No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eli the prospect was better than Luck or Bradford to be honest. Eli the NFL qb? Remains to be seen. But Eli the prospect was amazing.

I had Ben rated highly as well. Didn't rate Rivers too high, was never a huge fan, I liked him but I thought Eli and Ben were both a notch above him.

To be fair, I was all over Brady Quinn's nuts when he came out.....yeah....not my best call there...

Comment

• I'm still hoping for Derek Sherrod, he might fall right to our pick if some of the higher upside guys can get some great momentum in the offseason, kinda like Bulaga did last year...please...I actually like the RT class in general, there's very little in the way of LTs, but there are some really good RTs to be had and we could find a long term starter. Sherrod/Carimi/Love/Cannon/etc. and Snee would be a dominant right side that would re-create our running game really fast. Get rid of O'Hara with Seubert, Koets or a later pick and our OL would be pretty beastly in the running game once again.

Our D could certainly use a corner but this corner class is deep so we could find a nice player like we did with TT and C-web in the second round. If we re-sign Cofield and integrate Joseph our DL should hold up much better since a lack of DT depth wore Canty and our DL out. That's why our D fell apart down the stretch, over the course of the game we became the more beaten up team and that's not what we can let happen. So I'd still look for a DT but DT is also a remarkably deep position this year so I wouldn't be opposed to waiting here as well.

I can't really argue against a LB except that I think guys like Boley got worn out as well because of DL wearing out. Him and Goff is a duo I'd be fine with if our DL holds up better next year. At SAM Sintim needs to be the starter next year and if he's not ready we need to make a move be it through FA, with a legit starter like we did with Boley and not with an over the hill vet like Bulluck, or the draft.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        Eli the prospect was better than Luck or Bradford to be honest. Eli the NFL qb? Remains to be seen. But Eli the prospect was amazing.

I had Ben rated highly as well. Didn't rate Rivers too high, was never a huge fan, I liked him but I thought Eli and Ben were both a notch above him.

To be fair, I was all over Brady Quinn's nuts when he came out.....yeah....not my best call there...
        Eli the prospect didn't have to run a system where you need a PHd to be a WR.

Comment

• Well Luck goes to Stanford so maybe he can do a better job in this system. Trade Eli and get Luck.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Trade the system and get a new one. Or get phd WR coach to teach our WRs.

Comment

• Ok guys. Haha.

On a serious note though, Eli is 30 now. that means realistically, he has another 5 years in him. His window is closing.

Comment

• Question: if Marcell Dareus were to start slipping into the 15-20 range, what do you think are the chances that Jerry Reese trades up a few spots and pounces on him?

Comment

• I know we all hate the offense but it hasn't been the problem the last 2 years. The collapse in the Eagles game was 95% on the defense and all of last year Eli and the offense carried the team.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Ok guys. Haha.

On a serious note though, Eli is 30 now. that means realistically, he has another 5 years in him. His window is closing.
                    Not if we keep surrounding him with talent. I think 5-7 years is realistic.

Comment

• all Eli needs are some wrangler jeans commercials, some nudie cell phone pics, pain killer addictions and he'll play like another 10 years!
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Does anyone really see Peyton going away within the next 5 years? I think Eli will outplay Peyton so I wouldn't even worry about him til he's 35 unless he ever actually has to miss a game due to injury. Simplify the offense a little, fix the OL, keep stocking up the D, figure out someway to get a stud in at the SAM, special teams shouldn't ride the short bus to games and we'll be golden.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                        JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                        Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                        Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Ok guys. Haha.

I don't know why Reese won't get him a legit TE that he can count on. Even a guy like Moeaki would have been the sex for your team. Boss makes it count when he gets a shot, but a TE that could really be a threat in the passing game and a safety valve would cut down on his INT numbers quite a bit I think.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• We wouldn't use a TE in that way in this offense anway so it would just be a waste. We like keeping our TE's in to block more often than not.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              We wouldn't use a TE in that way in this offense anway so it would just be a waste. We like keeping our TE's in to block more often than not.
                              That's what I was saying is that I wished you guys would buck that trend. Eli works brilliantly with a guy who runs routes and knows where he will be, if he got to utilize a safety valve in a reliable TE like that who could run great routes it would probably do wonders for him.

Romo would throw 20 picks a season if we didn't have Witten. Easily.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I would love to see it happen I'm just not getting my hopes up. We'll all praying someone finally hired Gilbride so we could hire Banning for OC.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information