Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I had the same inkling with McCourty last year how a good season, paired wit his great leadership, experience, special teams play, intangibles and good work outs would boost his stock. He went from about a 4th rounder to a 1st. Now Lefeged's is probably 7th-UFA right now, but I think he can boost it. Maybe not to 3rd-4th round status, but perhaps 4th-5th. He's athletic, hard hitter, special teams ace, can return kicks, is our captain etc. I've just got a great feeling with him.
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

    Comment


    • #32
      That sounds about right. I'll get a better feeling about his draft stock when we start to play some "real" teams starting next weekend.
      #Chop


      sig by BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • #33
        I don't know if we'll be picking high enough but if he some how fell to us (assuming he leaves early) I would love to get Ingram. He's such a stud. I really liked him all of last year as well. Some people have mixed feelings on how high he should go but he'd fit in so well with what we like to do. A perfect blend of size, power, and toughness.

        But I guess it depends on what Bradshaw does too.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

        Comment


        • #34
          I don't think we need a RB especially in the 1st. We've already proved we can find RB's in the draft whenever or even pick them off other teams practice squads. I like Ingram a lot and he would fit with us but I'd rather not use a 1st on him. We're becoming more of a throwing offense anyway and Jacobs/Bradshaw should be fine.
          #Chop


          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            I love Kevin Boss but I want Kyle Rudolph on this team.
            Isn't he a likely first rounder? IMO the first round pick needs to go to the OL, preferably a Center. With O'Dowd, Wisniewski and Pouncey coming out this is a strong and deep center class but I think one of our first two picks needs to be one of those guys and the other should be another DT, especially with Alford's getting cut we're really thin on young DTs after Joseph. The TE isn't a major weapon in our scheme and if we were to change the scheme I fully believe in Travis Beckum and think he'd do just as well as a receiver as Rudolph, plus he has a year more with Polk teaching him how to block, which can not be under-rated because of how great Polk is at teaching TEs to block, see Shockey, Jeremy or Boss, Kevin.

            Beatty - Petrus/Andrews - O'Dowd/Wisniewski - Snee - Diehl is a OL I'd be ecstatic to have moving forward. Beatty still needs more strenght but technically he's a good run blocker and his quick and smooth feet make me so confident the kid will turn into a stud. With him and Diehl we have bookends going forward until proven otherwise, Snee's a stud, O'Dowd's going to be a stud and Wisniewski is going to be Shaun O'Hara, with Petrus and Andrews battling Seubert for LG we'd be set there as well. Give us the power to Run when we have to but still be able to let Eli just toss it around as we need.

            Originally posted by Forenci View Post
            I don't know if we'll be picking high enough but if he some how fell to us (assuming he leaves early) I would love to get Ingram. He's such a stud. I really liked him all of last year as well. Some people have mixed feelings on how high he should go but he'd fit in so well with what we like to do. A perfect blend of size, power, and toughness.

            But I guess it depends on what Bradshaw does too.
            I like Ingram a lot and wouldn't be upset with him but I played on the line and so will always have mad love for Lineman which is why I think we need to go center and DT early next year and look for a RB like Andre Brown was coming out in round 3 or 4, such a shame he didn't work out, at NCST he was like a rich man's Derick Ward.
            Last edited by Rosebud; 09-19-2010, 12:23 AM.

            BK

            Originally posted by AcheTen
            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
            Originally posted by JBCX
            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

            Comment


            • #36
              I don't know. I like Bradshaw a lot but I'm not confident he can be a full time (or 20 carries game) back. Jacobs ability to be a good runner is still up in the air. I think depending where we are picking if we could grab Ingram I'd be thrilled. He's the type of runner with such incredible vision he can make your entire offensive line better. Which isn't common in a RB.

              We've got some needs to address, and it depends how things play out, but I'd love to have him. Assuming the swirling winds continue in the new stadium, we will always have need for a good running game.

              Plus I won't lie, he seems like an awesome person and teammate. I love having players like him on the team.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                I don't know. I like Bradshaw a lot but I'm not confident he can be a full time (or 20 carries game) back. Jacobs ability to be a good runner is still up in the air. I think depending where we are picking if we could grab Ingram I'd be thrilled. He's the type of runner with such incredible vision he can make your entire offensive line better. Which isn't common in a RB.

                We've got some needs to address, and it depends how things play out, but I'd love to have him. Assuming the swirling winds continue in the new stadium, we will always have need for a good running game.

                Plus I won't lie, he seems like an awesome person and teammate. I love having players like him on the team.
                Ingram would be nice, but as I explain above I have bigger concerns. Plus the thing with Bradshaw is he's so talented we don't necessarily need to pair him with a STUD, so while Ingram/Bradshaw may challenge Stewart/DeAngelo as the league's best duo Bradshaw and a midrounder behind a significantly better OL can be just as deadly and leaves more able to handle injuries.

                Hell I'm with BBD in that if there's a good corner like TT available in round 2 or 3 I'd gladly take one of those, so between C, DT and CB I think we have bigger worries than a RB that high. Plus we could use another project at S since Chad Jones had his horrible accident and the duo of Phillips and Grant next to Rolle is very iffy long term as Grant could walk next season and Phillips' career could end at any point, another OLB would be solid to, since we only have 4 guys I'm fine with starting now that we cut Kehl, those being Boley, Goff, Sintim and Bulluck. Dillard is a question mark right now and we still don't have a backup WILL I'd trust taking all of Boley's responsibilities.

                Then you consider a FB in case Beckum won't be moving to HB in a new, more passing role, another new DE as Osi or Kiwi could be gone next summer, another OT in case Beatty's unable to show progress due to injuries, and RB becomes a position we should bolster, but IMO isn't a position that we should spend a round one pick on unless there's literally no value at any of our other need positions.

                BK

                Originally posted by AcheTen
                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                Originally posted by JBCX
                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                Comment


                • #38
                  I hear ya. I'm just not as confident as you guys in Bradshaw being a guy who can carry the load, or even the majority of it. I think he's more suited to fill the role like he did a few years ago. Coming in late during games to run by tired defenses. He was just so good at it. Plus I'm concerned whether or not he can stay healthy.

                  We have more pressing needs though, but I don't mind going BPA as we did last year.
                  (shameless self-promotion)
                  Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                  https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I'd be fine with a CB in Round 1 or 2 depending on who's there. Rudolph probably is a late 1st rounder at this point maybe even higher as the draft gets closer. I love O'Dowd also so I'd be very happy with him as our choice. Isn't he supposed to go late 1st as well?
                    #Chop


                    sig by BoneKrusher

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      I'd be fine with a CB in Round 1 or 2 depending on who's there. Rudolph probably is a late 1st rounder at this point maybe even higher as the draft gets closer. I love O'Dowd also so I'd be very happy with him as our choice. Isn't he supposed to go late 1st as well?
                      I really have no idea, at this point I'm just keeping track of prospects I think will become quality above average starters in the NFL, not where they are being mocked. IMO O'Dowd is the most impressive C in this class if he's healthy and so is worth drafting from the late teens on.

                      BK

                      Originally posted by AcheTen
                      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                      Originally posted by JBCX
                      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        O'Dowd has been on my radar forever now and he seems like a perfect fit. He'll be on the top of my list come next April.
                        #Chop


                        sig by BoneKrusher

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          I like O'Dowd a lot too, but his injuries scare me a ton. If his health wasn't such an issue I'd be all for taking him in the first. If he stays injury free all season though I'd feel pretty good about it come draft day.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                            I like O'Dowd a lot too, but his injuries scare me a ton. If his health wasn't such an issue I'd be all for taking him in the first. If he stays injury free all season though I'd feel pretty good about it come draft day.
                            We'll see what happens this year. If he's healthy I won't worry about it. He's gotten a lot of smaller nagging injuries and those aren't the ones you've got to worry about too much with prospects as a lot of guys who picked up 2 or 3 nagging injuries in college and then in the league had better luck.

                            BK

                            Originally posted by AcheTen
                            JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                            Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                            Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Both Tackle positions, and Center need to be upgraded in some way.

                              Also, we need another DT and CB. And backup Safety.

                              I'm hoping we convert Petrus to Center, sign Jared Gaither in FA, and roll with Andrews at RT while drafting a RT to develop behind him.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Does Jacobs wanting out change our possible picks? We showed intrest in Spiller last draft and with one of our RBs going is it a possibility we go Ingram if available?


                                Thanks to Bonekrusher for the sweet sig.

                                NY Giants Super Bowl XLII Champs!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information