Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official New York Knicks Team Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    So we know one of the new guys coming in is Jeffries. The question is, who is the other guy?
    My best bet would be one of Rasual Butler, Dan Gadzuric, Leon Powe, or somebody out the D-League.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Billups will be a nice plan B in case we can't land CP3.

      We cut that dude btw, I can't spell his name. Azubakiowhatever.

      Word on the street is we're bringin in Jeffries on Wednesday and perhaps another guy.

      Bibby is going to the Heat. That really sucks, bc he's gonna help them a lot.
      Eh, I disagree. By the time CP3 is a free agent Billups will be what, 36 years old? I'm not saying he won't be useful this year and next but to think he's anything close to be a "plan b" for Chris Paul is a bit far fetched. If we don't get Paul or Williams we'll be in some trouble.
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

      Comment


      • I am curious how long Billups can play but yeah I mean, when he does leave what happens from there?
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
        Coples is that dude.
        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

        Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

        Comment


        • Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
          Azubuike not that hard a name we also apparently bought out Corey Brewer.
          damn, i kinda had hope for brewer. He'll prob be with the celtics for the playoffs

          Comment


          • couldn't there be Jets fans that are also Knick fans? or is preposterous?

            Comment


            • Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
              couldn't there be Jets fans that are also Knick fans? or is preposterous?
              Nope that is not allowed lol

              Comment


              • Huge game tonight vs the Magic. Our lack of size will be on full display tonight. Let's see how we play vs Dwight Howard.

                If we can overcome our height disadvantage vs the Magic, it could really build our confidence moving forward.

                I think Howard is going to destroy us, but the rest of our team is better than theirs, let's see if we can keep up and stay out of foul trouble.

                Anyone wanna take a guess on how many points Howard scores tonight? I'm saying at least 32 pts.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                  Eh, I disagree. By the time CP3 is a free agent Billups will be what, 36 years old? I'm not saying he won't be useful this year and next but to think he's anything close to be a "plan b" for Chris Paul is a bit far fetched. If we don't get Paul or Williams we'll be in some trouble.
                  Maybe he can borrow some HGH from Steve Nash?

                  Who knows what will happen. 2 years is a long time from now, we'll figure something out.

                  The most important thing to root for is the development of Landry Fields. We want him to build up his trade value as much as possible in case we need to move him for a PG or C in the future.

                  And of course, he can always stay too. I'm hoping he works on that jump shot. He needs to work on that jump shot.

                  Comment


                  • Not really sure why we bought out Brewer, could have been a defensive presence off the bench.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Maybe he can borrow some HGH from Steve Nash?

                      Who knows what will happen. 2 years is a long time from now, we'll figure something out.

                      The most important thing to root for is the development of Landry Fields. We want him to build up his trade value as much as possible in case we need to move him for a PG or C in the future.

                      And of course, he can always stay too. I'm hoping he works on that jump shot. He needs to work on that jump shot.
                      His jump shot is already pretty damn good for a rookie. It's got a ways to go but for a rookie his distance shooting is very impressive.

                      I'd rather keep him, personally. He's the perfect role player to have on a team. He has the ability to defend (still has a ways to go there, though), can shoot the three, is an excellent rebounder, and is a solid passer too. Unless we get another good scoring option we're going to need him in the future as that third player who can give some scoring if Stat or Melo falter in a game.
                      (shameless self-promotion)
                      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Damix View Post
                        Not really sure why we bought out Brewer, could have been a defensive presence off the bench.
                        D'Antoni has a hard on for Jeffries. He's going to use Jeffries as that defensive presence. I don't get why we didn't cut Balkman. He's terrible.

                        Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                        His jump shot is already pretty damn good for a rookie. It's got a ways to go but for a rookie his distance shooting is very impressive.

                        I'd rather keep him, personally. He's the perfect role player to have on a team. He has the ability to defend (still has a ways to go there, though), can shoot the three, is an excellent rebounder, and is a solid passer too. Unless we get another good scoring option we're going to need him in the future as that third player who can give some scoring if Stat or Melo falter in a game.
                        I like Fields too. But what if we need a Center so bad that we have to make a move? At this point, he's our only tradeable asset, so worst case scenario we move him for one.

                        But I would prefer to keep him if possible. I can see him being a 14/8/3 a night guy moving forward.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          D'Antoni has a hard on for Jeffries. He's going to use Jeffries as that defensive presence. I don't get why we didn't cut Balkman. He's terrible.



                          I like Fields too. But what if we need a Center so bad that we have to make a move? At this point, he's our only tradeable asset, so worst case scenario we move him for one.

                          But I would prefer to keep him if possible. I can see him being a 14/8/3 a night guy moving forward.
                          It depends what center we're trading him for. If we're talking about a Marc Gasol or Nene, sure, but I wouldn't deal him for an aging center or below average center...which most centers are in the NBA.

                          I think Joel Pryzbilla would be a perfect guy to bring in. Nazr Mohammed wouldn't be bad either. They could at least be a stop gap until we can get something else figured out.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            D'Antoni has a hard on for Jeffries. He's going to use Jeffries as that defensive presence. I don't get why we didn't cut Balkman. He's terrible.
                            We didn't cut Balkam cause he his contract runs up till 2012.

                            Comment


                            • It seems the 2nd guy we picked up is Derrick Brown which makes little sense considering he is a SF.

                              Comment


                              • Maaaan, we blew that game. So pissed.

                                Just an ugly 4th quarter. Fell in love with jump shots, went away from feeding Stat in crunch time, couldn't hit our jumpers, and Jameer Nelson just KILLED us in the 4th. There was nothing we could do about that, when a guy is hot like that, you can't do a thing about it.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information