No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mayock is a draft nerd basically. My favorite draft expert. Something about when he speaks and how he talks about each prospect it makes you feel comfortable with what he is saying.

I don't watch college football either so I don't even bother rating players because I know I can't do a good job without real game film. So why bother? So I just look at draft sites, and wait until Mayock gives his opinion.

Comment

• Letting someone else tell you who's good takes all the fun out of it. It's the offseason, this is a nice way of killing time until the season starts up again.

I probably won't dwell on the draft as much as I used to though bc the Knicks will hold it down for me in the offseason now. I had that void for the past 10 years, but my Knicks are finally back in business, so I'll probably focus on the Knicks a lot more now when the football season is over.

I'm actually a bigger Knicks fan than a Giants fan, it's just you guys haven't seen it bc the Knicks have been so awful. And unlike football, basketball doesn't have the same parity or offseason hope that football has so it's hard to stay passionate when your team was as horrible as the Knicks were.

Comment

• Haha, glad to see you guys love Mayock too. I'm a huge fan and he's the main reason I only watch the draft on NFL Network (in addition to Rich Eisen being hilarious).

Damn, I can't wait for the Senior Bowl and Combine..
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Now that I switched to Dish Network and get NFL network, I barely watch ESPN anymore. NFL network's coverage of the draft is lightyears ahead of ESPN.

I put a lot of weight into the Senior Bowl. I know a lot of people view the practices as more important than the game, but I put a lot of emphasis on the game. I usually fall in love with a couple of prospects from that game. That's where I grew a hard on for Geno Atkins, Clay Matthews, Sean Witherspoon, Brandon Graham, and plenty of others.

I love the Senior Bowl.

Comment

• I need to switch to a company that has NFL Network, I hate ESPN

SPLOOSH

Comment

• What's everyone's thoughts on Jared Gaither? He's on the market. I question his work ethic and that back scares me. But if healthy, he's a beast of a LT.

Dare we take a gamble on him?

Comment

• Naa we already have Shawn Andrews. They're very similar but we don't have to give up anything for Andrews.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Good point.

I'm iffy on Gaither. I wanted him coming out and was kinda pissed that we didn't give up a 5th to get him. As a player on the field, I love the guy, but the baggage scares me a lot. I don't know how Id feel if we did indeed get him. Part of me would like it, part of me wouldn't.

Comment

• Man, I'm really not that into these linebackers. I catch myself trying to do the same thing I did last year. Last year I tried selling myself on Rolando McClain but every time I saw him play, I was largely unimpressed. I came to my senses finally and it turns out my gut was right so far on him, but I catch myself doing the same thing with these linebackers right now.

I'm trying to sell myself on guys, but I just don't see any that really stands out to me yet. Maaaybe Bruce Carter is the guy? He misses tackles though. Quan is too slow for my liking, we need a fast linebacker. Greg Jones is just too damn small.

The only guy I really like is Herz, but he has serious issues, and there's no guarantee he ever gets back to his old form. And he's clearly not a first round player anyway.

As much as I want a 1st round linebacker, I just haven't seen any that wows me. And this is a weak draft too. I don't want us to reach for marginal talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      Naa we already have Shawn Andrews. They're very similar but we don't have to give up anything for Andrews.
                      I wont rely on Andrews for anything now. With that back of his, he could be out for any stretch of time. I'd go about it like he wasn't on the team, and if he plays that's a bonus if not, then it was expected.

Comment

• Washington State's Mason Foster;Im really intrigued with the physical tools and the tenacity that Foster brings, can't wait to see him in the senior bowl, I'm curious how he looks in pass coverage because he is a potential rock against the run. I like him for our SAM.
                        Last edited by DOMINATEtheline; 01-13-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

• I understand 100% I'm in the process of trying to buy into Akeem Ayers. But my immediate questions are is he more than capable in pass coverage, does he have the hip flexibility, is he a fit in a 4-3 defense, is he violent/physcial enough? What are your thoughts on him? He looks like 3-4 OLB off the bat...
                          Time will tell, Combine and pro day...

Comment

• I hear Mason Foster is catching buzz. Unfortunately, I have no recorded games of Washington, so I can't put the eyeball on him until the Senior Bowl.

Is he any better than Bruce Carter though?

Honestly, we need a MIKE. We need a fast sideline to sideline MIKE who can also put his hat in the run game. Basically our own Curtis Lofton.

That's what's missing on our defense. We need that guy who can play that deep drop, have the range to chase backs out of the backfield, and also stop the run.

I want a 3 down MIKE.

Comment

• i REALLY like Ayers, but moreso for his athletic ability. I'm afraid he doesn't really fit the 4-3, and well...poor ol' sintim is still trying to get that 4-3 SAM position but he too is better off in a 3-4
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOMINATEtheline View Post
                                I understand 100% I'm in the process of trying to buy into Akeem Ayers. But my immediate questions are is he more than capable in pass coverage, does he have the hip flexibility, is he a fit in a 4-3 defense, is he violent/physcial enough? What are your thoughts on him? He looks like 3-4 OLB off the bat...
                                Time will tell, Combine and pro day...

I think we'll pass on Ayers. We already have Sintim. I think we need to move past that experiment and draft pure linebackers from now on.

The DE/OLB hybrid SAM experiment needs to be put on the shelf for good.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information