The Official New York Knicks Team Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
    I wouldn't ditch my whole team If I had my choice I would yes regardless of your hatred say I would keep Gallo but if it came down to Gallo as a deal breaker I would trade him.

Imo I don't like the Billups-Felton swap as well as having to give up a Gallo or a fields I think either you do the swap or you give up the 1 player. I think doing both is more then necessary.
    Alan Hahn is reporting that the Nuggets don't even want Gallo. They rather have Fields/Mozgov.

What does that tell you about how other teams feel about Gallo?

I rather trade Gallo than Fields and Mozgov personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      I don't think we have to. I'm saying in a hypothetical situation where we did, I would.

But I feel like we probably already gave them 1 more piece than we needed to. I think we need to stay firm until the last minute, and I think Denver will eventually buckle.

But again, hypothetically, I would. Do I think it's going to be necessary? No. I think we need to be firm and we can get him with the current offer on the table.
      See, with his pending free agency I just wouldn't give up all of our assets and tie up 40+ mil into two players who aren't in the top 5 of the league because they regularly play poor defense and are not good at passing the ball, or at least too often forget they have that option.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        Alan Hahn is reporting that the Nuggets don't even want Gallo. They rather have Fields/Mozgov.

What does that tell you about how other teams feel about Gallo?

I rather trade Gallo than Fields and Mozgov personally.
        I can give you other reports that say they still want Gallo from today and then we can have the media and Gallo argument you and I had from before if you really go down that road I got a lot of time available today if that's what you want .

Yes I rather trade 1 player then 2 as well considering I have been saying we need depth with Melo if we plan to win.

Comment

• It seems like Denver just doesn't want to let us have him this is going to come down to whether Melo will let Denver shoe horn him into going to New Jersey. I'm really curious to see whether when push comes to shove he shows some balls and refuses to sign the extension with New Jersey or if he gives in and takes the money.

PS, **** that Brett Bearup guy, what a bitter fat *****.
          Last edited by Rosebud; 02-19-2011, 02:52 PM.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• God, this is all so confusing. Just man up Melo and tell everyone you'll only sign with the Knicks.

Stop being a *****.

Comment

• The Nuggets can draw this out til the final seconds if they want but they've basically ran out of options. They have no leverage, if they were smart they'd take whatever they could for Melo. What we should really do is start taking pieces off the table and call their bluff, make them squirm a little bit for making this process so difficult.
              Cowboys Mock:
              1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
              2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
              3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                The Nuggets can draw this out til the final seconds if they want but they've basically ran out of options. They have no leverage, if they were smart they'd take whatever they could for Melo. What we should really do is start taking pieces off the table and call their bluff, make them squirm a little bit for making this process so difficult.
                They have no power, but with this NJ thing, Melo's lack of balls and Dolan's impatience they've created some leverage with the help of guys like Screamin A Smith. Still we do hold the power in this situation provided Melo really doesn't want to spend the next 3 years of his career on first round playoff team in a weaker conference. That's why I think we should just tell denver that if they want Chandler, 2 picks, Felton and a TPE to call, otherwise we'll talk to them in the summer about which picks we'll send them in the S&T.

BK

Comment

• Glipper of hope if Mannix aint full of ****

ChrisMannixSI
                  Melo admitted he was starting to get concerned about what the team he is going to will look like after they deal for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                    Glipper of hope if Mannix aint full of ****

ChrisMannixSI
                    Melo admitted he was starting to get concerned about what the team he is going to will look like after they deal for him.
                    And someone else reporting that he's starting to tell people he doesn't want to sign the extension with Jersey...dare I get my hopes up that it won't come down to Dolan caving in?

BK

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                      And someone else reporting that he's starting to tell people he doesn't want to sign the extension with Jersey...dare I get my hopes up that it won't come down to Dolan caving in?
                      I think if you talked to just about 90% of the Knicks fan base they could have told you that piece of news in August or September. I don't have my hopes up for anything until Melo is on a podium holding up a Knick jersey.

Comment

• I just want this saga to end. All the rumors of Isiah Thomas running the Knicks again is scaring the bejesus out of me.

Comment

• They are not new rumors they have been around since this summer when Dolan tried to hire him as a consultant and Stern wouldn't allow it.

Comment

• At first I was in denial though. But now...i mean it's pretty much out there that Isiah is running the Knicks through Dolan again.

I'm just in shock. How can anyone be so stupid? I hate James Dolan so much.

Comment

• I think it's all BS at this point to be honest. I mean, do people really think Isiah has enough time to coach college basketball, recruit, etc, AND run the Knicks? I'm not denying he's still close to Dolan but this seems like all speculation.

Also, I think Charles Barkley said it the best over the All-Star Break. Why should the Knicks trade half their team for Melo when there is every chance he'll sign with us in the off-season?

Now the Nuggets want Mozgof too, reportedly. Seriously, **** this trade. The Nuggets can enjoy getting a bunch of ****** players from us in the off-season for a S&T.
                              (shameless self-promotion)
                              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Melo wants that 65 mill. I don't think we'll get him in FA anymore. If the CBA wasn't in flux I think he'd wait, but right now it's too risky for him to pass up on that 65 mill and enter FA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information