No announcement yet.

The Official New York Knicks Team Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm excited to have Melo. I need to fix my slingbox so I can start watching games again.

Comment

• I really hope the Knicks go back to their throwback blue jerseys. I want to get a Stat jersey in old school blue.

Curious to see what number Melo goes with. MSG needs to have a minimum of 3 screen shots a game of Lala (preferably focusing on her boobs) from now on.

Comment

• Carmelo is looking to take #7 so maybe it leads to trading azubikues contract for a solid center.

Comment

• who's available?

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
            who's available?
            My 1st choice would be Jason Thompson from the Sacramento Kings cause he is young can run and block some shots. He is kinda buried behind Cousins, Landry and Dalembert over there. So maybe they would like to get the financial relief from Buike contract since its 80% covered by insurance.

I doubt they would do it though but Thompson would be my 1st call to bring in to be our Center.

Idk off the top of my head what other cheap centers are out there that you can get for his contract

I will have to look for more later I am busy chucking 3's and missing with Billups in 2k11.

Comment

• Yeah, as much as I want a backup PG, I think at this point with losing Mozgov, we need a 7 footer more than anything else right now.

We can survive with Billups running the point, but big tall teams are going to abuse us unless we get a 7 footer who can give us 6 fouls a game at Center.

We were always destined to lose to big tall teams anyway bc D'Antoni has a hard on for ridiculously small lineups, but without Mozgov we're just way too small now. We need an able body in there.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Those guys just weren't in our long term plans. Look at it this way, we were hoping to just sign Melo in the offseason so we can trade these guys for CP3 right?

Well now, you just have to hope that CP3 signs outright like we were hoping Melo would. It's the same difference when you think about it. We needed 1 of the 3 to sign outright, now you're just shifting that hope from Melo to CP3.

And CP3, Melo, and Stat are all close friends that have discussed this scenario before. I think it's a very realistic possibility that it happens. Not to mention that according to Alan Hahn, the Knicks front office is very close to their agents as well.

When you have 2 bonafide scorers like we do now, you don't need a Gallo or Chandler on the bench to give you what they give. You can get by with lesser talent in other areas.

Would I like to keep them? Sure. But they were ultimately collateral damage that I'm ok with.

This was a long term decision. Stoudemire and Melo are both young still. For all the talk about Stat's knees, he rarely misses any games. The guy is still a 20/8 a night player.

We have plenty of time to build around these 2 guys. This was the right decision. Did we give up too much? Yes we did, but it's not the end of the world. The pieces we gave up were never in our long term plans anyway.
                The thing about hoping for Paul to sign with us is I was a million more times confident in Melo signing with us in the off-season than I was with Paul signing with us down the road.

I wasn't a Knicks fan who thought LeBron was coming here in any way shape or form but I was pretty damn confident in us getting Melo in the off-season. I'm not that confident with us getting Paul.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Yeah, as much as I want a backup PG, I think at this point with losing Mozgov, we need a 7 footer more than anything else right now.

We can survive with Billups running the point, but big tall teams are going to abuse us unless we get a 7 footer who can give us 6 fouls a game at Center.

We were always destined to lose to big tall teams anyway bc D'Antoni has a hard on for ridiculously small lineups, but without Mozgov we're just way too small now. We need an able body in there.
                I don't think that's true at all. He wanted the Shaq trade badly in Phoenix. He also wanted to start Mozgov in the beginning of the year but at that point he was too raw. I think he chooses to play Stat at center because he'd rather deal with his lack of defense there then have some ****** center who can't do much of anything for 30 mins a night.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I really like the throwback jerseys. I'm hoping they start selling the throwbacks. I want a blue Stat throwback so bad but I can't find it online anywhere. I just love the color combo.

Comment

• Working tonight, really wanted to watch the game. God, I hope I go down to Miami. Watching us square off against the Heat every time they went down there would be incredible.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                      Working tonight, really wanted to watch the game. God, I hope I go down to Miami. Watching us square off against the Heat every time they went down there would be incredible.
                      Haha, same. I have class tonight so I won't be able to see the game. I demand reports of how the team played by those who do watch the game, though!
                      (shameless self-promotion)
                      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I told you getting Deron or CP3 wasn't as easy as everyone made it seem. If we kept some assets we could have made a trade for Deron as well but w/e.

Comment

• in case you weren't already hyped about tonight

Cowboys Mock:
                          1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                          2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                          3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Cool video. If you listen to the words, that song would be perfect for Ron Artest if he ever would come home to play for the Knicks.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Def going to try and watch the game online tonight, I want to see how aggressive Melo will be and mainly how both stars play together.
                              Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                              Coples is that dude.
                              Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Should I buy a Melo jersey? I feel like if I do I will sadly be seen as a bandwagon fan(which Im not)

SPLOOSH

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information