No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's definitely not worth a top 10 pick. He's benefitting from a very weak draft class.

But for us, he's worth an investment bc he would be so dynamic in our defense. We can afford to gamble on him if we really wanted to. He could bust for a lot of teams though.

One fault if you will of Fewell is, he loves blitzing the same player over and over. In Buffalo, he loved blitzing Kawika bc he was a good blitzer.

For us, he loved blitzing Rolle bc Rolle was a great blitzer. So Fewell has shown a history of taking his best blitzer and using him in that role very often.

Now imagine if we got Miller? Imagine him rushing out of the WILL spot with Tuck, Osi, JPP and Kiwi in front of him?

Or if we come with a zone blitz with Von and Rolle coming from the same side, similar to a Rex Ryan style blitz?

For us, I think Von is worth the investment. For most teams, I agree, he's risky.

Comment

• I wouldn't mind another CB either to be honest with you guys. CBs are like pass rushers, you can never have enough. Especially with the WR talent in our division, and with the league basically becoming a spread offense/passing league.

A very good CB will be there at 19. I'm assuming Prince and PP are gone, but Harris, Williams, and Smith will all easily be there.

I need to see more of the 3 to determine who I like the most. Truth be told, I haven't really scouted many CBs this year outside of PP, Prince, and I saw this one guy on A&M that I really really liked, but for some reason I forgot his name and #.

But that A&M kid, I liked him a lot. I'm not sure if he declared. He had a pick in the bowl game.

Comment

• If we're just going to use him as a blitzer then Sintim would be fine for that.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Sintim was supposed to fill that role, but he seems too stiff to play a 4-3.

Von is soo fluid. He can blitz, but he's also shown he can drop in coverage, chase backs, drop in a zone. So we wouldn't use him just as a blitzer, he's a 3 down backer.

But on the money down, 3rd down, we could blitz him often.

Comment

• i feel like CB is pretty deep this year and we can grab a good talent in round 3

and with SO much DE talent this year, we're REALLY going to benefit. As many as like 8 or 9 DE's could go first round, which is awesome for us
            We ALL bleed scarlet
            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I'm so lost, I have no idea what we do.

At this point, I'm just going to evaluate players and see which ones I don't like. That way I know who to not root for. Bc we can go in so many different directions with this draft I just have no idea what to root for.

The guys I know I don't like as of right now:

-Nate Solder
              -Tyron Smith
              -Noel Devine

I don't know what to make of Martez Wilson. The guy has all the physical features you dream up of when thinking of a MIKE. He's big, long, tall, great speed and range.

But he's so raw as a MIKE, and he gets washed out of plays and let's plays come to him. I just don't know about him. You're intrigued bc of his stature, but you question how good of a football player he is.

He also has injury concerns.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                Part of me still wants to trade the farm for Von Miller.

Von on our defense would be unstoppable. If Joseph and JPP pan out, which isn't unreasonable, and if we were to get Von, I don't see how you would be able to block our 5 man rushes.
                That would be my worst nightmare.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  That would be my worst nightmare.
                  It would scare a lot of people. That's why I feel like it's almost worth it. He's the type of linebacker the Giants love too. The Giants love guys who can rush the passer, and he's versatile enough and fluid enough to play as a traditional linebacker as well.

If KP gets healthier in year 2 after his surgery, which isn't unreasonable either, and JPP and Joseph become what we hope they become, Boley stays healthy for a full year and ditto for Ross, we could have a nickel defense of:

LE: JPP
                  DT: Joseph on 1st and 2nd down, Canty on 3rd down
                  DT:Tuck
                  RE: Osi

LB: Boley
                  LB: Miller

CB: Webster
                  CB: Thomas
                  CB: Ross

S: KP
                  S: Rolle

I honestly don't see any weakness player wise with that defense if healthy and development of young guys continue. You have 2 safeties who can cover in man, play single high, and play zone. Both do well vs the run and Rolle is particularly good at blitzing.

You have 3 very good cover corners. 2 linebackers with range to cover, spy and blitz and probably the best nickel dline in the league.

That's why even though we have some questions along the oline, part of me wants to add that missing dynamic piece to our LB core that would take this defense to the next level. I think Miller would be that guy if we had the stones to move up for him.

Comment

• But then my brain kicks in and says

"Retool the oline = 08 caliber run game. And that gives the defense more rest, which makes them better, makes our passing game better, and probably makes our overall team better than 1 linebacker would. Plus 3 players is usually better than 1"

Then I start thinking Carimi in the 1st again.

Comment

It would scare a lot of people. That's why I feel like it's almost worth it. He's the type of linebacker the Giants love too. The Giants love guys who can rush the passer, and he's versatile enough and fluid enough to play as a traditional linebacker as well.

If KP gets healthier in year 2 after his surgery, which isn't unreasonable either, and JPP and Joseph become what we hope they become, Boley stays healthy for a full year and ditto for Ross, we could have a nickel defense of:

LE: JPP
                      DT: Joseph on 1st and 2nd down, Canty on 3rd down
                      DT:Tuck
                      RE: Osi

LB: Boley
                      LB: Miller

CB: Webster
                      CB: Thomas
                      CB: Ross

S: KP
                      S: Rolle

I honestly don't see any weakness player wise with that defense if healthy and development of young guys continue. You have 2 safeties who can cover in man, play single high, and play zone. Both do well vs the run and Rolle is particularly good at blitzing.

You have 3 very good cover corners. 2 linebackers with range to cover, spy and blitz and probably the best nickel dline in the league.

That's why even though we have some questions along the oline, part of me wants to add that missing dynamic piece to our LB core that would take this defense to the next level. I think Miller would be that guy if we had the stones to move up for him.
                      Stop it. That's just tooooo Deadly! You just stop it right there, Mr. BBD.

This is what the Cowboys Nickel looks like...

1 guy rushes, and everybody else just watches him.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Stop it. That's just tooooo Deadly! You just stop it right there, Mr. BBD.

This is what the Cowboys Nickel looks like...

1 guy rushes, and everybody else just watches him.
                        Yeah but unfortunately for us, there's probably like a 1% chance of it happening.

If we're going to get an impact linebacker, chances are we're going to have to hope it comes from Mason Foster, Bruce Carter, Quan Stuadervant (sp), Mark Herzlich, or Martez Wilson.

Comment

I'm so lost, I have no idea what we do.

At this point, I'm just going to evaluate players and see which ones I don't like. That way I know who to not root for. Bc we can go in so many different directions with this draft I just have no idea what to root for.

The guys I know I don't like as of right now:

-Nate Solder
                          -Tyron Smith
                          -Noel Devine

I don't know what to make of Martez Wilson. The guy has all the physical features you dream up of when thinking of a MIKE. He's big, long, tall, great speed and range.

But he's so raw as a MIKE, and he gets washed out of plays and let's plays come to him. I just don't know about him. You're intrigued bc of his stature, but you question how good of a football player he is.

He also has injury concerns.
                          See no reason to dislike Devine. He'll be going late. I'd love him as a return prospect. As far as Smith and Solder... I don't really like either, but if we trade to the back of round 1, early round 2 and one is sitting there, I'd scoop them up.

I don't think both are ready to contribute in year one, but can be good players down the line, but its not like we play out rookies anyway.

Comment

• Nate Irving is really starting to grow on me too. I'll throw his name in the hat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                              See no reason to dislike Devine. He'll be going late. I'd love him as a return prospect. As far as Smith and Solder... I don't really like either, but if we trade to the back of round 1, early round 2 and one is sitting there, I'd scoop them up.

I don't think both are ready to contribute in year one, but can be good players down the line, but its not like we play out rookies anyway.
                              Depends which round. I can see him going 5th round, and I still feel that's too high.

Tyron scares me bc I just don't know if he'll have the work ethic once he hits the pros. He seems like a guy who is coming out early (he had no business declaring this year) bc he wants to cash out.

Solder just doesn't look good to me.

Comment

Depends which round. I can see him going 5th round, and I still feel that's too high.

Tyron scares me bc I just don't know if he'll have the work ethic once he hits the pros. He seems like a guy who is coming out early (he had no business declaring this year) bc he wants to cash out.

Solder just doesn't look good to me.
                                I'm not so sure about that. There is a very good chance he's a going to be a first round pick. I can't really knock a guy for coming out who has a great chance of going in the first round. Heck, if he weighs in at 304 at the combine like it's being reported there is every chance he could go top 10.
                                (shameless self-promotion)
                                Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                                https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information