The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
    as do I, but if we grabbed a Foster or Irving, I wouldn't see a need for him. I'm very content with Goff right now at MIKE. I think we grab an outside backer and use Sintim as more of just a rusher on passing downs. Jones is quick and seems to be a fiery, passionate guy, which is always nice and something we could use here. I'd really like to grab an OL for depth/future starting purposes or even to start this upcoming season.

again, if Cofield leaves, I'd want to look at Ballard or Nevis in round 2. If Smith leaves, we should look at a WR early-ish as well. Not a great TE class, but we might even make moves if Boss leaves for someone like Kyle Rudolph. If Bradshaw leaves, do we try and snag Ingram or Murray early? It's tough right meow, but I definately want an OL early on.
    My thinking is, if we grab 2 linebackers, Jones and Irving, not only do we improve our LB core, but we also improve our special teams. The focus on good tackling LBs will pay dividends on STs as well.

I guess a big factor moving forward is how much the team believes in Beatty, Sintim, Beckum, and Goff moving forward.

Me personally, with Kiwi's health in question, I think we should move Sintim back to full time DE, and have him play the stand up pass rusher role in our "big base" defense in case Kiwi is a no go.

Goff, I like him as a solid backup and STer if we can land Irving and Jones.

Beatty...I don't know. That's why I want Carimi, it gives us flexibility along the oline.

Beckum...I don't know either. I say we offer Boss a decent contract, and if he walks for more money, we gamble with Beckum and Bear as our 2 TEs.

Comment

• Dream Draft:
      Round 1: TRADE- 2011 1st, 3rd and Clint Sintim to Houston for Von Miller

Round 2: Stefen Wiesnewski(probs butchered this name hahah), C, Penn State

Round 4: Best CB or UT on our board

Round 6: If we go UT round four take a CB here and if we take a CB round four take a UT here

Round 7: Best RB on our board
      Last edited by OSUGiants17; 02-15-2011, 04:37 PM.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• If we were able to pull it off, a 1st, 3rd and Sintim for Von Miller would be very interesting.

I know I'd make that trade, but would Houston? That's assuming Von even falls that far, which I would doubt at this point.

Comment

• If he can't put on the weight and Prince drops to the Cowboys he could drop to 11. Houston is switching to a 3-4(from what I heard) and I have a feeling Sintim would work wonders for them and he may seem like less of a project for them then Miller.

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I like the draft BBD but I think there is a good chance Irving goes in the first round. He is a guy who will supposedly blow up the combine and with the lack of MLB talent I could easily see him going in the top 25.
            (shameless self-promotion)
            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• <3

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I just dont see Miller as the top 5 talent people are saying he is right now, he has little to no passrushing moves and relies almost solely on his athleticism in that aspect of his game. His zone coverage is good, diagnosis of plays is pretty good, but youve got to love his ability to close in a hurry. I think he lands around 11 like OSU inferred.

Martez Wilson is really growing on me, and BBD i dont see him lasting to the 3rd, more like around our 2nd. He is an athletic linebacker who has the speed and athleticism, leadership qualities, and even pretty good ballskills. He may be better suited at OLB for us, but he is a good overall linebacker and easily an improvement. With the way we are, i dont know if he'll be playing next season though...

Since theres little to no way right now for us to get Miller, who has been the guy ive wanted since his stock looked like it was near the second round, i wouldnt mind this at all:

1.(trade back pickup a 3rd) Marcus Cannon OL
                2. Martez Wilson LB
                3a. Shane Vereen RB
                3b. Luke Stocker TE
                4. Jurrel Casey DT
                6. TJ Yates QB
                7. ST

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  Boley actually played SAM for us this year, not WILL. That's why Boley didn't make as many impact plays, his job was essentially to chase the TE all year.

But when you think about it, it worked. Bc this was the first year in a long long time that I can't remember us getting killed by the TE. Boley did a great job in his role.
                  He really did. I kept an eye on him when I saw any Giants games and he was healthy, because I remembered Falcons fans being so enamored with him at one point. He guarded Witten better then I saw anyone do all season long, and he really didn't need help with him either. It doesn't always show up when you have him doing stuff like that but he's an incredible athlete and if he can take the TE away without help it gives you a ton of flexibility with the rest of the guys.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
                    I just dont see Miller as the top 5 talent people are saying he is right now, he has little to no passrushing moves and relies almost solely on his athleticism in that aspect of his game. His zone coverage is good, diagnosis of plays is pretty good, but youve got to love his ability to close in a hurry. I think he lands around 11 like OSU inferred.

Martez Wilson is really growing on me, and BBD i dont see him lasting to the 3rd, more like around our 2nd. He is an athletic linebacker who has the speed and athleticism, leadership qualities, and even pretty good ballskills. He may be better suited at OLB for us, but he is a good overall linebacker and easily an improvement. With the way we are, i dont know if he'll be playing next season though...

Since theres little to no way right now for us to get Miller, who has been the guy ive wanted since his stock looked like it was near the second round, i wouldnt mind this at all:

1.(trade back pickup a 3rd) Marcus Cannon OL
                    2. Martez Wilson LB
                    3a. Shane Vereen RB
                    3b. Luke Stocker TE
                    4. Jurrel Casey DT
                    6. TJ Yates QB
                    7. ST
                    Martez intrigues me. He's got the body, he's a physical freak, but i'm not sure if you can teach motor and instincts. It's a scary proposition. Right now I don't know how I feel about him.

I agree on Miller, I don't really see him as a 3-4 LB, I feel like teams are going to try to manufacture him into one, but who knows. We'll see where he falls, crazier things have happened.

How's Marcus Cannon?

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    He really did. I kept an eye on him when I saw any Giants games and he was healthy, because I remembered Falcons fans being so enamored with him at one point. He guarded Witten better then I saw anyone do all season long, and he really didn't need help with him either. It doesn't always show up when you have him doing stuff like that but he's an incredible athlete and if he can take the TE away without help it gives you a ton of flexibility with the rest of the guys.
                    I think Boley's coverage abilities are a big reason why we were able to blitz Rolle so much on passing downs. Boley is actually a very good blitzer too, but Fewell tends to favor blitzing the same guy over and over from different spots, he doesn't mix it up that much in terms of who's coming.

Which is shame considering who we have on defense, but it is what it is.

The frustrating part of Boley is the 2 years he's been here, he hasn't been healthy. When he's healthy he's a beast, when he's not he looks like just a good coverage LB. Hopefully these injuries are just a fluke and not a recurring pattern.

Comment

• Wow, I'm away for a week or so (work and more work) and we have all these good discussions and exchange of ideas here! A point I want to add is the benefit of having all these 3-4 teams in the NFL now, which means that 4-3 defensive personnel will drop a round or two throughout the draft, we need to capitalize on this! For example, WILL Backers are going to drop like flies: Adrian Moten Maryland, Lawrence Wilson UCONN, Michael Morgan Southern California, these players I like very much.

We need to build quality depth.

Big Blue Defense, I agree 100% and feel the same way, building through the draft is the way, you get to mold these young guys and incorporate them into your respective systems without the built in egos and bad habits.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOMINATEtheline View Post
                        Wow, I'm away for a week or so (work and more work) and we have all these good discussions and exchange of ideas here! A point I want to add is the benefit of having all these 3-4 teams in the NFL now, which means that 4-3 defensive personnel will drop a round or two throughout the draft, we need to capitalize on this! For example, WILL Backers are going to drop like flies: Adrian Moten Maryland, Lawrence Wilson UCONN, Michael Morgan Southern California, these players I like very much.

We need to build quality depth.

Big Blue Defense, I agree 100% and feel the same way, building through the draft is the way, you get to mold these young guys and incorporate them into your respective systems without the built in egos and bad habits.
                        Speaking of falling 4-3 specific talent, as much as I ripped Nevis in the past, he's starting to intrigue me in the 2nd if he's there.

What are the chances though?

Comment

• Nevis is good. I don't know why you threw him under the bus because of one game. He's exactly the type of DT that Reese looks for as well. He'd be a good replacement for Cofield.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                            Speaking of falling 4-3 specific talent, as much as I ripped Nevis in the past, he's starting to intrigue me in the 2nd if he's there.

What are the chances though?
                            Hey man he can drop cause I doubt 3-4 teams think he can handle the 5 tech position; however, I think there are more well rounded DTs with upside than him. Besides the top 2 Dts (fairley and Dareaus) and I personally have 7 Dts ahead of Nevis on my precombine board. I think he's at his best as a 3rd Dt;a rotational player. Im not that high on him, I like DTs that can anchor, and can potentially start in the future.

I wouldn't be surprised he dropped to the 3rd round or further.

Can't wait for the combine!

Comment

• I'm fine with Liuget also that Scott gave us in the mock today.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Liuget is going to fly up the draftboards, I hope that he's a available for us at 19th. The guy is former wrestler in HS, so his hand to hand combat in the trenches are good, for a 300lber he anchors very well and has a great motor for an interior linemen. He's a very intriguing prospect, only a junior so he has alot of upside.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information