Mike Mayocks OLB Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    If Wilk is going to start on the weakside, the Giants were talking to Stewart Bradley at the Senior Bowl. He is basically the only prototypical SLB in the draft.
    But i dont see that happening in the first round.. Also, I wonder if the Wilk thing true, or a smoke screen. Also, if it is true, than I wonder who they have in mind. I read somewhere Jarrett was brought in for a workout, so get ready for anything come draft day.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
      But i dont see that happening in the first round.. Also, I wonder if the Wilk thing true, or a smoke screen. Also, if it is true, than I wonder who they have in mind. I read somewhere Jarrett was brought in for a workout, so get ready for anything come draft day.
      No he isn't a first rounder. But with him seeming to be a commodity because he is one of a kind in this draft, he might go earlier than he should. I think as of right now he will be going somewhere in the early to mid 3rd round. If he is there when our pick in round 3 comes around I would grab him if we haven't picked up a LB yet. If the Giants truly covet him, they might have to pull the trigger in the second.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
        No he isn't a first rounder. But with him seeming to be a commodity because he is one of a kind in this draft, he might go earlier than he should. I think as of right now he will be going somewhere in the early to mid 3rd round. If he is there when our pick in round 3 comes around I would grab him if we haven't picked up a LB yet. If the Giants truly covet him, they might have to pull the trigger in the second.
        jug do you think the cb talent is good enough to draft in the 1st? i think we cant get the same thing in the 2nd round. maybe we should trade into the later 1st and take the best LB that falls to us and acquire some picks. then take a DB in round 2. what do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by hugepunch View Post
          jug do you think the cb talent is good enough to draft in the 1st? i think we cant get the same thing in the 2nd round. maybe we should trade into the later 1st and take the best LB that falls to us and acquire some picks. then take a DB in round 2. what do you think?
          Unless we make some mid level free agent signings before the draft (some good DTs still out there), I would like to aquire more picks as well. You have to see how the draft falls though during the day.

Comment

If Beason isn't a good blitzer, and has durability concerns like the scout report says, then I doubt we get him. Those are 2 red flags. Spags will blitz alot, and Reese is shying away from injury prone guys I believe.

Right now, I think my favorite OLB is Willis. Followed by Poz/Timmons. I haven't made an official ranking of my own of those 3 yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBlue58KiperIII View Post
              If we dont move Kiwi to SAM we need to fill that void and i still have Patrick Willis as the best pick for us there because I'm higher on him than most and feel he can play outside, the strongside in our alignment
              Well, I think a lot of people feel the same about Patrick Willis, I just think we don't have any chance to get him with so many teams that could use a good inside or outside linebacker before us.

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              If Beason isn't a good blitzer, and has durability concerns like the scout report says, then I doubt we get him. Those are 2 red flags. Spags will blitz alot, and Reese is shying away from injury prone guys I believe.

Right now, I think my favorite OLB is Willis. Followed by Poz/Timmons. I haven't made an official ranking of my own of those 3 yet.

I agree, if Beason isn't a great blitzer, it would be a waste to get him with a blitz heavy defense. I love Posluszny for that reason, but I also don't mind if we go for Tim Shaw in a later round or get Timmons as he is a great blitzer also.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                Well, I think a lot of people feel the same about Patrick Willis, I just think we don't have any chance to get him with so many teams that could use a good inside or outside linebacker before us.

I agree, if Beason isn't a great blitzer, it would be a waste to get him with a blitz heavy defense. I love Posluszny for that reason, but I also don't mind if we go for Tim Shaw in a later round or get Timmons as he is a great blitzer also.
                Tim Shaw is a sleeper.

Comment

There are a lot of varying opinions on Willis, and as we get closer to draft day i think he may be gone as well but if he isnt i think he needs to be the pick. Some "experts" still have him falling to the late 1st but i want him with our pick
                  Orlovsky, Fincher - UConn football '05 Draft
                  Deon Anderson, FB - 6th Round 195th overall 07' Draft - Cowboys
                  2008 UConn draft picks - Tyvon Branch CB - 4th Round 100th overall - Raiders and Donald Thomas G - 6th round 195 overall - Dolphins
                  2009 UConn Draft picks? Darius Butler, CB, Cody Brown, DE, Will Beatty, OT
                  2007 Co-Big East Champs

Donald Brown 2008 D-1 rushing title

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information