The Official G-Men 2011 NFL Draft Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BaLLiN View Post
    what do you guys think of Allen Bailey, Bruce Carter, Shareece Wright, Charles Brown (NC), and Graig Cooper?
    I know I don't want you guys to have Bailey. That's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Well, if I'm not mistaken.... doesn't your gm just take BPA irregardless of need? I could even see you taking Mark Ingram.
      Yes he does.. And if it happens to fit a need then the merrier. But Reese and especially Marc Ross, set the board for talent first. So if that's WR, DE, or any position that pops up, and we are on the clock, then we will draft them.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Well if C is your #1 need and you go for that in Round 1, I think you'll be making a terrible reach.
        Probably, unless we somehow end up picking really late. Still, I'm more interested in taking a center int he second round and go BPA in the first, which I think we'll do.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

It would not be a suprise at all if we went DE yet again in the 1st.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            It would not be a suprise at all if we went DE yet again in the 1st.
            I wouldn't either, but I'd like to go another position for once. An explosive offensive player would make me happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
              Yes he does.. And if it happens to fit a need then the merrier. But Reese and especially Marc Ross, set the board for talent first. So if that's WR, DE, or any position that pops up, and we are on the clock, then we will draft them.
              Not always.

Don't believe everything the team tells the public. I have no doubt they make a board, but I highly doubt they follow it to a T no matter what.

Recent evidence of us landing players in our #1 need position in 3 out of the last 4 drafts suggests otherwise.

Comment

DE wouldn't surprise me. Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if we went CB.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                  Not always.

Don't believe everything the team tells the public. I have no doubt they make a board, but I highly doubt they follow it to a T no matter what.

Recent evidence of us landing players in our #1 need position in 3 out of the last 4 drafts suggests otherwise.
                  Well they have to go around the room and talk it out. I think they also talk about players on the board in the same clump or bracket of talent. From there they go. It's not like this:

1. CB
                  2. WR
                  3. DT

And so we are on the clock so best available is a CB, so that's our pick. I doubt it's like that. It's more like a tier system from my guess..

So once they narrow down the tier or bunch of players that fall into that section, they talk it out and go around the room.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
                    Well they have to go around the room and talk it out. I think they also talk about players on the board in the same clump or bracket of talent. From there they go. It's not like this:

1. CB
                    2. WR
                    3. DT

And so we are on the clock so best available is a CB, so that's our pick. I doubt it's like that. It's more like a tier system from my guess..

So once they narrow down the tier or bunch of players that fall into that section, they talk it out and go around the room.
                    That's how I believe it to be as well. I don't think its a strict BPA policy, I think they go this route.

That's what I prefer as well. If none of the players at your need positions match up grade wise in the same tier as the BPA, you gotta go BPA.

And that's pretty much what we do. If we have a need player who is graded out in the same tier as the BPA, we generally go for that need player. It's an effective method and one I prefer.

Comment

• Have you guys started listing your own big board's yet for players you like for your own team in Round 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Have you guys started listing your own big board's yet for players you like for your own team in Round 1?
                        I don't really focus on college football. If I helped it would be based on this site and other draft sites, and who is projected to go round 1. I am interested to see, in real life, who we may be focusing in on.

I think we may need more OL men, and perhaps more toys in the form of a RB, WR, and/or TE.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Have you guys started listing your own big board's yet for players you like for your own team in Round 1?
                          I certainly have and there are really a lot of ways we could go.

Much will depend on how the Gmen perform down the stretch and what happens in free agency, there are a lot of key players coming off contract.

Comment

• An interesting tidbit I realized about Jerry Reese. He's not successful in the 4th round, it's been his Achilles heal.

So far, our 4th rounds under the Jerry Reese consist of:

Zak DeOssie - bust as a LB, full time long snapper now

Bryan Kehl - cut

Andre Brown - cut

Phillip Dillard - most likely a career backup at MIKE. has potential but won't be much more than a solid depth guy IMO.

Not exactly the best 4th rounds. I understand some of those 4th round picks were real late and more similar to 5th rounders, but still, the 4th round is still an area where you can get quality guys, and so far we've missed in our 4th rounds each year under Reese.

I'm not complaining, Reese is one of the best in the business, I just thought this was interesting.

Comment

• TO be fair I've loved each one of those picks before Dillard. DeOzzie was a guy we all wanted, Kehl was universally regarded as a steal and had Andre Brown never had that injury we may have our starting RB OTF. We should've just drafted James Starks this year...

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                              JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                              Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                              Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                              Originally posted by JBCX
                              Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                                TO be fair I've loved each one of those picks before Dillard. DeOzzie was a guy we all wanted, Kehl was universally regarded as a steal and had Andre Brown never had that injury we may have our starting RB OTF. We should've just drafted James Starks this year...
                                I agree. I was thrilled with the DeOssie pick. I wanted him or Stewart Bradley in the 3rd, but I felt at the time we got better value with DeOssie in the 4th. I'm very disappointed in him. So soft and had no desire to be a good player.

I was ok with the Kehl pick, didn't know much about him at the time and I sort of felt he got shafted here. But still, the proof is in the pudding, and Kehl just didn't play up to his capabilities. He was soft.

I loved the Andre Brown pick. I won't fault Reese at all for that one, it's just a shame he got hurt. That was a good pick.

I wanted Geno Atkins so bad! Aaaah, I won't ever let that one go. We couldve gotten Geno, we couldve gotten Aaron Hernandez. Lots of guys. We messed that pick up.

I feel like the front office got a LB just to get an LB at that point. Which was a mistake.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information