No announcement yet.

The Official New York Knicks Team Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping that Wilson progresses during the season, he couldn't work on his game too much in the offseason due to surgery and you can see he's still shooting too many 3s this season.

Gallo's reminded me why I was so high on him and our O should be running through him by the Allstar break.

Darko has impressed me, I've never been a big fan of his and laughed hysterically when Detroit picked him over Melo, I mean the dude was a bench warmer who had no clue how to use his skills on the court and got drafted 2nd due to workouts, but he's been playing good D and making smart decisions.

NoSharrington is still a bum and the team overall isn't very good but I like the 4 young guys we still have on their rookie contracts, can't wait to see what Hill becomes because he could be an ideal center for Mike D with his athleticism, rebounding, and offensive skills, once he polishes them.

Oh and toney Douglas should be our 4th quarter PG fairly soon because Duhon is just sort of there.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

As for cap space at worst we'll have room for a max + 7 mil, there's a good chance that becomes a max + 9mil and if jeffries gets dealt for an expiring, which isn't too unreasonable, that could be enough for 2 maxes, but what I'm hoping for is either Lebron, Mike Miller, Camby and nate or lebron, rondo and camby. If Wade leaves Miami it's to go home to chicago, I don't want amare on a long term deal and think toronto will do well enough to secure Bosh, so IMO Lebron is the most likely max to change teams and the most likely to join us as well, largely because Cleveland is so god awful around him and because they no longer have really good flexibility going forward.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

Since I know how much you love gallo BBD I wanted to post that he's averaging 22.7 points on only 15.6 shots a game. That on top of his unselfish play, solid D and good effort on the boards, although he's still too thin to make an impact there. Makes me ecstatic about this pick.

BK

Comment

Bosh will be a Knick. Francessa has stated it and it makes perfect sense. The question is will that be enough to attract Joe Johnson, Wade, or LeBron.

We have a lot flexibility with Lee and Robinson. We could let them walk, keep them, or trade them this season.

I love Lee, but his defense has gotten worse as his star has risen. Plus, Hill is waiting in the wings.

Sucks that we don't have a first round pick and that we have so much money tied up in Jeffries and Curry.

Hopefully it will be a fun year and we'll see some improvement and flashes from the young guys. Otherwise, let's try and surprise the league and sneak into the playoffs. 0-3 is a great start.....
          "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by gpngc View Post
            Bosh will be a Knick. Francessa has stated it and it makes perfect sense. The question is will that be enough to attract Joe Johnson, Wade, or LeBron.

We have a lot flexibility with Lee and Robinson. We could let them walk, keep them, or trade them this season.

I love Lee, but his defense has gotten worse as his star has risen. Plus, Hill is waiting in the wings.

Sucks that we don't have a first round pick and that we have so much money tied up in Jeffries and Curry.

Hopefully it will be a fun year and we'll see some improvement and flashes from the young guys. Otherwise, let's try and surprise the league and sneak into the playoffs. 0-3 is a great start.....
            Honestly I'd rather not bring in bosh unless we absolutely have to to draw lebron or wade as well. If we don't need to add Bosh I think we'd be a better team if we brought back camby, brought in mike miller and signed a veteran point guard to share that job with douglas. Let Lee and Nate walk and wait until 2011 when curry expires to make another big addition.

would give us a season of:
            Camby/Hill/Curry
            Gallo/Chandler
            Chandler/Mike Miller
            Lebron/Mike Miller
            Vet/Douglas

Which could be a true contending team with some progress from Chandler and Hill with another 11 mil in cap space opening up in 2011.

BK

Comment

Gallo is scoring points.

I just don't like perimeter big men. We'll see. He's doing better than I thought he'd do, I'll give him that.

I wanted Ricky Rubio so bad this draft. He'd actually pair up with Gallo very nicely, and Id be more open to our wide open style if we had a PG like Ricky Rubio.

Comment

First Win WOOOOOOOO!!!! 1-3

Comment

Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                  First Win WOOOOOOOO!!!! 1-3
                  With Gallo showing how he can make a big impact even on nights where his shot is off.

BK

Comment

I like the signing of Stoudemire. I really like our options heading forward.

Getting Lebron is obviously the dream, but realistically, I don't see him coming. If we do get Lebron, I'd love for us to pair Stoudemire and Lebron together, and package a sign and trade for Chris Paul and sign him to an extension next year. We can afford another max contract player next year, so pairing those 3 together has championship potential.

If we don't get Lebron, I think we should get Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul next year. Save our money and just get Stoudemire this year. Melo wants to come to the Knicks bad. His wife lives here, he went to Syracuse, he loves NY, he has every reason to come here.

So I'm hoping we either have a combo of Lebron/Stoudemire/Paul in the future, or Melo/Stoudemire/Paul in the future. Either way, i think its gonna be exciting times to be a Knicks fan again. I can't wait.

We suffered long enough.

Comment

Looks like Melo will be accepting the Nuggets extension offer

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        I like the signing of Stoudemire. I really like our options heading forward.

Getting Lebron is obviously the dream, but realistically, I don't see him coming. If we do get Lebron, I'd love for us to pair Stoudemire and Lebron together, and package a sign and trade for Chris Paul and sign him to an extension next year. We can afford another max contract player next year, so pairing those 3 together has championship potential.

If we don't get Lebron, I think we should get Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul next year. Save our money and just get Stoudemire this year. Melo wants to come to the Knicks bad. His wife lives here, he went to Syracuse, he loves NY, he has every reason to come here.

So I'm hoping we either have a combo of Lebron/Stoudemire/Paul in the future, or Melo/Stoudemire/Paul in the future. Either way, i think its gonna be exciting times to be a Knicks fan again. I can't wait.

We suffered long enough.
                        If the Knicks get CP3, I will cream my pants so hard. He is the only reason I watch the NBA, my favorite player, met him once and he is the man. If they can get CP3, I will go to every game at MSG

SPLOOSH

Comment

Looks like Lebron is choosing Cleveland or Miami. I'm a sad panda.

Now we gotta hope we land Melo and CP3 next year. We gotta fight their big 3 with our own big 3 if we can assemble it.

Comment

Now their saying Miami definitely, i just don't see it. I can't see him in that jersey, i can't see him being in a city that has Wade as their #1, face of the franchise. I could've seen chicago, or the knicks, but not the heat.

Comment

************************************************** ************************************************** ****************************
                              we're screwed

Comment

We are not screwed at all. Obv we would be in a better situation with Lebron here but we are not screwed.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information