No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph-The strength and short area explosion he has at his size is ridiculous.If you have tape of the redskins game, he got in there and was pushing guards back 5 yards, as long as he plays with good leverage he should be very good, he has that weight room strength (Im a lifter, so I understand a bit) He has a strong core! Im expecting BIG TIME production from him in 2011.

My thinking with P. Taylor or any space eating DT is two fold: destroy the opponent's running game and occupy interior linemen to create more one on one opportunities for Tuck and company.

For example, The Vikings D Line
    I have been telling one of my close knowledgeable football comrades for yrs that J. Allen was putting them big numbers excluding last year, because of the Williams WALL, J. Allen is a very good player but insert Osi or Tuck in with those tackles??

Comment

• What happened to the Giants discussion thread?

Comment

• I have no idea. I posted in it last night right before it broke. I hope it's not permanently erased.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'll bring it up to njx9 and see if we can get it back. If not, I guess we'll just have to start a new one. No big deal.

Comment

• I hope it's not gone. I always love to go back and see how right or wrong we were on certain things.
            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Since we don't have a Giants discussion thread right now I'll just ask this here. Any interest in Shaun Rodgers?
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I'm intrigued by it. He's a turd, but he's a talented when motivated turd.

He's like a poor man's Haynesworth.

Comment

• We could get him for pretty cheap also I bet.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by DOMINATEtheline View Post

For example, The Vikings D Line
                    I have been telling one of my close knowledgeable football comrades for yrs that J. Allen was putting them big numbers excluding last year, because of the Williams WALL, J. Allen is a very good player but insert Osi or Tuck in with those tackles??

In all fairness to Allen, his best season statistically was before he even got to Minnesota. He put up 15.5 sacks with KC with a bunch of crap on their defensive line and he was the only threat. He hasn't reached that total since he's went to Minnesota.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      Since we don't have a Giants discussion thread right now I'll just ask this here. Any interest in Shaun Rodgers?
                      I'd be game, Rogers would certainly be an upgrade from Rocky Bernard if his head wasn't firmly placed in his ass, in which case we could just cut his fat ass. If he were fired up with the oppurtunity our D could be monsterous again. Canty, Cofield, Joseph and Rogers with our Ends and DBs would mean a dominant D that teams couldn't wear down and exploit. It would basically come down to how he interviewed to see if he's worth a shot.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                      Originally posted by JBCX
                      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• It seems like Rogers is going to the Skins. So it's a moot point anyway. And the Giants aren't going to make any FA moves until a new CBA is in place, so someone else seems likely to get him before we would even if we wanted him.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          It seems like Rogers is going to the Skins. So it's a moot point anyway. And the Giants aren't going to make any FA moves until a new CBA is in place, so someone else seems likely to get him before we would even if we wanted him.
                          We were showing some interest in him too as Rob Ryan has been trying to get him here to re-unite. I think for the right price he's a good grab, but if Washington really wants him nobody else matters. They will probably go way over what I think he deserves, and I only wanted him for a solid price, not like an elite top 5 player.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            We were showing some interest in him too as Rob Ryan has been trying to get him here to re-unite. I think for the right price he's a good grab, but if Washington really wants him nobody else matters. They will probably go way over what I think he deserves, and I only wanted him for a solid price, not like an elite top 5 player.
                            Yeah. I'm intrigued by him, but he's like a fortune cookie, you just don't know what you're gonna get with him.

Knowing the culture in Washington, they'll wind up getting fat, lazy, unmotivated Shaun.

I think it could have worked in NYG and Dallas. If he lands in Washington, I'm almost positive he winds up being a dud. Washington has become the Raiders of the East.

Comment

• Part of me still wants to trade the farm for Von Miller.

Von on our defense would be unstoppable. If Joseph and JPP pan out, which isn't unreasonable, and if we were to get Von, I don't see how you would be able to block our 5 man rushes.

Comment

• Something scares me about Miller but I don't know what it is. I don't think I like this top 5-10 talk for him.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information