No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• as much as I like what I've read on Liuget, I feel we're in prime position to grab an OT and there will be plenty of DT talent come round 2 ala Nevis/Ballard
    We ALL bleed scarlet
    New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
    UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
    Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
    BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• I want a linebacker dammit! :)

I want Irving or Foster. That's going to require a 2nd round pick most likely. Which means if we want a DT, we either have to wait until the 3rd, or take one in the 1st.

If we take one in the 1st, we're losing out on an OT. If we reach for a LB in the 1st and take a Nevis in the 2nd, then we don't address the oline at all.

Aaah, i'm so confuzzled.

I want a linebacker though. Hell, I want 2 of em. We've been passing up on linebackers for far too long.

Comment

• Seriously though, we need linebackers. The temptation to pass on a linebacker happens every year, bc quite frankly, it's easy to think a Nevis, a Carimi, etc will impact the team more and trench players are always a good thing, but we've passed on linebackers for far too long.

We need some linebackers. I know we have oline issues too, so I don't mind Cam in the 1st, but we need linebackers. I'm hoping Irving's stock doesn't skyrocket bc he needs to be there in the 2nd for us.

If not, I'm desperate enough for LB upgrades that I would reach for one in the 1st. We need linebackers. I can't emphasize that enough.

Comment

• There is no LB I want in the 1st round this year. I'm the one who first brought up LB as a big need for the team but I don't see anyone in the draft that early that's going to make a difference. Let's hope we get lucky in the 2nd or 3rd and we find a stud there.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• We pick late in the 2nd though. I see Irving and Foster being taken before we pick in the 2nd. I want an impact linebacker, I feel those 2 guys give us our best shot at getting an impact guy.

We can gamble on the other guys, but we've been gambling on later round linebackers long enough. I'm just tired of it.

Comment

• I'm trying to wait until after the Combine to really start getting a read on these players especially the LB's. I want a super athletic LB if we do take one.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                I'm trying to wait until after the Combine to really start getting a read on these players especially the LB's. I want a super athletic LB if we do take one.
                Bruce Carter is probably your guy then. What scares me about Carter is, his instincts are suspect, and he doesn't wrap up as well as you'd like.

He's probably going to run a solid 4.6 though if he's all healed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  I want a linebacker dammit! :)

I want Irving or Foster. That's going to require a 2nd round pick most likely. Which means if we want a DT, we either have to wait until the 3rd, or take one in the 1st.

If we take one in the 1st, we're losing out on an OT. If we reach for a LB in the 1st and take a Nevis in the 2nd, then we don't address the oline at all.

Aaah, i'm so confuzzled.

I want a linebacker though. Hell, I want 2 of em. We've been passing up on linebackers for far too long.

I understand your frustrations! Last year I wanted Navorro Bowman, the year before it was Rey Maualuga and in 08 it was Tavares Gooden Miami. I cant even get mad no more...I just look at other positions...

Comment

• Originally posted by DOMINATEtheline View Post
                    I understand your frustrations! Last year I wanted Navorro Bowman, the year before it was Rey Maualuga and in 08 it was Tavares Gooden Miami. I cant even get mad no more...I just look at other positions...
                    I heard if Nicks wasn't on the board, we were gonna take Rey with our 1st rounder that year.

I can't say I'm upset with Nicks though. That was obviously a great pick. I just feel like our lb core outside of Boley is just so mediocre, we need to plug in some young, quick, good tackling, physical talent to that core for us to take the next step.

I'm watching Sound FX on NFL network the other day, and I'm listening to the Packers LBs (Clay in particular) calling out the plays and lining guys up, and being vocal out there, and I can't help but think we're missing that on our defense.

We need some fiery linebackers to add some nastiness and leadership to this defense.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      I heard if Nicks wasn't on the board, we were gonna take Rey with our 1st rounder that year.

I can't say I'm upset with Nicks though. That was obviously a great pick. I just feel like our lb core outside of Boley is just so mediocre, we need to plug in some young, quick, good tackling, physical talent to that core for us to take the next step.

I'm watching Sound FX on NFL network the other day, and I'm listening to the Packers LBs (Clay in particular) calling out the plays and lining guys up, and being vocal out there, and I can't help but think we're missing that on our defense.

We need some fiery linebackers to add some nastiness and leadership to this defense.

BBD,
                      VERY CRUCIAL STATEMENT "some nastiness and leadership to this defense" I think after we check out all the athletic abilities, combine numbers and tape of our potential defensive picks we SERIOUSLY need to look into the "intangibles" cause this defense needs these type of players ASAP!
                      Thats the reason I'm been high on Foster, Liguet, Burney and other players of this ilk- Passionate, intense, high motor/energy, flies to the ball are all attributes that they have in common.

Comment

• Originally posted by DOMINATEtheline View Post
                        BBD,
                        VERY CRUCIAL STATEMENT "some nastiness and leadership to this defense" I think after we check out all the athletic abilities, combine numbers and tape of our potential defensive picks we SERIOUSLY need to look into the "intangibles" cause this defense needs these type of players ASAP!
                        Thats the reason I'm been high on Foster, Liguet, Burney and other players of this ilk- Passionate, intense, high motor/energy, flies to the ball are all attributes that they have in common.
                        You can throw Irving's name into that hat supposedly as well. Sounds like he's a fiery passionate guy too.

We desperately need that.

Comment

• Irving, most definitively is a MUST! Passionate, intense, high motor/energy, flies to the ball in common terms but I personally REFER to them as HUNTERS!!! WE NEED HUNTERS! LOL

Comment

• Like I said before in this thread, Irving is supposed to blow up the combine with his numbers. I recall a few weeks ago JBond (Shane P. Hallam) mocked us Nate Irving in the first based on the idea he would take the combine by storm. I'm starting to think it's not as crazy as I first thought it was.
                            (shameless self-promotion)
                            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• If his measurables do blow away the combine, then I have no problem at all taking him in the 1st.

He's a gamer, if his measurables support his production, I see no reason why we should pass up on him.

Comment

• wait, wait, wait...

bbd, you like linebackers?
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information