Perry Fewell, New DC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perry Fewell, New DC

Just found out on ESPN. Former Buffalo Bills DC and interim HC Perry Fewell has been made the new Giants DC. Thought you guys would be interested.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Well, I hope he doesn't expect to run the same D as Buffalo

Edit: article http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4825410

Comment

I don't like this. Doesn't he only run a Cover 2 base defense?
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

I don't think he is that bad of a pick up he will have alot better talent to work with the G-Men.

Comment

I'm furious right now. Livid. Every word for pissed off you can think of.

This is terrible. I hate Cover 2. I despise Cover 2. This was a horrible hire. It doesn't fit our team at all. If this doesn't work, Coughlin should get fired next year.

I don't even want to talk about defense until after next year is over. I'm disgusted right now. I just hope our offense can carry us. I'm sick to my stomach right now.

Comment

Our 2 best corners are both physical man to man guys and yet we hire Fewell. He better change his ways.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

He won't. They never do. As a coordinator, you can't just change your ways, you do what you like doing and thats that.

We've been down this road with Sheridan. You can't ask a guy to run another guy's system. They're gonna run what they like. Bc thats what they know.

Our defense is going to suck next year.

Comment

Well your DBs should have a lot of picks now. And you will be drafting 8 DBs a year now too.

Comment

Why do we insist on hiring guys that go against our personnel? Makes 0 sense.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Guys you are overreacting to the Cover 2 thing.

We are not running the scheme that Tampa or Indy runs. There will be elements of that scheme implemented but if you watch what we did under Spags, we ran some cover 2 every week.
                      Originally posted by Paul
                      Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
                      Originally posted by Vikes99ej
                      These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                        Guys you are overreacting to the Cover 2 thing.

We are not running the scheme that Tampa or Indy runs. There will be elements of that scheme implemented but if you watch what we did under Spags, we ran some cover 2 every week.
                        How could you possibly know this? We have to look at the track record of Fewell and he runs the system that Lovie Smith ran. There will be some man obviously but the majority will be that zone. If he changes great but I just don't see it.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          I'm furious right now. Livid. Every word for pissed off you can think of.

This is terrible. I hate Cover 2. I despise Cover 2. This was a horrible hire. It doesn't fit our team at all. If this doesn't work, Coughlin should get fired next year.

I don't even want to talk about defense until after next year is over. I'm disgusted right now. I just hope our offense can carry us. I'm sick to my stomach right now.
                          Relax, heh. I'm not thrilled about it but I'm going to give him a chance and see what he can do. Plus I thought a lot of the Bills players really liked him? Or am I mistaken there?

Either way I'm taking the wait and see approach. Like Jughead said, he's not a Tampa 2 guy by any means.

I'm curious to know his philosophy on blitzing and his pressure schemes.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Of course I'm going to give him a chance but on first glance I don't like it. Isn't he a booth guy also which as we know our players have a problem with?
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I won't believe it until I see the product on the field. We've all heard Sheridan say this and that, and when the time came to step up to the plate, did something different.

So even when Fewell says all the right things at his press conference, I won't care. I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not expecting to be pleased, thats all I know right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information