The Official New York Knicks Team Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your asking me? Haha hate him.

no but your right he does serve that purpose... strong and not a bad defender.
    Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
    Coples is that dude.
    Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• He looks like he has downs. But the guy gives us some muscle, which we need. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Jeffries rotate.

We need to use a committee at Center. Use Shawne to sub in for Stat, and use Jeffries, Sheldon, Ronny rotation at Center.

Comment

• Yeah I like that idea, change the look for the opposing team.

All 3 of them for center are slightly undersized but if they play big then we shouldn't have a problem with anybody besides Orlando.
        Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds
        Coples is that dude.
        Go Amare. I Love Tayshaun Prince...

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards

Comment

• We know D'Antoni won't do this though. He rather go all out offense. Especially to close the game.

That's a big reason for our losing streak. Instead of putting some defenders out there to close the game, he goes all out offense.

Comment

• D'Antoni says he'll give Stat some games off once we clinch. I'd give him every game off other then 20 min in the last game.

Comment

• Good win tonight, not much to say other then when this team brings intensity it's night and day. Also nice to see Carter getting some more minutes, he does a nice job of maintaining the flow on offense.

How about Melo the past few nights? 39, 39 and 36.

EDIT: Shelden deserves a shout out as well, hopefully he can keep giving us solid minutes down the stretch.
              Last edited by TheFinisher; 03-30-2011, 10:53 PM.
              Cowboys Mock:
              1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
              2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
              3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                He looks like he has downs. But the guy gives us some muscle, which we need. I wouldn't mind seeing him and Jeffries rotate.

We need to use a committee at Center. Use Shawne to sub in for Stat, and use Jeffries, Sheldon, Ronny rotation at Center.
                lmao. that's part of the reason why I pull for the guy, I view him as the special ed kid in class who you feel bad for but there's a sense of epic win when something goes his way.
                Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                  Good win tonight, not much to say other then when this team brings intensity it's night and day. Also nice to see Carter getting some more minutes, he does a nice job of maintaining the flow on offense.

How about Melo the past few nights? 39, 39 and 36.

EDIT: Shelden deserves a shout out as well, hopefully he can keep giving us solid minutes down the stretch.
                  I'm torn. I'm happy with the W, but the first half defense was atrocious, and it shouldn't come down to Billups ripping the team at half time for them to get it together.

Plus, I'm still not a fan of how Billups runs the point.

Plus...1 rebound Stat? Really? His legs are so shot. We NEED to rest him. Just ride out Melo for 3 more games so we can clinch and rest Stat for the rest of the season.

But a win is a win, and as you said, Sheldon has been a nice surprise lately.

Comment

• Defense is improving. Chemistry is improving.

Melo is establishing himself as the 1A scorer, Stat is taking a back seat to him.

Now we need to rest Stoudemire and just go into the playoffs fresh and rested.

Comment

• Anyone really like Mikel Leshoure? im just curious because he's lookin more and more attractive at our 2nd round pick if he lasts that long.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
                        Anyone really like Mikel Leshoure? im just curious because he's lookin more and more attractive at our 2nd round pick if he lasts that long.
                        Not me, he doesn't play any defense.

On a serious note, we're peaking at the right time. The 90s Knick fan in me wants us to draw Miami, because I'll always hate Pat Riley. Melo owns Lebron and they don't have a frontcourt that can expose us. It's time for Billups to step up, if we want to be serious about making a run (and I think we can) he's gotta be a legitimate 3rd threat every night.
                        Cowboys Mock:

Comment

• lol my bad, i didnt realize it was the wrong thread

Comment

• Originally posted by TheFinisher View Post
                            Not me, he doesn't play any defense.

On a serious note, we're peaking at the right time. The 90s Knick fan in me wants us to draw Miami, because I'll always hate Pat Riley. Melo owns Lebron and they don't have a frontcourt that can expose us. It's time for Billups to step up, if we want to be serious about making a run (and I think we can) he's gotta be a legitimate 3rd threat every night.
                            I tell you what....I think we have a shot. I really do. It's going to be hard, but seriously, why not us?

Why not us? We don't have to worry about Dwight Howard, and the road to Chicago goes through Miami and Boston, both of whom have big man issues right now.

They both scare me a lot bc I think they're the 2 best teams in the East, but we have a puncher's chance against both of them.

And our defense has gradually improved. Why not us?

I've been saying it ever since we traded for Melo. Why not us? We have a chance.

Comment

• We can always believe. You gotta believe!

Realistically...we lose in 6. But you never know. I know I'll be rooting hard. The road to the Finals is tough for us, we have to go through Boston, then Miami, then Chicago. Serious doubts about that, but I look at this round of playoffs as a learning experience for Melo and Stat.

Get that experience together, feel the intensity of a NY playoff atmosphere, and get back on it next year. In the mean time, gotta believe. I'm rockin the blue and orange all f'in week starting Sunday.

Comment

• Just a little something to get you hyped for tip off

Cowboys Mock:

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information