The Official New York Knicks Team Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    What's the deal with Tony Douglas? I don't watch the NBA, but I keep hearing that the Knicks need a back up point guard. I know everyone was excited about Douglas when he was drafted. Just hasn't lived up to it?

He's not a point guard. And overall, he's just not that good.

Comment

• I still think they should keep Douglas, not a true PG at all but is a good scorer and annoying defender at times.
      Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
      Coples is that dude.
      Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• From Alan Hahn's twitter:

Carmelo and Amar'e both were shocked by D-Will trade. Makes recruiting easier having him in NY area? "Too early for that" Melo laughs.

Comment

• Indeed. I think if anything Deron going to the Nets helps us get him. He's in the area and will constantly be hearing about the Knicks as well as interacting with a lot of the Knicks players. Plus Utah was in a much better situation talent wise than the Nets. The Nets have A LOT of talent to acquire before Deron would want to consider staying there long-term.
          (shameless self-promotion)
          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Jared Jeffries is a great pick-up. He'll be cheap and he'll play defense. And he's bigger than Shawne Williams who would have had to guard 4s and 5s...

I think we may also take a look at T.J. Ford if he's bought out...
            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Ehh not a huge Jefferies fan would rather try and get a center who can start over Turiaf.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                What's the deal with Tony Douglas? I don't watch the NBA, but I keep hearing that the Knicks need a back up point guard. I know everyone was excited about Douglas when he was drafted. Just hasn't lived up to it?
                He's a natural 2 and was kinda forced into the backup PG role.
                Cowboys Mock:
                1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• I don't mind Jeffries, tbh. He was a really good defender for us and could give some quality minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                    Ehh not a huge Jefferies fan would rather try and get a center who can start over Turiaf.
                    There are none available though. There is literally no way to acquire such a player at this point.
                    "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• Originally posted by gpngc View Post
                      There are none available though. There is literally no way to acquire such a player at this point.
                      Earl Barron is a better option then Jeffries and I would rather take my chances with him then Jeffries.

I would also rather wait and see if the vanilla gorilla Joel Pryzbilla gets bought out from Charlotte and take a run at him then bring in Jeffries who D'antoni is just going to make guard PG's while he is on the court.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        You were depressed before the Derron trade even went down. I don't get it, now is the best time to be a Knicks fan in over 10 years and now you're depressed and want to ignore basketball again?

Let's be real, you just miss Gallo.
                        I was disappointed for us blowing our leverage, the Deron trade made me depressed, they got a better deal for a better player, at least a more valuable one since, you know, he wasn't a pending free agent who had made his desire for NYC clear, although I do think Deron's the most valuable PG in the league and has the most to offer any team moving forward, although I do still have hope for Rubio once he's finally free from Minny...

Of course I do miss Gallo to, but I missed him before the Deron trade and will continue to miss him until he comes back to NYC when he's eligible for FA.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                        Let's all hope Fields works on his jump shot this offseason. He's our last movable asset.

We need him to boost his stock as much as possible.
                        I trust he will, he leads the NBA in 4th quarter 3pt %, so he's already good a good sense for when to shoot and when not to, and he's not a terrible 3pt shooter to begin with. With how hard this kid works I trust him to work on his 3ball and defense, he should study how Gallo used his length to beat guys to positions on the court even when he lacked the lateral quickness since that is Fields' biggest issue on D, he's just not shifty enough to play keep up on D and needs to learn how to use his length and strength advantage to anticipate guys and bully them away from where they want to go.

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        It's going to be Paul in the end. I don't know how but I'd bet a good amount of money he'll get here eventually.
                        I agree with you, I just think that the way it'll happen will be Paul taking a smaller contract...because his injuries start becoming a serious drain on his impact, not quite Roy levels, but to the point where he's like Shaq, guaranteed to miss 10-20 games a year and you never know when he'll become the next Roy. That's the thing that troubles me the most, we're really banking on turning Amare, Paul and Melo into a championship team, even though that's a team that's very iffy. I've loved Chris Paul for a long time, but with his knee problems as well as the questions about Amar'e's knees I just am still too traumatized from what happened to McDyess and H2O. Maybe Donnie can pull a rabbit out of his ass and trade our second round pick for the rights to Ricky Rubio...but without re-stocking our bevy of young talent I just don't see us having the depth to win a ring, but given that we should be an ECF caliber team from now on we're unlikely to have the chance to find that young 4th star without getting really lucky...again...

Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
                        Ehh not a huge Jefferies fan would rather try and get a center who can start over Turiaf.
                        I like the Jeffries move, he's instantly our best perimeter defender and even though he can't shoot he gets out of the way on offense and keeps the ball moving. Plus I'd really hope Fields pays a lot of attention to how Jeffries uses his length on D against smaller, quicker players.
                        Last edited by Rosebud; 02-25-2011, 05:09 PM.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• ... I can't believe we lost to the Cavs. New team or not, that's atrocious. Our bench is really really bad.

Meh, just dissappointing. It was fun watching Melo dominate in the first half but he really cooled off in the second half. Billups was having his way with the refs tonight though which was nice to see. He could be a really good player for the next year and a half.

Comment

• Forenci think of it this way, LA lost to the Cavs. lol

It is dissapointing though but like I said, defense and other contribution will be the main things.
                            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                            Coples is that dude.
                            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post

I like the Jeffries move, he's instantly our best perimeter defender and even though he can't shoot he gets out of the way on offense and keeps the ball moving. Plus I'd really hope Fields pays a lot of attention to how Jeffries uses his length on D against smaller, quicker players.
                              Our biggest problem is post defense not perimeter defense. Jeffries doesn't help with that and his perimeter defense is not that good either he is not any good unless he is guarding someone with a obvious flaw in their game like Rondo with his no jumper.

Comment

• We got killed on the boards as well. We really need some size.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information