The Official New York Knicks Team Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LTgiants View Post
    I don't see us keeping anyone but Shawne Williams out of our fa crop.

I liked Sheldon but D'antoni barely gave him a chance.
    *Sigh*....I hate D'Antoni.

I'm scared of a post Walsh era where we completely redo our bench...it's a scary thought. Bc you know Isiah is going to have a say.

:(

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      *Sigh*....I hate D'Antoni.

I'm scared of a post Walsh era where we completely redo our bench...it's a scary thought. Bc you know Isiah is going to have a say.

:(
      I'm scared cause I fear that our management staff is going to basically be a puppet regime ran by CAA.

Comment

I'm scared cause I fear that our management staff is going to basically be a puppet regime ran by CAA.
        It probably will be.

Depressing. It makes you feel like we will never be relevant as long as Dolan is around. And he'll be around for a long long time.

Comment

It probably will be.

Depressing. It makes you feel like we will never be relevant as long as Dolan is around. And he'll be around for a long long time.
          Ya we are kind of stuck at a competitive disadvantage with Dolan.

Comment

Ya we are kind of stuck at a competitive disadvantage with Dolan.
            I feel like we're the Raiders of basketball with him. It's so sad. It's almost like he purposely does the exact opposite of what common sense tells him to do.

We just have to hope that Stat and Melo are talented enough together that they can overcome all the future Dolan wtf moments that are about to come our way.

Comment

I feel like we're the Raiders of basketball with him. It's so sad. It's almost like he purposely does the exact opposite of what common sense tells him to do.

We just have to hope that Stat and Melo are talented enough together that they can overcome all the future Dolan wtf moments that are about to come our way.
              Al Davis at least has a excuse he is old and senile.

Pretty much right now all the Knicks can do is hope the new CBA is going to be generous to them.

Comment

Al Davis at least has a excuse he is old and senile.

Pretty much right now all the Knicks can do is hope the new CBA is going to be generous to them.
                It doesn't sound like it will be. One of the main issues is owners want a hard cap, and a hard cap would royally screw the Knicks (or any big market team for that matter).

I think we're in for a long lock out. I doubt we'll have a full season this year.

Comment

• Which is another reason why I didnt want to go and form another big 3

Comment

• If we don't form a big 3 though, then you can't help but think that our approach has been flawed. We got the wrong 2nd superstar. We need a stud PG to make this work, bc right now we have the same problem that Miami has with Lebron and Wade.

If we go the 2 superstar approach, we need to trade either Melo or Stat for a Deron or CP3. Bc right now we don't have that ying/yang chemistry you need out of the 2 superstar approach.

Comment

• Our approach has been flawed. Now you are stuck in a position that you don't want to be in.

Comment

• Anyone think we should make a play for Monta Ellis? He wants out of Golden St, maybe we could send Billups + future 1st.
                        Cowboys Mock:
                        1. Myles Jack | LB | UCLA
                        2. Vernon Butler | DT | LA Tech
                        3. Karl Joseph | SS | WVU

Comment

• Billups and a 1st wouldn't be enough to get him. And honestly, I don't want him. No defense.

I want Felton back. If we can't get CP3 I would absolutely love to bring back Felton when his contract expires after this season.

I don't see that happening though.

Random thought: If we let go of D'Antoni, I'd like for us to hire Bill Lambeer. The guy would bring that Tom Thibidou (sp) style to this team, and that's the type of basketball I always preferred. I'm not a fan of D'Antoni's style. I always liked the Van Gundy/Riley/Thibidou/Carlisle style of basketball.

Comment

• Hell no to Ellis

I doubt Felton would want to come back here if Portland lets him walk

Rather have a coach with NBA experience

Comment

Hell no to Ellis

I doubt Felton would want to come back here if Portland lets him walk

Rather have a coach with NBA experience
                              Money talks. You never know.

It's a tough call in regards to a coach with experience vs an up and comer. Unless a Phil Jackson or Doc Rivers type of coach is available, is it really necessary to grab the guy with experience?

Guys like Van Gundy and Thibodou were great coaches who didn't have experience when they first started. You never know until you give a guy a chance.

I think Lambeer would be credible bc he does have HC experience (I know the wnba but still..), he has credibility as a former player on a championship team who is well respected for his past, and he brings the brand of basketball that I personally prefer. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

He wanted the Knicks HC position in the past too, supposedly badly. I'd be lying to you if I told you I knew all the good candidates out there, but his name does intrigue me, and he fits the bill on paper in my eyes.

I'd like to see him get a shot in the NBA regardless, whether its with us or with someone else.

Comment

Money talks. You never know.

It's a tough call in regards to a coach with experience vs an up and comer. Unless a Phil Jackson or Doc Rivers type of coach is available, is it really necessary to grab the guy with experience?

Guys like Van Gundy and Thibodou were great coaches who didn't have experience when they first started. You never know until you give a guy a chance.

I think Lambeer would be credible bc he does have HC experience (I know the wnba but still..), he has credibility as a former player on a championship team who is well respected for his past, and he brings the brand of basketball that I personally prefer. I wouldn't mind giving him a shot.

He wanted the Knicks HC position in the past too, supposedly badly. I'd be lying to you if I told you I knew all the good candidates out there, but his name does intrigue me, and he fits the bill on paper in my eyes.

I'd like to see him get a shot in the NBA regardless, whether its with us or with someone else.
                                You would probably have to severely over pay him to bring him back in under to make up dealing after half a season.

Lambieer only got a interview with the Knicks cause of Isiah.

If your goal is to bring in a coach with no NBA head coach experience I would rather bring in Patrick Ewing. Who wants to be a head coach badly as well and he is one of the best big man coaches in the NBA look at how much he helped guys like Yao and Dwight.

It is usually better to bring in a guy with head coach experience in the NBA then grabbing a college coach or a guy who has never coached men. The difference between JVG and Thibs is they were assistant coaches in the NBA for years just like Ewing is now. Unlike Lambieer who has no NBA experience at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information