Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    That's what I was saying is that I wished you guys would buck that trend. Eli works brilliantly with a guy who runs routes and knows where he will be, if he got to utilize a safety valve in a reliable TE like that who could run great routes it would probably do wonders for him.


    Romo would throw 20 picks a season if we didn't have Witten. Easily.
    That's the thing. IN our system, our WRs rules are very complex. Smith is the doctor of it and has mastered it. But going back to Shockey, Toomer, and Plax, they all ran wrong routes then. And now everyone else does except for Smith, and sometimes here and there he may.

    I imagine a system where Eli can throw a pass and know for 100000% that the guy will be there. I wish for that to happen.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
      That's the thing. IN our system, our WRs rules are very complex. Smith is the doctor of it and has mastered it. But going back to Shockey, Toomer, and Plax, they all ran wrong routes then. And now everyone else does except for Smith, and sometimes here and there he may.

      I imagine a system where Eli can throw a pass and know for 100000% that the guy will be there. I wish for that to happen.


      Is size into the equation as well or they can all be smaller guys? Because Barden never seemed like that guy. Also if you wanted to run a type of season like that you could probably get away with picking some guys up late where that's what they are known for. Davone Bess wasn't even drafted and he would be incredible in your offense with Eli.





      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

      Comment


      • I heard on the radio this morning we might invite Plax to camp next summer.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          I heard on the radio this morning we might invite Plax to camp next summer.
          I have no problem with bringing him back. I would love to see him back quite honestly.

          Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          I don't know why Reese won't get him a legit TE that he can count on. Even a guy like Moeaki would have been the sex for your team. Boss makes it count when he gets a shot, but a TE that could really be a threat in the passing game and a safety valve would cut down on his INT numbers quite a bit I think.

          We've all been wishing for this for quite some time, but realistically it's just not happening under Coughlin. He doesn't use the TE.

          Like Boss said, I just want a system that allows Eli to know that his WRs will be in the right place for him. As long as we run this choice route offense, Eli will chuck up an inordinate amount of INTs. It just comes with the territory. The system is too complex, but we'll always have it until Gilbride or who knows, maybe Coughlin is gone.

          I feel like we're wasting away the prime of his career with this system. Having that said, I still think he'd do great this year if Smith was healthy.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            I would love to see it happen I'm just not getting my hopes up. We'll all praying someone finally hired Gilbride so we could hire Banning for OC.
            LOL. I want no part of being a coordinator. I like being a position coach. No one bothers you or rips on you. No media obligations and you can do your thing. Look at Pope the TE coach. Great TE coach and can always get a job due to reputation.

            Maybe HS I may, but still, I like coaching a position.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              Is size into the equation as well or they can all be smaller guys? Because Barden never seemed like that guy. Also if you wanted to run a type of season like that you could probably get away with picking some guys up late where that's what they are known for. Davone Bess wasn't even drafted and he would be incredible in your offense with Eli.
              Bess would need to know the WR rules. It doesn't matter who we have. We could have Austin and Dez. Add them to Jackson and Smith, and Nicks. Give us an all star cast, if they have no idea what they are doing people blame the QB. Our WR rules are complex which cases Eli to pass left, and our WRs run right. So after the play, you see Eli make hand gestures to where the WR should go. He was doing that a lot this year.

              We need Steve Smith and clone him basically.

              Comment



              • I want him so bad <3

                SPLOOSH

                Comment


                • I can totally see the Giants taking Cameron Heyward come draft day. He sounds like a BPA type that the Giants would go after.

                  1. We have a need at DT, and while Heyward's best fit is 34 DE, he can move inside to DT and rush the passer.

                  2. He is versatile and can play inside and outside, something the Giants love. Also gives us more flexibility to moving to a 3-4 in the future if the franchise wants to go in that direction.

                  3. He's an incredible talent, and he's dline. You know the Giants love dline.

                  4. Wouldn't surprise me at all if we go into the pick with a similar scenario as last year, where the positions we want (LB and Oline) simply don't have the quality player worth the 19th pick. And Reese hasn't had any history of moving back in the draft yet. That opens the door for a Heyward like pick, that addresses a lesser need with a better quality player.

                  I personally wouldn't mind the pick at all. I love Heyward. I think he's going to be a great player. We're desperately missing a pass rushing presence at DT for quite some time. Imagine the duo of Joseph and Heyward inside for the next 5 years with JPP and Tuck/Osi on the outside? That would be insane.
                  Last edited by bigbluedefense; 01-06-2011, 06:58 AM.

                  Comment


                  • I almost wish we were picking in the top 5 in this draft. Nick Fairley would be the absolute perfect fit for this team but unfortunately we have no shot. If we can get Drake Nevis in the 2nd I'd be all for that as well.
                    #Chop


                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      I almost wish we were picking in the top 5 in this draft. Nick Fairley would be the absolute perfect fit for this team but unfortunately we have no shot. If we can get Drake Nevis in the 2nd I'd be all for that as well.
                      Not a big Heyward fan?

                      I'm a Nevis fan, but if we're going to take him, it seems like we have to grab him in the 1st.

                      Fairley wouldve been nice.

                      Comment


                      • I tell you what, another name that is really standing out on tape to me is Gabe Carimi.

                        I know he has a late 1st grade to him, but I'm really digging him at 19. Dude is a beast of a run blocker, and he has underrated pass protection. Strong as an ox too.

                        Reminds me of Jake Long in some ways. I'd love Carimi with 19. Worst case scenario I can see this guy developing into a monster RT.

                        But I personally think he's got a lot of potential as a LT. I'm really digging this guy right now.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          Not a big Heyward fan?

                          I'm a Nevis fan, but if we're going to take him, it seems like we have to grab him in the 1st.

                          Fairley wouldve been nice.
                          I like both Heyward and Watt. They are both very versatile and can line up anywhere on the line. It wouldn't hurt to have another Tuck like DE if we're not going to sign or draft another DT.
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            I like both Heyward and Watt. They are both very versatile and can line up anywhere on the line. It wouldn't hurt to have another Tuck like DE if we're not going to sign or draft another DT.
                            Thoughts on Gabe?

                            Right now, a mock that gets us Gabe in the 1st and O'Dowd in the 2nd looks pretty good to me.

                            Comment


                            • Looks like Lewis is going back to school. So There goes that dream...


                              A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

                              Originally posted by Forenci
                              JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.

                              Comment


                              • I feel like since this draft has so many DL prospects I can see us drafting another DE or a DT. Maybe let Kiwi go, draft another DE and run with Tuck, Osi, JPP, Rookie and Tolly. That would basically signify Osi is going to play out his contract and then JPP and Rookie fight it out. Tuck can get rested more too. However, I really hope we actually go another position.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information