No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It wouldn't shock me if we go after AJ Hawk. I'd be ok with it, I'd prefer to draft a guy, but I wouldn't hate the idea of Hawk on the Giants.

Comment

• Maaan, I'm digging Gabe Carimi big time again. I honestly think he can play LT for us. If he can play LT we'd have a oline of

LT Carimi
      LG Petrus
      C ?
      RG Snee
      RT Diehl

long term. that would make me a happy camper. then hopefully Foster or Irving in round 2 and I'd do cartwheels in my living room.

Comment

• Mikel LeShoure is starting to become my dream round 2 pick, if he falls that far we can't pass on him. Him and Bradshaw would be scary together

SPLOOSH

Comment

• I dunno...I just hate taking RBs so early. I want linebackers and olinemen.

Comment

• [QUOTE=OSUGiants17;2532747]Mikel LeShoure is starting to become my dream round 2 pick, if he falls that far we can't pass on him. Him and Bradshaw would be scary

If there is ever a time to not follow rbs are a "dime a dozen" this is the one! I still can't believe Leshoure is not getting the "love" he deserves, we talking a big 230lb back with light feet and above average hands and only a junior (very little carries on him). If he is there at our 2nd pick, we need to pull the trigger. Other than that, give me Orlando Franklin there!

Comment

• It wouldn't surprise me if LeShoure goes before Ingram.

He'll test better at the combine, and his stock will skyrocket. I think he's the first RB off the board, and Ingram is going to be a steal for someone else.

Ingram is still better than him. He just won't test as well.

Comment

• i don't know, I have a feeling that Ingram will be nicked up often in the NFL, he's going to get hit alot, because of his lack of elusiveness presents a good target for defenders to unload. He has had minor injuries already in the college. Also, look at the difference from his sophomore yr to junior yr in production. I'm not that high on Ingram, maybe he surprises me.

Comment

• They said the same thing about Adrian Peterson.

Ingram will be a beast. He's a bigger stronger Ray Rice. I'm not advocating we take either one, I'm just not a fan of taking RBs early bc I feel you can find RBs later, but I do like Ingram quite a bit as a player.

Comment

• I've been high on LeShoure for a long time already. Probably about midway through the college year. I think he is going to end up in the last 1st though which would make me pass. I'll start to formulate a better list after the combine based on who I think will be around when we pick.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The linebacker 40 times are my main focus of this combine.

Comment

• I still think value wise, Gabe Carimi is most likely our best option at 19.

I would personally reach for a LB if Foster and Irving both won't be available in the 2nd for us, but let's hope both are there on the board.

A draft of

1. Carimi
                        2. Irving
                        3. Best available Center/pass rushing DT

would be a dream scenario for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                          They said the same thing about Adrian Peterson.

Ingram will be a beast. He's a bigger stronger Ray Rice. I'm not advocating we take either one, I'm just not a fan of taking RBs early bc I feel you can find RBs later, but I do like Ingram quite a bit as a player.
                          But his thighs aren't as juicy and he is not as good as raymell baby. Good day...I SAID GOOD DAY
                          We ALL bleed scarlet
                          New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                          UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                          Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                          BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Hm, at this point i would be happy at #19 with Harris, ingram, carimi, smith(not likely now) or ayers. I'll admit last year i raged when JPP was selected over derrick morgan. Oh well.

Edit: 21 reps for solder on the bench press, i really hope the G-men don't take a shot on him.
                            Last edited by Bostonblows91; 02-25-2011, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Couple of questions for the board.

1. If Allen Bailey is on the board in round 3, which may become a possibility, do we consider drafting him and moving him back to DT? He's 285 lbs, he can definitely pack on 15 lbs and learn to become a penetrating UT.

I love his measurables, but I'm not sure if he's a guy who will ever put it together. The guy bounced from position to position bc his coaches couldn't figure out how to take advantage of his athleticism. He's probably just a complete moron. It's not like he hasn't played football, he just can't put it together.

But his athleticism intrigues you.

2. Thoughts on Ras I Dowling as a safety? He could be another round 3 option.

3. Is Marvin Austin worth taking a later round risk on?

Comment

• 1. No, seems unteachable, unless he interviews really well and learns how to get out of his stance quicker by individual workouts.
                                2. Yes, while I'd rather we focus on a true Safety who could fill in in either spot I do think Ras-I will be a good FS a la a poor man's Antrel Rolle.
                                3. No, just doesn't have a motor, like at all, not even a small ****** one that usually misfires but occasionally works.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                                Originally posted by JBCX
                                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information