No announcement yet.

The Official New York Knicks Team Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our commitment to defense is improving at least. I'm pleased with the gains we made there. 2nd chance points are killing us bc of our lack of size.

But you can see more effort on the defensive side from everybody since the trade. We're going to have to keep improving in that area to be a better team.

I think the new found commitment to defense is what led to the team running out of gas in the 4th. They just aren't used to giving that kind of effort on both sides of the ball. They'll build up that conditioning over the next 20 or so games. At least I hope they will.

And I'm digging Anthony Carter. The guy is ancient, and he doesn't have much offensive game, but he's a great effort guy on defense, he's basically a Tony Douglas who can actually run the point.

Billy Walker is pissing me off. All he does is chuck it up.

Comment

• Bill Walker can chuck it at times, but for the most part, when he's played he's been fairly efficient when he scores. I'd say Toney Douglas is much more of a chucker than Walker.

He's a pretty solid defender when he puts his mind to and is athletic as well. It's too bad he had all those knee troubles because even though he's still quite athletic he used to be able to jump over the moon.
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• I'm curious to see how Jeffries figures into our rotation again.

I actually like the backcourt of Carter and Billups. It let's Billups defend slower SGs, and we can put Carter on the smaller quicker PGs.

That backcourt plays good defense. Fields has been slipping the past 3 games. He's playing tough defense and rebounding well, but he's still trying to find his niche in our offense with the new guys. His shot has been off lately too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
          I'd say Toney Douglas is much more of a chucker than Walker.

Yes he is. It's annoying and thus I hate him. But yeah, we need size in the worst possible way.

Comment

• Can the Knicks sell those damn throwback jerseys already? Goddamn. Wtf.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              Can the Knicks sell those damn throwback jerseys already? Goddamn. Wtf.
              Haha, seriously pisses me off too. Not that I would go out and drop that kind of dough, but they don't even have an authentic customizable one.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                Haha, seriously pisses me off too. Not that I would go out and drop that kind of dough, but they don't even have an authentic customizable one.
                Yeah. I'm totally waiting for our chinatown friends to get on that and sew up some jerseys that'll cost me 40 bucks.

Comment

• I don't know what to take from last night's game. NO kind of didn't show up at all, and we shot way too well for me to take anything away from it.

I was pissed at our interior D to start the game, but it didn't matter soon afterwards.

Chris Paul didn't look too hot.

Comment

• I didn't get to watch the game but saw a good amount of highlights.. CP3 looked either hurt or not motivated to play. I knew Toney Douglas could pull off a decent game sometime soon.

I still think CP3 puts us over the top because of his pass first ability, with him it is just a better mixture as far as "Big 3". Pass first PG, dominant scorer on the wing, and a guy who goes hard to the rim and can face up.

But yeah a solid center is another missing piece.
                    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                    Coples is that dude.
                    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Ugh. How the **** can we not be the Cavs? AT HOME! They're a horrid team that's likely going to be the favorite to win the lottery. We should be able to beat them without Melo and Stat, much less with them. Just putrid.
                      (shameless self-promotion)
                      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                        Ugh. How the **** can we not be the Cavs? AT HOME! They're a horrid team that's likely going to be the favorite to win the lottery. We should be able to beat them without Melo and Stat, much less with them. Just putrid.
                        It seriously is embarrassing we are having this many problems with such a godawful team.

Comment

• Seriously. So pissed right now. That effort last night on defense was absolutely embarassing. They thought they could half ass it and still win.

Embarassing loss. They need to get their head out of their ass right now.

I feel like not having Chauncy out there is making them slack. Chauncey wouldn't have that **** if he was out there on the court.

Comment

• Yeah that is why he is important haha.

Stat is wet from the 3 line though haha and has a little clutch gene in him that I have seen flashes of now. We really need to d up, in ALL GAMES.. we can't just come out every other night looking to JUST score.
                            Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
                            Coples is that dude.
                            Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• Much better effort last night. We match up well with ATL

Comment

• Agreed. I wish we were able to play them in round 1. We'd beat them in a series no doubt. And we'd have 7 home games to boot.

I want to see consistency. I think tonight is going to be a telling sign. Can they bring that defensive intensity 2 games in a row back to back?

Right now all I'm concerned about is consistency and chemistry. 2 things they need to improve heading into the playoffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information