Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official New York Knicks Team Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ahh, finally 2 in a row!

    Comment


    • Communication on defense is improving. Seems they play better zone, and the switches on pick and roll and on doubles seems to be picking up speed.

      Jeffries has been a great addition too. I was skeptical about that but so far, great addition.

      And Dougie has filled in nicely too. If Dougie can give us that kind of production, we may be able to play him and Billups together in the backcourt in some sets.

      I think mostly though, Utah just sucks and didn't show up either. But still, you see improvement with each game, so hopefully we start peaking heading into the playoffs.

      I know people think I'm crazy for saying this but why not us? The East is wide open as far as I'm concerned. If we bring our A game this team can beat anybody. The only team that would embarrass us in a 7 game series is the Lakers. Way too much size and Kobe.

      We made it to the Finals in 99 with a broken Patrick Ewing and Chris Dudley. Chris Dudley at Center.

      It's not impossible.

      Comment


      • I mean, when you have two guys who can explode for 30+ on a given night anything is possible, but I think the Celtics would be too much for us to handle both offensively and defensively. The Magic would likely kill us as Dwight will just tee off on us all night. Chicago would be a pretty good series. I feel like we could beat them, but it would be a toss up.

        I could see us beating the Heat for sure, though. Hawks we would likely crush as well if we ever had a chance to play them.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

        Comment


        • Boston, and Miami scare me, Chicago intrigues me. Losing Perkins was a huge blow to Boston I feel, their size takes a big hit with that. And Stat owns Garnett. They would be a tough tough team to beat though, but who knows. I don't fear their size anymore. They're the best in the East as far as I'm concerned.

          Miami is Miami. You never know if they turn it on in the playoffs.

          And Chicago reminds me of the 90s Knicks. Tough D, 1 great scorer, and a bunch of tough role players. I think we can take them bc we match up well with them.

          Orlando, I feel we can take them. Dwight will dominate us sure, but we just need to throw bodies at him. The rest of the team isn't good enough to take us out. It took a sick effort from Jameer in the 4th to beat us last time.

          Remember, Dwight dominated us yet we were beating them. We didn't lose until Jameer had an uncharacteristic 4th quarter.

          So I think we have a legit chance vs them.

          I'm not saying we will absolutely beat any of those guys, but I do feel we have a puncher's chance. And that's all you can ask for this year.

          Why not us! You gotta believe!

          Comment


          • Hey, I'll be rooting for them big time when the get in the playoffs. It's the NBA and a seven game series so you never know who will step up and put up a great performance. I think they can make some noise, but I'm not quite convinced they will make the Finals this year.

            Also, I think Chicago is a little tougher than you're letting on. Boozer isn't just a tough role player, he's a good scorer/rebounder. Pretty good second option for them as well. Not to mention they play great defense.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Forenci View Post
              Hey, I'll be rooting for them big time when the get in the playoffs. It's the NBA and a seven game series so you never know who will step up and put up a great performance. I think they can make some noise, but I'm not quite convinced they will make the Finals this year.

              Also, I think Chicago is a little tougher than you're letting on. Boozer isn't just a tough role player, he's a good scorer/rebounder. Pretty good second option for them as well. Not to mention they play great defense.
              I love their coach. Very underrated. Reminds me of Jeff Van Gundy. Like Jeff, he needs a basketball equivalent of an offensive coordinator though.

              We have trouble with big guys with girth. That Chicago front court isn't big enough to beat us up.

              Comment


              • The Knicks bench looks much stronger post trade.
                #Chop


                sig by BoneKrusher

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  The Knicks bench looks much stronger post trade.
                  Role players are role players. I've been saying it forever. The bench is actually worse than before the trade, but bc we have more talent on the court with Melo now, those role players are able to look better bc the floor opens up for them.

                  That's why I don't give a damn about the bench. You can always find role players. If we didn't get Melo bc we fell in love with some scrub on the bench, I would've been pissed.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                    Role players are role players. I've been saying it forever. The bench is actually worse than before the trade, but bc we have more talent on the court with Melo now, those role players are able to look better bc the floor opens up for them.

                    That's why I don't give a damn about the bench. You can always find role players. If we didn't get Melo bc we fell in love with some scrub on the bench, I would've been pissed.
                    We didn't just give up scrubs though, we gave up players who could start and guys who could easily go for 20+ on any given night. That's not a roleplayer.

                    Our bench is okay (they're playing way over their heads atm) but it's finding the starting center (Mozgof) a really good third option (Gallo/Chandler) which is going to be difficult. Hopefully we get Deron or CP3 and finding a third option becomes a moot point.

                    Again, I'm not going to rehash the argument because I'm happy Melo is here, but we're still several key players and a bench away from realistically competing for a title.
                    (shameless self-promotion)
                    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                    Comment


                    • That was also one of the smoothest game winning shots I've seen in a while.

                      How have Chandler and Gallo been for Denver?
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                        That was also one of the smoothest game winning shots I've seen in a while.

                        How have Chandler and Gallo been for Denver?
                        Gallo has been hurt, but he did well in the time he was there. Chandler has been pretty solid. Up and down, as he usually is. Nuggets have been winning a lot of games since Melo has left though.
                        (shameless self-promotion)
                        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                        Comment


                        • Gallo is hurt, Chandler I think is doing ok. Nothing to lose sleep over.

                          Jeffries play has allowed me to not miss Mozgov as much as I originally did. He's rotting on their bench too, who knows, maybe we can get him back some how?

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                            We didn't just give up scrubs though, we gave up players who could start and guys who could easily go for 20+ on any given night. That's not a roleplayer.

                            Our bench is okay (they're playing way over their heads atm) but it's finding the starting center (Mozgof) a really good third option (Gallo/Chandler) which is going to be difficult. Hopefully we get Deron or CP3 and finding a third option becomes a moot point.

                            Again, I'm not going to rehash the argument because I'm happy Melo is here, but we're still several key players and a bench away from realistically competing for a title.
                            I'm confident we'll land 1 of the 2. My guess is CP3.

                            Comment


                            • Well...I guess the Knicks picked a good time to become relevant again.

                              I'm not a baseball fan so this is all I have until football comes back.


                              And wasn't it just great that the Knicks increased ticket prices for 2012 by an average of 49%? That's just fantastic.

                              I guess my trips to the Garden are going to dramaticaly decrease now.

                              Comment


                              • I'm starting to get annoyed with the effort of this team. It's almost like they're sleep walking and just want the playoffs to start already.

                                And Dougie is significantly better than Billups at running point right now. When Chauncey runs the point, the ball stops moving, it's just a bunch of iso plays and bad choice 3s by him, when Dougie runs point we actually pass the ball around.

                                We lost last night bc of terrible defense, but also bc D'Antoni put Chauncey back in the game with 3 minutes to go, and our offense stalled with the lead.

                                I think moving forward, Douglas should run point, Chauncey should be a 2 guard who splits time with Fields. Unless he develops his chemistry quickly, we're a better team with Douglas running the point bc Chauncey just doesn't have any chemistry with anybody right now.

                                I'm not concerned about the record, I expect us to go .500 for the rest of the season bc it's going to take time for these guys to understand each other, but I want to see more progress from Billups. I know it will take time and he just came back and he's still hurt, but 2 losses to the Pacers back to back is annoying.

                                Especially when we play like that on defense. Unacceptable. They gotta get it together and play with some urgency.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information