The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    I tell you what, another name that is really standing out on tape to me is Gabe Carimi.

I know he has a late 1st grade to him, but I'm really digging him at 19. Dude is a beast of a run blocker, and he has underrated pass protection. Strong as an ox too.

Reminds me of Jake Long in some ways. I'd love Carimi with 19. Worst case scenario I can see this guy developing into a monster RT.

But I personally think he's got a lot of potential as a LT. I'm really digging this guy right now.
    Yeah, Carimi has been my second favorite pick for us for a little while now, although I see him as the successor to McKenzie as our rock at RT next to Snee for years and not like a Jake Long style LT. I'm still hoping for Sherrod just because I love the guy and think he could be a standout LT as well as RT, but if he's gone I wouldn't be upset with us taking Carimi instead. With a Snee-Carimi/Sherrod combo on the right and no more Shaun O'Hara I think our OL would be back in a big way next year and our running game could be dominant again.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Does anyone feel like Beatty fits better at RT? The more I think about it he reminds me of a Kareem McKenzie clone.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I dunno. He's so small. I don't know how I feel about Beatty yet. I was hating him early in the year, he was absolutely terrible, but then he did ok as the year went on.

Do you pass on a guy like Carimi bc you have faith in Beatty? That's tough.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
          I dunno. He's so small. I don't know how I feel about Beatty yet. I was hating him early in the year, he was absolutely terrible, but then he did ok as the year went on.

Do you pass on a guy like Carimi bc you have faith in Beatty? That's tough.
          If he can add like 10 more pounds he'd probably be around the exact same weight as Kareem. They're both 6'6 also I believe. Well it depends on where we think Carimi fits best. If we have both of them and use them both as our future bookends I wouldn't mind it.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            If he can add like 10 more pounds he'd probably be around the exact same weight as Kareem. They're both 6'6 also I believe. Well it depends on where we think Carimi fits best. If we have both of them and use them both as our future bookends I wouldn't mind it.
            I wouldn't mind that. I personally would give Carimi a shot at LT if we did draft him, but most are saying he's purely a RT.

I think getting a guy like Carimi in the 1st and getting O'Dowd in the 2nd would fortify our oline for a long time.

But by doing that, we once again ignore LB for another year. Which is frustrating.

But as it stands right now, I just don't see any LBs that I really like.

Comment

• Unfortunately for us this isn't the year for an early big time LB. Maybe our scouts can unearth one in the later rounds somehow. I wouldn't mind another DT or even another DE that can play both inside and out like Heyward and Watt.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Eh, I like Carimi but it would be a big mistake to rely on him as a left tackle. I just don't think he can be one, unfortunately.

Like Rosebud, I'm a big Sherrod fan. Realistically, he's my favorite pick for us as of now. After that it gets tricky and there is going to be a lot in the pre-draft all-star games and work outs.
                (shameless self-promotion)
                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• The only guy I see that maaaaybe has what we need is Bruce Carter. But I really didn't like him from first impression. Took too many bad angles, and didn't tackle well.

Sturivant (spelling) is too slow. Jones is like 220 lbs soaking wet and probably 5 9", or else he'd be great.

I'm starting to think it's oline or dline in the 1st. BPA. Just no more pure DEs. We have enough of those. If we go hybrid like Heyward or Watt, fine. But I don't want to see us go after a pure 260 lb DE. That would piss me off.

Comment

• Cam Heyward would be an interesting selection. He absolutely destroyed DeMarcus Love (potential first round player) in the Sugar Bowl and basically took over that game defensively.

Comment

• I know we're far away but this might be the most interesting draft under Reese yet. We'll obviously have a better idea of what we're going to do after FA though if that happens.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Hell, what if Ingram is there? With our RB issues, and his ties to the Giants, do you think it's possible it happens?

There's so many possibilities right now. It sounds like the Maras want a linebacker, I hope they don't force the issue though and compromise our ability to get a higher graded player.

Comment

• Here's something to think about. Mark Herzlich. I think he falls to the 3rd or 4th round bc of his health concerns.

Do we gamble?

He can be our Urlacher if he ever recaptures his form. And you wanna talk about leadership? This guy has it. Everyone would rally around him.

Obviously the health concerns are a HUGE factor. But I'm just throwing it out there.

Actually, he's more like Lawrence Timmons. Which is also great of course.
                          Last edited by bigbluedefense; 01-06-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                            Eh, I like Carimi but it would be a big mistake to rely on him as a left tackle. I just don't think he can be one, unfortunately.

Like Rosebud, I'm a big Sherrod fan. Realistically, he's my favorite pick for us as of now. After that it gets tricky and there is going to be a lot in the pre-draft all-star games and work outs.

How do you feel about Tyron Smith? Very athletic, high ceiling, ability to play LT or RT, he's my option #1 for Dallas if we can trade down somewhere into the teens. I like him more then Sherrod and I really like Sherrod also.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              How do you feel about Tyron Smith? Very athletic, high ceiling, ability to play LT or RT, he's my option #1 for Dallas if we can trade down somewhere into the teens. I like him more then Sherrod and I really like Sherrod also.
                              I like Smith. Really the biggest concern with him is size. He needs to add quite a bit of weight. Right now he's barely bigger than some DE's in the NFL. If he can add some more weight and retain most his athleticism and quickness he could be a great player.

Comment

• So if we do that then we basically kick David D inside, and go from there with Beatty as the backup. I hope we still address center at some point..

1. O'hara
                                2. Rich S
                                3. Koets
                                4. Boothe

That's not really what I want.. 2 older hurt guys, and 2 inexperienced guys..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information