The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
    On the subject of rbs I like dion lewis in the 6th. And I cant really comment on jpp since I wasn't high on him as a prospect at all
    Can you give us you're personal assessment of Lewis, could he be a smaller Leshan McCoy? I haven't really looked into him, I'm going to let the combine be barometer for me, however, I know for a fact that he was more productive than McCoy at Pitt.

Comment

• He's kinda small which is his biggest knack but he's a kid who I love based of his play. He doesn't have the ideal body for an NFL back or every down back but his film speaks volumes. Quick, agile with some surprising power. Good kid too. I'm a huge fan of his which coming from me really speaks volumes. He has pretty good hands from what ive seen. He's a gamer
      We ALL bleed scarlet
      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• JPP was a junior when he came out, I feel if he came out as a senior he'd undoubtedly would have been a top 10 pick, and it would be interesting to see where he, Bowers, and Quinn eventually would fall.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
          Where would you guys rank JPP amongst this years crop of DEs?
          1. Bowers
          2. JPP
          3. Quinn

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
          Originally posted by JBCX
          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• The only DE I know from this year is Quinn. And Quinn is a stud. I'd take Quinn over JPP most likely.

But I can't imagine I'd have anyone else other than possibly Bowers over him. In fact, I'd probably rate him over Bowers just based off of what I hear about Bowers being a 1 year wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              The only DE I know from this year is Quinn. And Quinn is a stud. I'd take Quinn over JPP most likely.

But I can't imagine I'd have anyone else other than possibly Bowers over him. In fact, I'd probably rate him over Bowers just based off of what I hear about Bowers being a 1 year wonder.
              I dunno bout Bowers being a 1 year wonder, it's not like he was lazy and so underachieved, he just didn't produce big numbers until his last year, JPP and Quinn are just as much 1 year wonders as Bowers. Plus Bowers is the first DE I've seen with the power and burst of Justin Tuck.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

• To be fair, JPP has higher upside than both of those guys. Physically, JPP is easily the best of the 3.

But I just love Quinn's technique, how he uses his hands. He reminds me of Ware with less burst.

Comment

To be fair, JPP has higher upside than both of those guys. Physically, JPP is easily the best of the 3.

But I just love Quinn's technique, how he uses his hands. He reminds me of Ware with less burst.
                  Fair enough, I just love Bowers' bullrush and he's got the quickness to make counters inside if guys can stop his bullrush. He's really like Tuck in a lot of ways but a little less ogrishly strong and a little quicker and more explosive.

Quinn can rush the passer, but I feel like Bowers is a much better interior pass rush, is better at beating a Tackle back inside and has a big advantage at breaking up the running game behind the LOS.

I only listed JPP, Bowers and Quinn since IMO they've all got the potential to be All-Pro's at DE and can become just dominant forces, but IMO Bowers is the best bet to become an elite DE, JPP has the highest upside and great work ethic so he's not risky, just will take time, and Quinn to me is risky. Will his hands remain as effective against guys who can snap out their punch much faster and more powerfully than the college schlubs that Quinn beat up on, is he going to slow down when he bulks up and is his head on straight? Plus I think both Bowers and JPP are better at using leverage at this point. JPP's gotten a lot better at it over the past year and Bowers is just the best of the three in this respect.

EDIT:
                  I look at it as who's best between Tuck (Bowers), Mario (JPP) and Peppers (Quinn), one has the most talent, one is the most physical and overwhelming and Peppers has the talent and technique to dominate if his ****'s together.
                  Last edited by Rosebud; 02-18-2011, 01:09 PM.

BK

Comment

• I wonder what happens to Allen Bailey. I think with all the dline talent this year Bailey might wind up being a late 2nd or 3rd round pick.

I don't think I want him as of right now. He can't play DT. He tried. He failed. He seems like a complete idiot that just won't figure out how to transition from athlete to football player.

Comment

• Trade(receive late 1st/2nd and 3rd for 19)
                      1. Marcus Cannon
                      2b. Martez Wilson
                      3a. Luke Stocker
                      3b. Jerrell Powe
                      4. Noel Devine
                      6. ?
                      7. ST
                      Last edited by BaLLiN; 02-22-2011, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• I think Noel Devine's stock is going to dip a bit more before the draft if he's there in 3rd or especially if he's there in the 4th we should pick him up as a scat back/3D Rb/ returnman. So pretty much Like a McCluster type role if Kildrive can handle that.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          He's kinda small which is his biggest knack but he's a kid who I love based of his play. He doesn't have the ideal body for an NFL back or every down back but his film speaks volumes. Quick, agile with some surprising power. Good kid too. I'm a huge fan of his which coming from me really speaks volumes. He has pretty good hands from what ive seen. He's a gamer

Sounds good, but can he contribute in our return game from day 1? If so what type of returner can he be? Average? Above average or elite?

Thanks in advance

Comment

• I'm not sure he ever returned at Pitt that's a good point. I feel like he could though. I just really like this kid and think he's a true gamer. He probably could return kicks, but I'm being an optimist and hoping hixon comes back and is back to his old self
                            We ALL bleed scarlet
                            New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                            UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                            Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                            BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Not a huge Devine fan. I'd spend a 5th on him at earliest, which we don't have, so I'd only look at him in the 6th and beyond.

And I doubt he's still on the board at that point.

I wouldn't mind us getting Sproles in FA though. Great STer who can be insurance to Bradshaw. I wouldn't mind that.

Comment

Not a huge Devine fan. I'd spend a 5th on him at earliest, which we don't have, so I'd only look at him in the 6th and beyond.

And I doubt he's still on the board at that point.

I wouldn't mind us getting Sproles in FA though. Great STer who can be insurance to Bradshaw. I wouldn't mind that.
                                That's interesting, I think Devine has way more potential than Sproles and would cost a fraction of what Sproles would. Again, I feel Devine could be used as scatback and a returner, and if he is there in the 3rd we need him.

It'll be interesting to see who we end up with in FA. Jerry Reese always makes a few signings, whether they be big ones like Canty, Boley and Rolle, or even the smaller ones who end up making an impact on the team like Kawika Mitchell, and Sammy Knight.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information