No announcement yet.

The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd love to get Ingram but after last nights game if our O-Line play doesn't improve we really need to re-load on the offensive line. I really don't have confidence in any our linemen, even Snee.
    (shameless self-promotion)
    Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
      I'd love to get Ingram but after last nights game if our O-Line play doesn't improve we really need to re-load on the offensive line. I really don't have confidence in any our linemen, even Snee.
      I'm pretty sure Snee is just banged up. I trust him going forward. I also trust Diehl as long he's not playing LT as our best OT, move him back inside to LG and you have a probowler on your hands, move him to RT because you've got a superior LT and he's a quality, dependable starter. Beatty has not blown us away but I really liked the kid as a prospect and although I had hoped he'd fill out quicker he has yet to do enough to get me to back off of my predictions for him. He's a tough kid who knows how to run block very well for someone who desperately lacks strength in the area, he's also got very quick feet and seems a good bright kid, I think if we switched to him for the rest of the year it wouldn't be ideal but we'd see a player who steadily progressed and was dependable by the playoffs should we make them.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
      JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
      Originally posted by abaddon41_80
      Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
      Originally posted by JBCX
      Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

My dream draft:
        1. Mark Ingram, RB
        2. Stefen Wisniewski, OG/C
        3. Chimdi Chekwa, CB
        4. Travis Cobb, WR/RS
        5. Karl Klug, DT
        6. Owen Marecic, FB/ILB
        7. Kai Forbath, K

SPLOOSH

Comment

Here is my current mock draft for next year

1. OT Anthony Castonzo, Boston College (6-7, 295, 5.20)

2. CB Curtis Brown, Texas (6-0, 184, 4.50)

3. LB Kelvin Sheppard, LSU, (6-3, 240, 4.70)

4. TE/FB DJ Williams, Arkansas (6-2, 251, 4.62)

5. Traded to Minnesota for Sage Rosenfels, Darius Reynaud

6. RB Roy Helu, Nebraska (6-0, 220, 4.55)

7. RS Leon Berry, Mississippi St (6-0, 205, 4.50)

I don't see interior line as being a need. Koets looks like the future replacment for O'Hara and should be resigned. At guard we have Snee and Andrews, plus Seubert who has wound the clock back plus we have Petrus, Meredith and Boothe (if resigned).

DT is not a likely to be need. Canty is playing great football as is Cofield (who should be resigned), plus we have Bernard who has been solid plus we have Linval Joseph.

Wildcards could be DE or S depending on the injury prognosis of Matthias Kiwanuka and Chad Jones.

Bradshaw will likely be resigned and he is developing a good 1-2 punch with Jacobs. We could look to upgrade our #3 RB, but that won't be a priority.

I like the idea of TE DJ Williams at FB, but we have Pascoe already, if he continues to improve we are set, although we would still need a blocking TE.

A lot will depend on who is available. I wouldn't rule out a LB early if there is a particularly good talent available.

LB is a spot we could find good value. The jury is still out on Sintim, Wilkinson and Blackburn are free agents (although I expect Blackburn to be back) and while Bulluck may be resigned, he isn't young.

Comment

I don't see why the Giants need an OL in the draft any time soon. Isn't Shawn Andrews going to be the LT of the future?

Also, I think if Reese were to draft one of the elite CBs in 2011 it would take a good defense and just totally put it over the top. How amazing would the defense be with a Patrick Peterson or a Prince Amukamara?

Comment

Most likely we won't have a shot at either of those two. The OL is the biggest concern right now. Nobody knows whether or not Andrew can play either T spot so to put all in his hands is a terrible idea. He isn't exactly the most mentally stable person.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                I don't see why the Giants need an OL in the draft any time soon. Isn't Shawn Andrews going to be the LT of the future?

Also, I think if Reese were to draft one of the elite CBs in 2011 it would take a good defense and just totally put it over the top. How amazing would the defense be with a Patrick Peterson or a Prince Amukamara?
                I think Andrews will be our LG of the future.

I don't think Peterson or Amukamarra will be available when we pick. Also Curtis Brown is a very good prospect, just under the radar a lot.

Left tackle is an issue. Sure Beatty is in the wings, but he is unproven. Considering the problems Diehl is having in pass protection, he isn't likely to be the future either. I don't think Reese would pass on a possible franchise LT prospect is he thought one was available when we pick - That is our most obvious position of need.

Also note that Reese tends to draft a mix of offense and defense, he doesn't tend to go heavy either way. With Webster, Thomas and Ross CB is not an urgent issue

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post

As has been mentioned we just can't bank on Shawn Andrews unless he takes over LT and dominates for the rest of the season, even then I'd be iffy.

Personally I'm still a Beatty believer, he looked really good as a rookie and got very little burn before bowing out to injury this year. I remember him at Uconn and while he was always really skinny he was a very good run blocker who was great at getting to the second level and turning a good gain into a big play. Once he's bulked up and comfortable out there Beatty will be a very good OT and I think he'll end up getting that chance with us.

That said I want us to draft Sherrod in the first. He's a very well rounded prospect as he's got good feet to potentially play LT if Beatty busts, but he's also a really strong run blocker in the running game so he could be a stud RT if Beatty ends up working out.

With Sherrod and Beatty battling for LT, Andrews, Deihl or Sherrod at RT, Koets or a rookie or FA at C, Snee at RG and Petrus, Andrews or Diehl at LG. Our OL is suddenly a lot better.

As for CB I'd love to have another stud, but with Web and TT we've got a beastly duo and will need a replacement for Aaron Ross as the nickel guy who could eventually take over for C-web once age catches up with him.

I would like us to grab another DT at some point although FA might be the place to do that with a guy like Fred Evans whom BBD loves. I would like to see us bring in a power back to replace Jacobs as the #2 guy in the draft or FA.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

Sherrod would be a great pickup. Problem is I think he will be gone before we pick.

Akeem Ayers is an interesting possibility

Comment

Originally posted by Big_Pete View Post
                      Sherrod would be a great pickup. Problem is I think he will be gone before we pick.

Akeem Ayers is an interesting possibility
                      I dunno, Sherrod could take over as the #2 OT and end up going between 10 and 20, but right now I'm not sure. A lot of the tackles I like either fall or guy way above were I thought, so my guess would put him in the 20's and maybe even the top of round 2, although with this week OT class I doubt it unless he does something stupid.

As for Ayers, I disagree with a first round LB. Boley's a beast at WLB, Goff has Mike on lockdown and Sintim's very promising at SAM. Our LB needs a raw mid round Will to replace Wilkinson as Boley's backup/possible-future-replacement and the second Nickel Back.

BK

Comment

Penn State Center Sefan W.

Let's not mess around and draft a center to groom. I don't mind going OT either. But one thing is for sure Andrews should be LG, get Rich S. out of there. So then put OC or OT. I don't see Koets as the long term option. Good replacement guy, but let's not waste time. I wanted Mangold before, and I wouldn't hesitate to draft a trench player for the OL.

Comment

If we put Andrews at LG where does that leave Diehl? RT?
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            If we put Andrews at LG where does that leave Diehl? RT?
                            Well that's the thing..Who is a better guard? Who has better potential? David D. or Andrews? If It's andrews, then that gets rid of David D. Is David D a better RT than KM then? If not, keep him at LT, unless we go best player available and go LT. If that guy is better in terms of potential than David D. then he will need to pick it up ASAP.

Comment

Diehl is probably better than Kareem at this point. Diehl is so underrated by us though it's funny. He plays every game, plays hurt, never says a bad thing, is a great leader and while he's not elite still gives us a great presence on the left side of the line throughout his career. I want Diehl on this team until he retires so wherever he fits best put him there.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

diehl is fantastic because he can play LT, LG and RT. (RG too, but Snee is the mother ******* boss). He gives us a lot of flexibility.

I would like to see us go CB in this draft though. OL, maybe a DT and a CB. oh and Joe Lefeged.
                                We ALL bleed scarlet
                                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information