The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
    Until Beckum and Barden actually do something, I'll remain skeptical. Now can both develop in the future? Sure. But to assume that its going to happen just bc is something I'm not in agreement with.
    *shrug* I thought Beckum's looked good this year and have been a big fan of Barden's since his college days and he's looked solid the few times he's hit the field and wasn't practicing his volleyball technique.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
    JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
    Originally posted by abaddon41_80
    Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
    Originally posted by JBCX
    Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

just a thought, instead of a nickleback, why not draft a safety since the late 1st round talent isnt too great and have Antrel play the slot?

Comment

I wouldn't want to take away from the strength of the team. Rolle has proved he's a better S than CB anyway.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
          I wouldn't want to take away from the strength of the team. Rolle has proved he's a better S than CB anyway.
          yeah but have you seen what he's done as a NB (on cardinals), hes a legitimate threat.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
            just a thought, instead of a nickleback, why not draft a safety since the late 1st round talent isnt too great and have Antrel play the slot?
            Because there's more more depth at CB than S in this draft and Rolle's a better Safety than Nickle.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

I think with Koets tearing his ACL, Center has easily become our #1 need as of right now with the draft.

Maybe we convert Petrus, but I'm not expecting it, so in all likelihood, we will be eyeing centers in the draft.

Comment

I think with Koets tearing his ACL, Center has easily become our #1 need as of right now with the draft.

Maybe we convert Petrus, but I'm not expecting it, so in all likelihood, we will be eyeing centers in the draft.
                We'll be scouting them together brother. How early do you think you will address it? For Dallas... 2nd round is the earliest, and Jerry has drafted 2 Centers in Round 2 before... Gurode and Al Johnson.

Comment

I would really like to see us make a trade down this year. This draft is deep at CB and DT which are our biggest secondary needs while we can find a spot to snag Wisniewski, O'Dowd or Rodney Hudson to fill our hole at C.

BK

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
                    Except that, you know, I don't think that Jerry Reese signed Rolle to a five-year, $37 million contract (making him the highest paid safety in the NFL) just to play the nickel.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                      We'll be scouting them together brother. How early do you think you will address it? For Dallas... 2nd round is the earliest, and Jerry has drafted 2 Centers in Round 2 before... Gurode and Al Johnson.
                      As of right now, I'd assume its a first round need for us.

RT, CB, DT are also needs, but I think C is clearly the biggest need for us right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Morton View Post
                        Except that, you know, I don't think that Jerry Reese signed Rolle to a five-year, $37 million contract (making him the highest paid safety in the NFL) just to play the nickel.
                        He wouldn't just play the nickel. He'd just move to the nickel and we'd bring on another safety to take his spot when we go 5 DBs. It's a reasonable thought and I actually think that was kind of the best case scenario thinking when we drafted Chad Jones. If he worked out and Kenny stayed healthy instead of spending money on a replacement for Ross the team was hoping they'd be able to just use Rolle there when we bring on Jones to go 5 DBs. We already use 3 Safety packages and it would just mean shifting Rolle's role some.

BK

Comment

As of right now, I'd assume its a first round need for us.

RT, CB, DT are also needs, but I think C is clearly the biggest need for us right now.
                          Well, if I'm not mistaken.... doesn't your gm just take BPA irregardless of need? I could even see you taking Mark Ingram.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Well, if I'm not mistaken.... doesn't your gm just take BPA irregardless of need? I could even see you taking Mark Ingram.
                            Not in the first round. He usually goes for need. The real exception was last year with taking JPP. The past years we needed a CB he grabbed Ross, needed a safety he got Phillips, needed a WR and he went Nicks.

This year we could certainly go BPA depending where we pick since we're a more complete team then in years past.
                            (shameless self-promotion)
                            Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                            https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

what do you guys think of Allen Bailey, Bruce Carter, Shareece Wright, Charles Brown (NC), and Graig Cooper?

Comment

Originally posted by Forenci View Post
                                Not in the first round. He usually goes for need. The real exception was last year with taking JPP. The past years we needed a CB he grabbed Ross, needed a safety he got Phillips, needed a WR and he went Nicks.

This year we could certainly go BPA depending where we pick since we're a more complete team then in years past.
                                Well if C is your #1 need and you go for that in Round 1, I think you'll be making a terrible reach.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information