No announcement yet.

The Official New York Knicks Team Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a huge NBA fan but if the Knicks got Carmelo I'd certainly watch them a lot more than I do now. I'm definitely a bandwagoner when it comes to the Knicks doing well. I only have so much fandom in me for all my other teams.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
      Carmelo SO wants to be a Knick.

I can taste him guys. I can ****** taste him.

Melo and Amare. It's time to get excited about Knick basketball again.
      Yeah Melo will be sweet. I really hope he waits it out for FA and doesn't accept a trade to some other team. Melo, Amare and Gallo with a standing offer of AR, Felton and whichever first round picks we can trade to New Orleans for CP3 would give us a chance to actually beat the Heat.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Every day that passes makes us one step closer to getting Melo.

We need to root for Derrick Favors to struggle.

Tonight @ BOS will be a great test. They don't look like they've lost a step at all so I'm expecting a W but keeping it close would be encouraging.

Felton - Rondo is the matchup I'm most interested in.
        "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

I demand an apology by BBD to Danilo Gallinari! He was fantastic against the Bulls tonight. How can you not love him? Solid defender, solid passer, good scorer, and tries hard every night. He and Toney Douglas both dominated.

I mentioned it in the NBA thread but I LOVE our bench. Douglas, Chandler, Turiaf, and when Randolph gets healthier and Azubuike plays we should be really set for the bench. He's starting now, but even Fields looks like a good defender and an impressive athlete. We just need to get another star and we could be a really good team.
          (shameless self-promotion)
          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Gallo can score 50 and I doubt bbd would compliment him

Comment

Oh please. Did we forget how he sucked ass the 2 games before that? I want to see him do that for more than just a game here and there.

I do agree that I like our bench though. I want Turiaf starting, Chandler is great energy off the bench, Douglas is solid. I don't like Fields all that much, he shouldn't start.

We need a dog inside in the worst way though. We need a shot blocker/rebounder so bad.

I love Amare, but good God does he suck on defense. Part of me is worried that with him and Melo, our front court will be one of the softest in the league.

You almost can't have those 2 plaing inside together. It's a disaster on the defensive end. I wish we could trade Amare and Felton for Paul and a big body rebounder. Then trade Gallo and whatever else for Anthony, but I know that's not happening.

Comment

He did suck, but a lot of players (particularly shooters) get off to poor starts. Gallinari is probably our best defender too, which is half depressing. I actually felt like Amar'e wasn't too bad defensively. He's not a shot blocker or anything, but he's improved from how bad he used to be with the Suns.

I have to say, Mosgov actually didn't look terrible last night either. He's been awful the first few games, but he can run the floor well for a 7'1 guy and has long reach. If he can develop defensively for us that'd be a huge plus. I know the coaching staff is pretty high on him.

Fields isn't that great as you mentioned, but he's athletic and can play defense.

Comment

I think we'll get a better idea of this team after about 20 games. They're still gelling and creating an identity.

I do like that the defensive intensity is picking up. We're tall too, which is a breath of fresh air.

We need a dog in the front court in the worst worst way. There's gotta be someone out there we can trade for.

Comment

Too many jump shots from this team. I don't like how we take so many jump shots.

I love our length. We may not be a championship team, but this is definitely a playoff team. Our length is going to give opponents trouble. We have too many SFs though, we need to move one for a SG.

Amare is starting to tick me off too. Be explosive. Dunk it. Drive to the hoop. Have a clue on defense. Get your head out of your ass.

Comment

Oh and Randolph is playing like ass cheeks. I'm willing to give him time though, he's so young, he needs more reps.

But he has to chill with his recklessness.

Comment

I really really really like the length we have on our team right now. And I love our tenacity on defense.

Part of me wants Chris Paul more than Carmelo Anthony. We have too many SFs as is. Felton + Chandler + a 1st for Chris Paul?

Yes?

We need a stud in the backcourt.

Comment

I really really really like the length we have on our team right now. And I love our tenacity on defense.

Part of me wants Chris Paul more than Carmelo Anthony. We have too many SFs as is. Felton + Chandler + a 1st for Chris Paul?

Yes?

We need a stud in the backcourt.
                          Doubt that has much of a benefit to New Orleans, especially since we have very few first round picks in the near future.

I'm with you though about CP3. He's one of my favorites in the league by far. Could you imagine CP3 and Amar'e running the pick and roll? They would be unstoppable.

Also, I think Amar'e will get it going soon. Once and Felton get their timing down in the pick and roll it will be impossible to stop Amar'e. They started to get a feel for it last night too.

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                            Doubt that has much of a benefit to New Orleans, especially since we have very few first round picks in the near future.

I'm with you though about CP3. He's one of my favorites in the league by far. Could you imagine CP3 and Amar'e running the pick and roll? They would be unstoppable.

Also, I think Amar'e will get it going soon. Once and Felton get their timing down in the pick and roll it will be impossible to stop Amar'e. They started to get a feel for it last night too.
                            I personally feel that CP3 is the best PG in the league.

And I always felt that Amare is better than Bosh. I had a mancrush on Amare for awhile, it's a shame that his explosion is gone though. The old Amare would just dunk over everyone. Now you barely see him attack the basket like that anymore.

The thing is, he still can, he just doesn't. Not like before, but he can still attack the basket if he wanted. He needs that ferocity back.

Comment

I personally feel that CP3 is the best PG in the league.

And I always felt that Amare is better than Bosh. I had a mancrush on Amare for awhile, it's a shame that his explosion is gone though. The old Amare would just dunk over everyone. Now you barely see him attack the basket like that anymore.

The thing is, he still can, he just doesn't. Not like before, but he can still attack the basket if he wanted. He needs that ferocity back.
                              I just think he's struggling to create his own shot right now. Usually Nash would give him great looks and he'd just throw down all the time. I'm confident as Felton learns the offense and he and Amar'e play more you will see Amar'e start to throw down some awesome dunks. He had a couple of amazing jams in the first game of the year.

I agree with you about CP3 though. His injuries scare me a little, but for my money he's easily the best PG in the league. No one passes the ball better than him. He can average 20-10 with almost no turnovers, plus he creates a ton of turnovers against the opposing team with his steals.

I would pay good money to see him lobbing alley oops to Amar'e. Would be a sight to see.

Comment

Would it really be possible for the Knicks to still sign CP3 and Melo?
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information