hard about 65m, I think he takes the deal.
                        *shrug* that 65 mil is a false number since he'll get near that from us if he waits until the summer. Plus Melo's already nixed trades to NJ before so I think if Uriji tries to do that to him, Melo will tell him to blow it out his ass and take what he can get from NY before getting Bosh'd.

BK

Comment

• I'm pretty sure Melo wants nothing to do with the Nets. He doesn't like the idea that the Nuggets supposedly want to rebuild, so I'm pretty damn sure he wouldn't want to be on the Nets for the same reason.

He wants to come to the Knicks because A) We're in his home town and B) We're not rebuilding, we're trying to put together a great team for a big championship run.

Comment

• SpearsNBAYahoo: Y! Sports has learned NYK has now offered Gallo, Felton, Chandler, Curry and a to be acquired 1st rounder to DEN for Melo, Billups & fillers

Comment

• Are we finally going to flush that turd down the toilet?

As much as I admit we're giving up a lot for Melo (which I'm still fine with btw), I almost want this trade to go down just so I don't have to hear about Gallinari anymore.

Comment

Are we finally going to flush that turd down the toilet?

As much as I admit we're giving up a lot for Melo (which I'm still fine with btw), I almost want this trade to go down just so I don't have to hear about Gallinari anymore.
                                I have a lot of respect for you BBD but that's a pretty foolish reason to want a deal to go down.

And I don't think I'd be very happy giving up all that for Melo. Melo has become so overrated these days it's not even funny.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information